have you or someone you know ever been on TV etc

124»

Comments

• Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody I know had a makeover on This Morning years ago. She managed to look delighted for the cameras, but in reality she hated what they'd done! :eek::D

Lol, I have seen the results of some of those makeovers and I really have wondered at the 'delighted' reaction of the 'victim'. The worst damage is usually done to the hair, cutting a woman's mid-length hair off and replacing it with a short crop dyed some hideous shade of red/mahogany seems to be a favourite thing to do for the makeover people. I have seen some women go 'ahhh, I LOVE it' when their eyes are actually saying :cry::mad:
    I'd never submit myself to something like that.

I also saw one of those home makeover shows about 15 years back where two sets of friends make over each other houses and one woman absolutely hated what her friend had done to her house. She cried and stamped her foot, did hold back at all. Her friend had replaced £2500 worth of plush carpet only 12 months old with black and white floor tiles.....:D

Friendship ruined I'm afraid ;)
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    Been through the curtains on This Is Your Life - does that count?

Were you the victim, the guest or did you just take a wrong turn....:p
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in a Hale and Pace sketch years ago with my friend,we had a nice chat with the other three extras who were lovely. I think we only got the gig as they were using my mums house to walk out of and needed a couple of kids.
    I knew Micah Balfour from a performing arts course,he played a copper in The Bill he was a bit up his own chuff back then. He probably can't fit his head through his front door now!:-D
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, I have seen the results of some of those makeovers and I really have wondered at the 'delighted' reaction of the 'victim'. The worst damage is usually done to the hair, cutting a woman's mid-length hair off and replacing it with a short crop dyed some hideous shade of red/mahogany seems to be a favourite thing to do for the makeover people. I have seen some women go 'ahhh, I LOVE it' when their eyes are actually saying :cry::mad:
    I'd never submit myself to something like that.

I also saw one of those home makeover shows about 15 years back where two sets of friends make over each other houses and one woman absolutely hated what her friend had done to her house. She cried and stamped her foot, did hold back at all. Her friend had replaced £2500 worth of plush carpet only 12 months old with black and white floor tiles.....:D

Friendship ruined I'm afraid ;)

Ha! Funny you should mention it, but that was exactly the problem - they cut her hair really short and she hated it!

As for the home makeover - I remember one like that! Think it was Anna Ryder Richardson. She put underwear on the wall or something and the woman was furious. Being an evil person, I used to love it when the makeover shows went wrong! :D They should have done more of those shows where they went back to see if they had kept it the same. I remember they did a few on Ground Force.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been on TV. Singing. Not saying more. ;)

Is this you on Stars in Their Eyes? :p
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    A couple of years ago I saw a girl I was very good friends with in high school on the ...(so embarrassing) ... Jeremy Kyle show! My mum recorded it and shown it to me after work. I think the title of the episode was called something like 'is my boyfriend sleeping with men' or something to that effect.
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    My brother in law was on a programme called Salvage Squad when they were doing up a boat called the Massey Shaw, he was 'steaming' a long piece of oak which he then bent and used as a buffer for the side of the boat.

Him and my sister (as they are river people) were also in the River Pangeant for the jubilee, I saw them shoot past in one of their little boats from the comfort of my telly.
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapmania wrote: »
    A couple of years ago I saw a girl I was very good friends with in high school on the ...(so embarrassing) ... Jeremy Kyle show! My mum recorded it and shown it to me after work. I think the title of the episode was called something like 'is my boyfriend sleeping with men' or something to that effect.

have you talked to her since the show about it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they showed the Les Miserables film premiere special on ITV1 in December, I was the girl in the pink ear muffs shown on camera getting a picture with Amanda Seyfried :D :cool: