Sports Commentators (non-football) (Part 2)

Comments

• Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me wrote: »
    Cardiff Blues V Leinster (RaboDirect Pro12 RU)

(S4C) Gareth Roberts hosting from (the) Cardiff City stadium, with Derwyn Jones and Emyr Lewis as stadium guests. Commentary from Huw Llewellyn Davies and Dr. Gwyn Jones, with Cennydd Davies on reporting duties.

Lyn Davies eventually commentated on Scarlets V Glasgow after a few advert breaks.
  • rufusericrufuseric Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cardiff Blues V Leinster (RaboDirect Pro12 RU)

(S4C) Gareth Roberts hosting from (the) Cardiff City stadium, with Derwyn Jones and Emyr Lewis as stadium guests. Commentary from Huw Llewellyn Davies and Dr. Gwyn Jones, with Cennydd Davies on reporting duties.

Both Cardiff teams seem to have had some unlucky refeering decisions today, with West Bromwich Albion's first goal against Cardiff City in the FA Cup being an obvious offside (going by both Radio Wales/Cymru) and Leinster's first try coming from a forward pass.

They were awarded a rather questionable try to compensate though:D
  • Tony YeboahTony Yeboah Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Nick 'He's in Real Trouble!' Halling has started a regular column on the Boxing News website.
    http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/BN08/detail.asp?id=2700
  • chrisfinchchrisfinch Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    NFL Wildcard Playoffs (Sky Sports)
    Presenter: Kevin Cadle with Neil Reynolds, David Tuckman and Zak Follett

Cincinnati @ Houston
    Commentators (NBC): Tom Hammond and Mike Mayock
    Reporter (NBC): Alex Flanagan

Detroit @ New Orleans
    Commentators (NBC): Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth
    Reporter (NBC): Michele Tafoya

Atlanta @ New York Giants
    Commentators (Fox): Joe Buck and Tory Aikman
    Reporters (Fox): Chris Myers and Pam Oliver

Pittsburgh @ Denver

Commentators (CBS): Jim Nantz and Phil Simms
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Championship League Snooker 2012, Watch&Bet and liveworldsnooker.tv

Commentators: Clive Everton, Dave Hendon and Michael McMullan

McMullan is the presenter of Irish radio station Today FM's live Premier League coverage (and in my opinion is an excellent football anchorman). I didn't know he was also a snooker commentator until today but from looking at the Snooker Scene blog apparently he has been covering the Championship League for a few years now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Championship League Snooker 2012, Watch&Bet and liveworldsnooker.tv

Commentators: Clive Everton, Dave Hendon and Michael McMullan

Neal Foulds is also part of their commentary team at Crondon Park today. Watch&Bet and liveworldsnooker.tv are also showing qualifiers for the World Open, which are being broadcast without commentary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to stagger these updates over three posts but Phil Yates is also commentating on the Championship League snooker with Clive, Dave, Neal and Michael. On the Championship League Darts they usually only require three commentators!

Also on Watch&Bet today was live streaming of the first one-day international between South Africa and Sri Lanka. I'm no expert on cricket commentary but from the bits I caught it appeared as if they were using the world feed, I'm not sure who would be on that though.
  • thelastwordthelastword Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    South Africa vs Sri Lanka -1st ODI (11th January)

Presenter: Paul Allott

Pundits: Alec Stewart & Robert Croft

Commentary from Supersport's Mike Haysman, Pommie Mbangwa, Robin Jackman, Russell Arnold, Kepler Wessels, HD Ackerman and Craig Matthews

Guest appearance on commentary for about 2 overs from long serving South African fast bowler Makhaya Ntini.
  • The WandererThe Wanderer Posts: 5,238
    Forum Member

Also on Watch&Bet today was live streaming of the first one-day international between South Africa and Sri Lanka. I'm no expert on cricket commentary but from the bits I caught it appeared as if they were using the world feed, I'm not sure who would be on that though.

Almost certainly would have been the Supersport commentary team thelastword posted just above this post, as that's what overseas broadcasters take
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friday 13th January - BBC Red Button

BDO World Professional Darts Championship Women's Final: Deta Hedman v Anastasia Dobromyslova

Commentators: David Croft and Vassos Alexander

Rob Walker did the opening link from the Lakeside stage and conducted the first interview with the champion backstage

Good on the BBC for showing the final live at short notice, what with ESPN not bothering to show any of the women's competition at all. I know darts (and women's darts specifically) is very much a minority sport, but surely ESPN could have taken a few hours break from their daytime diet of repeats and magazine shows for one week in January, especially seeing as most of the European football leagues they cover are on their winter breaks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Friday 13th January – Heineken Cup

James Gemmell presenting from Ravenhill, Belfast with Dewi Morris and Tyrone Howe as the studio pundits.

Ulster vs Leicester (Sky Sports 1)
    Commentators: Miles Harrison and Stuart Barnes

Racing Metro vs Edinburgh (Red Button)
    Commentators: Scott Hastings and Matt Perry

Ospreys vs Treviso (Red Button)
    Commentators: Bob Symonds and Michael Lynagh
    Forum Member
    Saturday 14th January – Heineken Cup

Alex Payne presenting from Twickenham Stoop, London with Sean Fitzpatrick, Will Greenwood and Scott Quinnell as the studio pundits. When Will and Scott went outside before the Quins match, Dean Ryan joined Sean in the studio before going to ‘The Front Line’

Scarlets vs Northampton (Sky Sports 1)
    Commentators: Martin Gillingham and Ieuan Evans

Munster vs Castres (Sky Sports 1)
    Commentators: Johnnie Hammond and Alan Quinlan

Toulouse vs Connacht (Red Button)
    Commentators: Simon Ward and Frankie Sheehan

London Irish vs Cardiff (Red Button)
    Commentators: Andrew Cotter and Kingsley Jones

Harlequins vs Gloucester (Sky Sports 1)
    Commentators: Mark Robson and Will Greenwood
    3D Commentators: Bob Symonds and Pat Sanderson
  • pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Simon Lazenby is continuing with the Rugby as well as F1 it's very strange at the moment, he seems to present week or two at a time then disappears for 2-3 weeks. It's not if the F1 is on at the mo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Well GT left SSN at the end of 2011 to concentrate on F1. So maybe Simon has now left the Rugby department ready to concentrate on the F1?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday 14th January - BBC One

BDO World Professional Darts Championship Semi-Final: Ted Hankey v Christian Kist

Colin Murray presented from the Lakeside Country Club alongside Bobby George

Commentators: Tony Green and David Croft

Reporter: Rob Walker

ESPN UK

BDO World Professional Darts Championship Semi-Final: Tony O'Shea v Wesley Harms

Ray Stubbs presented from the Lakeside Country Club alongside Niels de Ruiter

Commentators: David Croft and Vassos Alexander

Reporter: Nat Coombs

With Rob Walker due at the Alexandra Palace to begin his MC duties at The Masters snooker and Nat Coombs scheduled to present Radio 5 Live Sports Extra's NFL coverage, it'll be interesting to see who BBC Two use as their reporter on their coverage of tomorrow's final. Perhaps it will be whichever commentator it is that misses out on a seat in the commentary box, or maybe they'll just decide against having one like they did last year.
  • LOSGLOSG Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well GT left SSN at the end of 2011 to concentrate on F1. So maybe Simon has now left the Rugby department ready to concentrate on the F1?

She also seems to have gone on a month long holiday which may have bought her departure forward.
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    USA Perpignanais V Newport-Gwent Dragons (Amlin Challenge Cup RU)

(S4C) Arthur Emyr hosting with Dr. Gwyn Jones and Rhodri-Gomer Davies as studio guests. Commentary from Wyn Gruffyd and Derwyn Jones.

French channel 'France 4' has the Dragons down as just 'Newport', which would mean Darren Edwards has sent our Semi-professional side out to SW France :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    South Africa v Sri Lanka - 1st ODI (Thursday 12th January)

Pundits: Robert Croft and Alec Stewart

Commentary from Supersport team of Kepler Wessels, HD Ackerman, Craig Matthews, Robin Jackman, Mike Haysman, Pommie Mbangwa, Russel Arnold and Makhaya Ntini (special guest for a few overs on a couple of occasions)

Australia v India - 3rd Test (Friday 13th January - Sunday 15th January)

Presenter: Matt Floyd
    Pundits: Vikram Solanki and Dominic Cork

Commentary from Channel Nine team of Mark Taylor, Ian Healy, Michael Slater, Ian Chappell, Bill Lawry, James Brayshaw, Tony Greig and Mark Nicholas

South Africa v Sri Lanka - 2nd ODI (Saturday 14th January)

Pundits: Angus Fraser and Robert Key

Commentary from Supersport team of Kepler Wessels, HD Ackerman, Craig Matthews, Robin Jackman, Mike Haysman, Pommie Mbangwa, Russel Arnold and Makhaya Ntini (special guest for a few overs on a couple of occasions)
    Forum Member
    Sunday 15th January – Heineken Cup

Presented by Alex Payne from the Sky Sports studio, with Will Greenwood, Dewi Morris and Paul Wallace as the pundits. Dean Ryan was on ‘The Front Line’ for the Saracens game.

Glasgow vs Leinster (Sky Sports 2)
    Commentators: Scott Hastings and Frankie Sheehan

Saracens vs Biarritz (Sky Sports 2)
    Commentators: Miles Harrison and Stuart Barnes
  • Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Simon Lazenby is continuing with the Rugby as well as F1 it's very strange at the moment, he seems to present week or two at a time then disappears for 2-3 weeks. It's not if the F1 is on at the mo.

He's not presenting today either and I don't think he's missed a round of the Heineken Cup so far so I imagine that's probably him done with the rugby for now
  • LanarkianLanarkian Posts: 7,556
    Forum Member
    Tennis - Australian Open

Channel 7 (host broadcaster, Australia)
    Hosts Matt White, Hamish McLachlan
    Commentators and Analysts Jim Courier, Sam Smith, John Newcombe, Todd Woodbridge; Nicole Bradtke, Sandy Roberts, John Fitzgerald, Rennae Stubbs, Alan Stone; Peter Donegan, Geoff Masters, Kerryn Pratt

ESPN2 (USA)
    Hosts Chris Fowler, Chris McKendry
    Commentators and Analysts Cliff Drysdale, Chris Evert, Darren Cahill, Mary Jo Fernandez, Brad Gilbert, Patrick McEnroe, Pam Shriver
    Reporter and Interviewer Tom Rinaldi
  • pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex2606 wrote: »
    He's not presenting today either and I don't think he's missed a round of the Heineken Cup so far so I imagine that's probably him done with the rugby for now

I am sure he missed the first weekend of Heineken Cup
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member

Which of course clashed with a GP.
  • Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which of course clashed with a GP.

Ah ok, I'm guessing that was the weekend they were all in Brazil then.