[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
Forum Member
Sony has confirmed the price of their new next-gen console the PS4

Here is the PR http://www.noshitshurlock.com/sony-confirms-playstation-4-price/

Comments

• Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could have easily just posted the price too. I'm not clicking that. No offence. But i've clicked things before when the member has one post, and it can be a bad thing.
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    Too expensive, for what essentially is just a redesgned controller, that plays mainly PS3 games. (most titles will initially be cross-generational)
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Sony has officially confirmed that their upcoming Next Gen console the Playstation 4 which has already started manufacturing and will cost the following (depending on your currency)

In Dollars the Playstation 4 will start at $428 Dollars
    In Euros the console will start at 399€ Euros
    In Japan the Playstation 4 will cost 40.000 Yen
    This is the price of the most “Standard” edition, we expect the highest GB in storage and extra features edition of the Playstation 4 to cost over 600$

Don't have a clue where the information has come from this site (never heard of it before) is the only one I can find that's stated Sony's confirmed the price. Probably just some site desperate for hits, as I'm very sure more bigger sites like IGN,kotaku etc would of had it on there front page.
    Chparmar wrote: »
    Too expensive, for what essentially is just a redesgned controller, that plays mainly PS3 games.

Correction it does not play PS3 games It plays PS4 games. The playstation 4 is sony's fourth generation console. A far more powerful,easy to develop for platform.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you missed the actual pricing from your post :p

US = $429
    Europe = 399€ or £336 (At current conversion rates).
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes probably.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why no quotes or sources from sony ?

i call bs
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I think you missed the actual pricing from your post :p

US = $429
    Europe = 399€ or £336 (At current conversion rates).

So i expect uk price to be £390
  • General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^If there's any truth in this I won't be rushing out to get one. I'd define that as pretty frigging expensive.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    So i expect uk price to be £390

£350 - £360 IMHO

There is no way Sony want a repeat of the high price, rip off claims that followed the PS3 launch and with 360 having large market share in the UK I think it would be silly to overcharge us as a region (They could probably get away with it easier in Europe where PS3 is a bigger platform than the 360)
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    £350 - £360 IMHO

There is no way Sony want a repeat of the high price, rip off claims that followed the PS3 launch and with 360 having large market share in the UK I think it would be silly to overcharge us as a region (They could probably get away with it easier in Europe where PS3 is a bigger platform than the 360)

Even if it was £350 I think it's too expensive for a supposed lower end model, depending on how drastic the changes are to go from lower end to highest end model. I say £280-299 for lower end and high end model being £350-£379. Any higher and I think they will struggle to sell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Considering that this information isn't on any of the big gaming websites i'd take it with a hefty pinch of salt. If Sony had really just announced their pricing you can bet it would be all over sites like IGN, Eurogamer, and Kotaku within minutes, so i'm calling BS on this for the time being (not to mention that the OP only has one post to their name).
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Considering that this information isn't on any of the big gaming websites i'd take it with a hefty pinch of salt. If Sony had really just announced their pricing you can bet it would be all over sites like IGN, Eurogamer, and Kotaku within minutes, so i'm calling BS on this for the time being (not to mention that the OP only has one post to their name).

Even if it wasn't the sites would report it, Kotaku does love it's bait headlines.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    Even if it was £350 I think it's too expensive for a supposed lower end model, depending on how drastic the changes are to go from lower end to highest end model. I say £280-299 for lower end and high end model being £350-£379. Any higher and I think they will struggle to sell.

I agree with this entirely, and I totally call bu****it on the original post.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I paid £300 for a WiiU so £360 for a PS4 ain't bad ... I was expecting £400 tbh. :)
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hrasda wrote: »
    Sony has confirmed the price of their new next-gen console the PS4

Here is the PR http://www.noshitshurlock.com/sony-confirms-playstation-4-price/

That article is over 2 months old.

It was nonsense then, it's nonsense now.

Sony have confirmed nothing.

Thread = fail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Love it.

The thread is misleading and incorrect. Should be closed in my opinion.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Thread is bollocks, started by someone making a first post going to a bollocks blog.

Advertising for a site me thinks?
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    Thread is bollocks, started by someone making a first post going to a bollocks blog.

Advertising for a site me thinks?

Precisely, he's done the same sort of thing on the 360 pricing article comments linking to the same site.

I reported him there and will follow suit here too.
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chparmar wrote: »
    Too expensive, for what essentially is just a redesgned controller, that plays mainly PS3 games.
    Errrm, no ... it's a completely new PlayStation console that won't have any backwards compatibility with the PS3, unless
    they include a "system on a chip" PS3 hardware emulator ... something along those lines is rumoured for the next Xbox.
    Forum Member
    DJGM wrote: »
    Errrm, no ... it's a completely new PlayStation console that won't have any backwards compatibility with the PS3, unless
    they include a "system on a chip" PS3 hardware emulator ... something along those lines is rumoured for the next Xbox.

Sony have confirmed there will no BC, however there will be an option to play your PS3 games on there cloud service.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    Sony have confirmed there will no BC, however there will be an option to play your PS3 games on there cloud service.

Where cloud service?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    Where cloud service?

http://youtu.be/9SK0QyHcCIw

:yawn:
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We didn't even know what it does better yet
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    I think some here need to watch the PS4 presentation a few months back.