Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know how they'll demolish a penthouse, but it's in bad condition apparently.

I wondered that too - it can be a nightmare getting structural changes when your talking about a block of flats, I have personal experience of that. It took years to be able to sell a late relatives flat because there were issues with the roof (it was on the top floor just under the roof) and they had to get the agreement of everyone living in the complex before it could be done. We couldnt afford it ourselves so we also had to ask the others to chip in...plus with the market being in the state its been in, it took over 4 years to find anyone willing to take it on. It wasn't in the best state inside either... oh the relief when it finally sold(!) we didn't get a great deal for it but to have finally got rid of it, we bought a cheap bottle of bubbly to celebrate lol :D nightmare...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    The Yorkshire Evening Post is running an 'exclusive' entitled:

"Probe of Jimmy Savile’s Leeds tea club police pals"
    Quote:
    "A probe has been launched into on-duty police officers who attended weekly tea parties at Jimmy Savile’s penthouse flat. West Yorkshire Police are quizzing members of the disgraced late entertainer’s inner circle over the so-called Friday Morning Club get-togethers. In October the force said it had no information about officers visiting Savile’s Roundhay Park pad, but that “they were free to do what they wished when off duty”. However, it has now confirmed police regularly visited while on uniform duties to “interact more” with the community."

Full article: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/probe-of-jimmy-savile-s-leeds-tea-club-police-pals-exclusive-1-5454020
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Yorkshire Evening Post is running an 'exclusive' entitled:

"Probe of Jimmy Savile’s Leeds tea club police pals"
    Quote:
    "A probe has been launched into on-duty police officers who attended weekly tea parties at Jimmy Savile’s penthouse flat. West Yorkshire Police are quizzing members of the disgraced late entertainer’s inner circle over the so-called Friday Morning Club get-togethers. In October the force said it had no information about officers visiting Savile’s Roundhay Park pad, but that “they were free to do what they wished when off duty”. However, it has now confirmed police regularly visited while on uniform duties to “interact more” with the community."

Full article: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/probe-of-jimmy-savile-s-leeds-tea-club-police-pals-exclusive-1-5454020

All very cosy isn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interact more with the community? while spending time in one persons flat and not out on the streets? pah. Cosy indeed(!).

Louis also kept in touch with him after the documentary, in the biography it said that he attended some of those FMC (Friday Morning Club) meetings as well - has he been questioned at all, I wonder?. He released a statement about the allegations, its on his facebook page. I imagine he didn't know enough to be able to do anything or only had suspicions but given some of the footage in the documentary, he must have been a little suspicious, or at least curious about some quotes - I think in the statement he indicated he had suspicions. Its very frustrating many people had heard rumours or felt suspicious but didn't think they had real evidence to be able to do anything about it (if you know what I mean). I can't imagine he would have known things and kept it to himself...its just all so very frustrating, the way it all happened and that he (JS) wasn't stopped earlier :( makes me sad for the victims.
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Interact more with the community? while spending time in one persons flat and not out on the streets? pah. Cosy indeed(!).

Louis also kept in touch with him after the documentary, in the biography it said that he attended some of those FMC (Friday Morning Club) meetings as well - has he been questioned at all, I wonder?. He released a statement about the allegations, its on his facebook page. I imagine he didn't know enough to be able to do anything or only had suspicions but given some of the footage in the documentary, he must have been a little suspicious, or at least curious about some quotes - I think in the statement he indicated he had suspicions. Its very frustrating many people had heard rumours or felt suspicious but didn't think they had real evidence to be able to do anything about it (if you know what I mean). I can't imagine he would have known things and kept it to himself...its just all so very frustrating, the way it all happened and that he (JS) wasn't stopped earlier :( makes me sad for the victims.

That's exactly it. And the fact that JS surrounded himself with people even up to the Royal Family and the Pope.

At the start of this thread people were saying his death would open a whole can of worms. I didn't believe it then. Not having any great interest in JS or having heard any rumours myself I couldn't really believe what people were hinting at.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now then, now then*, someone's uploaded an interesting video.

*sorry
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

*sorry

I liked the image of 'how Jimmy looks now' that kept cropping up throughout that video...;):p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know how they'll demolish a penthouse, but it's in bad condition apparently.

Probably a good idea to wreck it. A fresh start is needed. The Estate Agent's pictures did seem to depict it as shabby and not very well maintained.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak

West Yorkshire Police confirms that serving officers who took part in meetings at Jimmy Savile's home will be questioned
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Williams-Thomas ‏ @mwilliamsthomas

Savile was exposed as a paedophile in Oct last year - yet it has taken 6months to investigate The Friday Morning Club
  • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

*sorry

Now then, but not all being questioned

Oooo-ooooo-ooooo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    That's exactly it. And the fact that JS surrounded himself with people even up to the Royal Family and the Pope.

At the start of this thread people were saying his death would open a whole can of worms. I didn't believe it then. Not having any great interest in JS or having heard any rumours myself I couldn't really believe what people were hinting at.

Maybe there's an element of people seeing what they want to see, although thats not to say that everyone knew about the rumours and chose to ignore them. A friend of my mum used to be a fan of his, I remember going to her house at new years and her talking about how much she enjoyed watching his Christmas special with her two daughters (im thinking Jim'll Fix It) a few days ago, saying she never misses his Christmas shows, it was a tradition of hers - I doubt she knew the rumours. I think my mum quipped back with 'you still like him? he's getting on a bit isn't he?' or some such...that must have been the early 90s.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Probably a good idea to wreck it. A fresh start is needed. The Estate Agent's pictures did seem to depict it as shabby and not very well maintained.

I'm curious quite how its possible to demolish just one flat out of a complex though? physically/structurally speaking, without damaging the surrounding flats? :confused:

They must have alot of money to be able to do that - I imagine it'll be very costly and they might not be able to sell it on for a profit afterwards. Good luck to them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I'm curious quite how its possible to demolish just one flat out of a complex though? physically/structurally speaking, without damaging the surrounding flats? :confused:

They must have alot of money to be able to do that - I imagine it'll be very costly and they might not be able to sell it on for a profit afterwards. Good luck to them.

Yeah. I think it's the top floor, though, so the buyers must think they can do it. Don't envy any people living underneath! I live near Roundhay Park and the damned thing has become a bit of a blot on what is a beautiful park and lakeside. I think most of us would welcome seeing the back of it. Tainted memories and all that :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart Hall due in Preston Crown Court tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah. I think it's the top floor, though, so the buyers must think they can do it. Don't envy any people living underneath! I live near Roundhay Park and the damned thing has become a bit of a blot on what is a beautiful park and lakeside. I think most of us would welcome seeing the back of it. Tainted memories and all that :(

If they own all the properties it'd be a lot easier but I think they only own one or two?.

Thats a shame - I imagine there's been a fair bit of vandalism and graffiti :( the building will still be there afterwards though, only modernised so I imagine some people may still have an interest in going there to see the site.

Lets hope they don't find anything if they do start moving walls etc. though - dark thought :eek:
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,802
    Forum Member
    Andrea Davison was found guilty of 26 charges of fraud and sentenced to 2 years 6 months in prison but had absconded.

She ran what was described as a fake documents factory....
    In interview, she agreed that she had offered to provide cards to give people false identification and had also created false identification for herself.

She falsified documents such as utility bills, and also created false entries on the electoral register to make it look as if other people, including those living abroad, were living at her home address when they were not.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can't imagine anyone wanting to live in it. Shame as you say it just can't be razed and banished from the landscape, particularly for those who love and use the park. Is it a flat roof building? Maybe they could remove the floor and plant a roof garden - something beautiful to banish the ugliness of him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rape trial date set for broadcaster Stuart Hall
    Mr Hall's trial is expected to last four weeks
    Broadcaster Stuart Hall has appeared in court charged with one count of rape and 14 counts of indecent assault.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21629747
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't really ever got involved in any of the JS threads but I feel compelled to post this.

Someone who was really close to me thought that JS was praiseworthy and admirable............even to the extent that his 'Sir' was worth far more than another media person who was granted the title.

I am so glad that this all came out after that person's death.

JS was a totally revolting person.:mad:
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where are the high profile arrests into the disgusting perverted behaviour of the 'high members of society' at the Elm guest house?

Covered up again no doubt?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twitter user arrested 'for revealing identity of Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell's alleged child sex victim'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2286499/Twitter-user-arrested-revealing-identity-Coronation-Street-star-Michael-Le-Vells-alleged-child-sex-victim.html#ixzz2MJuMPs6V
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't really ever got involved in any of the JS threads but I feel compelled to post this.

Someone who was really close to me thought that JS was praiseworthy and admirable............even to the extent that his 'Sir' was worth far more than another media person who was granted the title.

I am so glad that this all came out after that person's death.

JS was a totally revolting person.:mad:

Makes me think of contrasting statements by my real mother and my stepmother, on the subject of Sir James. My real mother once said, of Savile, 'He's a good chap. He does a lot for charity!' My stepmother, on the other hand says, 'He makes my flesh crawl! He isn't what he pretends to be!'

I suppose Stepmum wins on perspicacity!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mail is banging on about the importance of "free press", forgetting it was Channel4 who broke the Rennard story, and ITV who broke Savile. Both regulated broadcasters.
This discussion has been closed.