Better in childhood movies

BlurayBluray Posts: 661
Forum Member
✭✭
There are some movies that are just as good as an adult as they were when you're a child.

Mine would be The Goonies, The Rescuers, E.T and probably loads more....

Some however don't stay the same...
Mine would be Pete's Dragon - as a child I loved it but recently watched it for the first time in a good few years and it hadn't stood the test of time. It was quite boring and its humour seemed very childish.

But has there been any movie/s that you've watched as an adult that had lost the magic sparkle they had when you saw them as a child?

Comments

• NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,156
    Forum Member
    Recently watched Honey I Blew Up the Kid, for the first time since i was a child. Wasn't as good as i remembered, but i'll always hold a soft spot for it as it was the first film i saw at the cinema.

The first one however is still fantastic.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing I only noticed recently about The Goonies which I didn't notice when it came out is that it actually has a fantastic musical score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeRz1fEndd0

Composer: Dave Grusin

Great film music.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another example is The Wizard of Oz.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still love Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
    Best shown at Christmas.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    Another example is The Wizard of Oz.

This one is better for me now as an adult than as a kid.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lion King, well both Lion King's don't sit with me well now i am older. I am knocking them because they are classics. Other than that, most childhood films i can watch now and still love.
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing I only noticed recently about The Goonies which I didn't notice when it came out is that it actually has a fantastic musical score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeRz1fEndd0

Composer: Dave Grusin

Great film music.

I got this a few years ago http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Goonies-Anniversary-Expanded-Score/dp/B003H8089K, I didn't pay £90 though.
    Great soundtrack.

Another "better in childhood" movie is Annie. Good songs but it really drags for a more child-friendly musical. I bought the blu-ray, watched once then sold it.
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane & Lassie,,,
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was very young I loved Mac and Me - watching it back now it's a terrible film.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Neighbour Totoro
    THEN: I want a troll of my own! NOW: Too long. Boring. Depressing.

The Thoroughly Modern Millie
    THEN: The 1920s look so fun! NOW: Holy cow. I didn't realise how racist that was.

The Moon-spinners
    THEN: I want to be just like her! NOW: please let me strangle her, please let me strangle her, please let me strangle her.

Black Hole
    THEN: I want to be like Vincent! NOW: ......what the **** did I just watch?