which blu ray home cinema to get

can anyone recommend me a good blu ray home cinema set up for my bedroom please budget is probably about £300 max
cheers

Comments

• TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamie1 wrote: »
    can anyone recommend me a good blu ray home cinema set up for my bedroom please budget is probably about £300 max
    cheers

Do you need to plug anything else into it Sky, PS3 etc
  • jamie1jamie1 Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    yes i have a sky hd box its going into a 46" samsung lcd tv
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get your self a proper grown up's system rather than one of those toytown all in one things.

For 300 quid you could get something like this

http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/yamaha/yht196/yama-yht196
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/sony/bdps490/sony-bdps490-blk

Which will likely blow any all in one system into the weeds in terms of sound/picture quality and connectivity. You will certainly be able to hook up the Sky box to it very easily to get surround sound off that.

Bit more effort involved setting it all up but well worth it. Plus you don't have the problems of all in ones to put up with. Namely, they tend not to have many (sometimes no) connections for external kit. Plus if the Blu-ray player bit in the unit dies you have to lose the whole lot while it's being repaired. Or have to throw the whole lot away if you feel the urge to upgrade. At least with a separates system you only lose the bit that is faulty or can upgrade in stages, eg better speakers or a newer disk player rather than have to start all over from scratch each time.
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiexen wrote: »
    Do you need to plug anything else into it Sky, PS3 etc

All new TV's and all current bluray home cinema systems will have "arc" so you would normal plug hdmi 2 on TV to the HC and all the rest goes to the TV as normal . No need for optical feeds etc .

All the big brand names have HC systems in there ranges that give good results , but if you want the ultimate sound then go separates but do your research as some separates have "issues" with ARC --Google the model + you TV model number
  • MenoetiusMenoetius Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For £239 you can get the Yamaha BDX-610 - an all in one blu-ray home cinema system. For a bedroom system it'll offer everything you need - blu-ray, arc, network connectivity for netfilx, internet radio.

If you want to go down the separates route and could stretch the budget then look at this bundle. Granted, it's well over budget but for a home cinema package it's a lot of kit for the money.
  • David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend a Yamaha YAS-101 soundbar (£189 from Richer Sounds) and Pioneer BD-P150 Bluray player (£85, also from Richers). That leaves enough left over for an HDMI lead and optical cable.
  • ravedadaveravedadave Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Get your self a proper grown up's system rather than one of those toytown all in one things.

For 300 quid you could get something like this

http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/yamaha/yht196/yama-yht196
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/sony/bdps490/sony-bdps490-blk

Which will likely blow any all in one system into the weeds in terms of sound/picture quality and connectivity. You will certainly be able to hook up the Sky box to it very easily to get surround sound off that.

Bit more effort involved setting it all up but well worth it. Plus you don't have the problems of all in ones to put up with. Namely, they tend not to have many (sometimes no) connections for external kit. Plus if the Blu-ray player bit in the unit dies you have to lose the whole lot while it's being repaired. Or have to throw the whole lot away if you feel the urge to upgrade. At least with a separates system you only lose the bit that is faulty or can upgrade in stages, eg better speakers or a newer disk player rather than have to start all over from scratch each time.

I have the yamaha yht-196 and is absolutely amazing, better than any all in one system I have ever used, sound is amazing.
    Forum Member
    i like the look of that Yamaha system now all i need is a compatible blu ray player to go with it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamie1 wrote: »
    i like the look of that Yamaha system now all i need is a compatible blu ray player to go with it
    Well I did post one such option. :)
    Forum Member
    Amazon do a complete package containing a blu ray player for about the same price as the 2 separates listed above so is the Sony player a better option or should I keep it all Yamaha http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-YHT298BL-Home-Theatre-Package/dp/B0089DJ3AS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1365110231&sr=8-4&keywords=yamaha+home+cinema
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may need a trip to Specsavers but I can't see any mention of a Blu-Ray player (or any other form of player) in that link. All I can see is another Yamaha AV receiver and speaker package.
    Forum Member
    i think you might be right there i'll have to look through my history to see where i saw it
    Forum Member
    i nipped through to richer sounds in Edinburgh yesterday and bought the Yamaha yht 196 and the Sony blu ray player after much hunting through the loft to find 2 hdmi cables im in the process of hooking it up, not enough speaker cable either but will let you know how it sounds