Government Policies Leading To This?

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »

this is not a political story. and is nothing to do with government policy.

You'd blame the weather on the Tories if you could.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who knows.

You don't need to have a particular motive to carry a knife. I'd rather wait until more facts emerge but I suspect given the misinformation that is churned out by the British press it'll be spun so that the guy was a immigrant benefits scrounger suffering from a disability etc.

The headline from The Scum tomorrow will be:

Leftie Benefit Scrounging Immigrant Targets Dear Leader At No. 10.
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And in other news the price of straws is set to rise :D
  • ExiledchillerExiledchiller Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm with you I blame the tories too
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

FGS.

Which government gave the approval for the UK police to test the use of tasers, then authorised the use of tasers and then further authorised the use of high-powered tasers ?

I'll give you a clue: it wasn't the Tories.
    Forum Member

please explain how this is the tories fault.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »

Who do you blame - Labour? No you can't blame the previous, as the Tories have had over 2 years to balance the books. All Governments borrow, but this Government seems to borrowing more and cutting very fine, which is beginning to shine.
    Forum Member
    Who do you blame - Labour? No you can't blame the previous, as the Tories have had over 2 years to balance the books. All Governments borrow, but this Government seems to borrowing more and cutting very fine, which is beginning to shine.

did you link to the wrong story?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Would explain a lot wouldn't it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was a joke believe it or not

But seriously though you do have to wonder if the tories weren't behind it somehow
    Forum Member
    It was a joke believe it or not

But seriously though you do have to wonder if the tories weren't behind it somehow

i do not believe it was a joke no.

it was the 'but seriously though...' bit that made me think that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just answering your question. People can be driven to do stupid things. Even though we don't know why he did this, why do it outside Downing Street. All answers lead to problems some are having with the country we live in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just answering your question. People can be driven to do stupid things. Even though we don't know why he did this, why do it outside Downing Street. All answers lead to problems some are having with the country we live in.

Please stop it...you are driving up the price of straws for everyone else :D
    Forum Member

oh my god you are actually serious. i thought it was a joke, or you had linked to the wrong news story.

crazy people with knives get tasered all the time. even under labour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please stop it...you are driving up the price of straws for everyone else :D

Steal some from a bar. Oh we shouldn't do that or price of beer will increase.Oh,he is trying to at N10. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh my god you are actually serious. i thought it was a joke, or you had linked to the wrong news story.

Serious and non serious. ;) We have to see why the man did it. It does open a debate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

8600 from 2004 to 2010 according to the Home Office figures :)
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nah walking round central London shouting like a loony while carrying a knife leads to that.
    Serious and non serious. ;) We have to see why the man did it. It does open a debate.

What reason do you suggest would make it acceptable to carry a knife in public whilst either off your face or mentally Ill?

Are you suggesting a Labour government would make this permissible? :eek:
    Forum Member

far more interesting for political discourse is that you blame the tories for this. if labour were in power you doubtless wouldn't have blamed them....

your whole perspective would have been different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like your cutting fine beginning to shine line

Oh b&&&&&s I take it back it wasn't a joke i'm with you and blame the tories and ian duncan smith
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah walking round central London shouting like a loony while carrying a knife leads to that.

What reason do you suggest would make it acceptable to carry a knife in public whilst either off your face or mentally Ill?

Are you suggesting a Labour government would make this permissible? :eek:

Know one should go around carrying knifes etc etc. Obviously this person had some mental problems or worries which led him to do this.
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you expecting any logic here?
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Know one should go around carrying knifes etc etc. Obviously this person had some mental problems or worries which led him to do this.

Or maybe he's just one of the many psycho's that go around our city centres stabbing people every Saturday night. The fact that some would wish to legitimise this behaviour in the name of petty tribal politics is actually quite chilling.

My wife got mugged at knifepoint in 2008 (In central London as it happens) Were Labour to blame for that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or maybe he's just one of the many psycho's that go around our city centres stabbing people every Saturday night. The fact that some would wish to legitimise this behaviour in the name of petty tribal politics is actually quite chilling.

My wife got mugged at knifepoint in 2008 (In central London as it happens) Were Labour to blame for that?

All crimes dropped during Labour term. It still didn't stop psychos jumping out of windows of mental institutes.
    Forum Member
    All crimes dropped during Labour term. It still didn't stop psychos jumping out of windows of mental institutes.

trying to add some rationalisation for your party political approach to this is odd.