"My Stomach muscles are too strong" Imogen Thomas

bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
Forum Member
✭✭
Shes booked in for a c section this week because her baby is breech and doctors say her stomach muscles are too strong. So the baby will not be able to turn.

Ive never herd of this before, sounds like rubbish and she's just too posh to push.

I feel sorry for this child its going to be pimped out every time she needs to get her fizhog back in the paper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2273190/Imogen-Thomas-shows-huge-bump-prepares-welcome-baby-world.html#axzz2JgXfhYuE

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    She's certainly not posh... far from it. lol
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My daughter was a breech and she's expecting her baby this week.

When she was born back in 1973 caesarians weren't automatically given for breech presentations, but these days they are, so not a case of being too posh to push at all.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another 'Dolly' for the tabloids. Poor kid.
  • rachelgatarachelgata Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair to her this sounds like a valid medical reason for a c-section.

Many babies can be turned in the womb but not all, and sections are commonplace for breech presentation.

There may be many reasons to have a go at Imogen but I don't think this is one of them ;)
  • Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Shes booked in for a c section this week because her baby is breech and doctors say her stomach muscles are too strong. So the baby will not be able to turn.]

No according to the Daily Mail her baby is "breached." :confused: Dear god, what a bunch of idiots they are.

As for Imogen, it's possible. They might have assessed her for ECV and decided it wasn't worth doing, uterine tone can have an effect on its success. Some women have ridiculously tight stomach muscles, with ECV you have to have a muscle relaxant, and if you've got tight muscles it a.) is less likely to work and b.) would be potentially very uncomfortable for her.

First time mothers with a breech presentation would be recommended to have a c-section. She could have said no and tried to do it vaginally but she would have met with a lot of opposition. Shame really.

So I can't have a go at her for this but I bet she'll be posting pictures of herself on twitter in a bikini 2 days after the birth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have though that her "lady doors" would have been as loose and baggy as Gene Autry's saddle bags with the "celebrity" workouts they've had. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel so sorry for that kid! His/her's entire life will be the property of the Daily Mail website! :(

Added with the countless stories of how about Imogen is suffering from depression because she cant shift the baby weight! :sleep:
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MEW TOWN wrote: »
    I would have though that her "lady doors" would have been as loose and baggy as Gene Autry's saddle bags with the "celebrity" workouts they've had. :D

:D:D:D:D:D Think I dislodged a rib giggling at this !
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member

That's a really wrong image, but amusing lol.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I shouldn't - but:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek:
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    <snip>
    So I can't have a go at her for this but I bet she'll be posting pictures of herself on twitter in a bikini 2 days after the birth.

More than likely we'll be getting pics from the hospital bed mere hours after the birth.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D:eek:brilliant, I cant stop giggling:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Please dont use the phrase "too posh to push"
    Caesarian is a major operation
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Please dont use the phrase "too posh to push"
    Caesarian is a major operation

Not arguing, but some women do have them done out of choice rather than for any medical reason. I think the NHS have tried to crack down on that though. Dunno about private hospitals.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    It is pretty standard now to have a CS for a breech baby. Not really newsworthy but as others have said no cause for criticism either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Not arguing, but some women do have them done out of choice rather than for any medical reason. I think the NHS have tried to crack down on that though. Dunno about private hospitals.

Its also more expensive from NHS point of view, but I suppose if theyre "posh" they wont be using NHS hospital. I hate that phrase
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Shes booked in for a c section this week because her baby is breech and doctors say her stomach muscles are too strong. So the baby will not be able to turn.

Ive never herd of this before, sounds like rubbish and she's just too posh to push.

I feel sorry for this child its going to be pimped out every time she needs to get her fizhog back in the paper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2273190/Imogen-Thomas-shows-huge-bump-prepares-welcome-baby-world.html#axzz2JgXfhYuE

I can't stand Imogen Thomas, but I don't think the strong stomach muscles was a lie.

I was told the same thing whilst pregnant, so whether she is lying or not, it is far from rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    She irks me but if she needs a c section then it's fair enough
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand Imogen Thomas, but I don't think the strong stomach muscles was a lie.

I was told the same thing whilst pregnant, so whether she is lying or not, it is far from rubbish.

The lady who ran my NCT group said she encountered a ballet dancer whom had such tight stomach muscles that she would never be able to give birth normally so she ended up having a C-section. She also said 'fight tooth and nail against induction' I was induced because I had diabetes - baby was not ready to come out and I ended up having an epideral and a C-section. It wasn't what I wanted but at the end of the day my daughter is now fine which is what happened.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok did anyone else notice she lubed up her belly to take that photo its all shiney
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C sections are pretty standard for breech births these days.
  • nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »

Believe me, the NHS insist on medical reasons rather than personal choice when it comes to c-sections.

A c-section is a major operation and I think it unlikely there will be photos just hours after the birth as she'll be in recovery and physically unable to get out of bed for 24 hrs.

I understand the general dislike for Imogen, but it's sad to read some of the posts on here implying that a c-section is some kind of easy option.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    The lady who ran my NCT group said she encountered a ballet dancer whom had such tight stomach muscles that she would never be able to give birth normally so she ended up having a C-section. She also said 'fight tooth and nail against induction' I was induced because I had diabetes - baby was not ready to come out and I ended up having an epideral and a C-section. It wasn't what I wanted but at the end of the day my daughter is now fine which is what happened.

Glad your daughter is ok :-)

I also had a C-section, but nothing to do with my supposedly strong stomach muscles. I had an emergency one whilst unconscious as my son had got his cord wrapped round his neck.
    As others have said, it is a major operation. I've not given birth naturally or even had contractions, so I'm not making a comparison between the two, but the idea that some people have that a section is easy, is not true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad your daughter is ok :-)

I also had a C-section, but nothing to do with my supposedly strong stomach muscles. I had an emergency one whilst unconscious as my son had got his cord wrapped round his neck.
    As others have said, it is a major operation. I've not given birth naturally or even had contractions, so I'm not making a comparison between the two, but the idea that some people have that a section is easy, is not true.

I have friends who have had both and would take a vaginal birth over a c-section any day!

I have had two SVD's and abdominal surgery (unrelated to giving birth) but I can vouch that giving birth was easier to recover from. I too hate the phrase 'too posh to push'. I would bet those that use it haven't had a c-section.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who thinks a c-section is the easy option has never had major abdominal surgery. It's a struggle to do anything for days and weeks afterwards, and I'm only talking about getting yourself out of bed to go to the bathroom and get back into bed. Absolutely exhausting - you don't realise how much you need your abs to move about until you can't use them. I can't even imagine having a baby to look after as well as recovering from surgery.