Connecting speakers to Xbox 360

pault2006pault2006 Posts: 7,878
Forum Member
I've just set up my Xbox 360 but I need to add some speakers to it.

I've got these speakers (currently with my PC) - http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=28&product=10458

Is it possible to connect them to my Xbox or will I need to buy an adapter?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no you cant connect them unless you have an amplifier of some sort and connect the xbox to it and the speakers to it also. If you have a new tv, there maybe a port on there, in the headphone jack maybe? The only option really though is an amplifier.
  • RolnikovRolnikov Posts: 967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't you just connect the Xbox red and white leads to it, from the composite cable?

You'd just need the adaptor or two to connect the audio leads to the jack - Maplin should have those.
  • MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    Well Im thinking of buying a vga cable and bringing my 360 into work. There are tons of spare TFTs but I was was worried about getting the sound through. Ive found one of the converters mentioned here

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1218&criteria=phono%20to%20jack&doy=13m4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would do the trick, and two thumbs up for taking the 360 to work ;)
  • pault2006pault2006 Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    My TV hasn't got a stereo socket, so would I need to get a new TV in order to be able to use external speakers?

It's a 14" CRT TV. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol i wouldnt buy a new tv just to play them speakers on it. I got my tv hooked up to my hi-fi system so i get 5.1 surround sound plus tv speakers as a middle set of speakers too. This is a cheaper and easier way of getting good sound and recomend it. You only need a hifi with auxilary input on it, and then a phono cable. You should be able to do it as i used to have an old Alba tv set up this way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rolnikov wrote:
    Couldn't you just connect the Xbox red and white leads to it, from the composite cable?

You'd just need the adaptor or two to connect the audio leads to the jack - Maplin should have those.
    thats the way i did it :)