Advice on which TV to buy.

Hello, I need some advice on which tv to buy.

I am only using 2 HDMI ports at the moment, so 2 is enough but it is obviously better to have more to future proof myself.

I have no need for 3D so it won't be used on the more expensive set. I prefer the design of the more expensive set but I have read by some reviewers that the blacks are not as dark as the cheaper one.

The TV will be used for the Xbox and Sky at the moment. I don't like 3D at all so as long as having it won't affect the non 3D picture quality that's fine.

Anyway, enough rambling, which TV is better?

http://www.johnlewis.com/sony-bravia-kdl42w653-led-hd-1080p-smart-tv-42-with-freeview-hd-black/p454747

http://www.johnlewis.com/sony-bravia-kdl42w805-led-hd-1080p-3d-smart-tv-42-nfc-with-freeview-hd/p454379

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,338
    Forum Member
    The second one is 400Hz rather than 200Hz, and has twice as many HDMI sockets - so seems a better set.

3D makes no difference, just don't use it if you don't want it.
  • Train PosterTrain Poster Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Brilliant but does it appear as of the 699.99 set will have a worse picture quality from looking at the specification?
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant but does it appear as of the 699.99 set will have a worse picture quality from looking at the specification?
    The specs will tell you next to sod all about the image quality. :) Or at least the extremely limited specs on the John Lewis website anyway.

The only real way to determine which has the best picture is to view them. Preferably with the same source and in the same lighting conditions. And being able to tweak the settings as who knows how badly set up they might be! :eek::D
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,338
    Forum Member

No, the exact opposite, it's a higher spec set.