Runescape 3

cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Due for release this summer and coverting from Java to HTML5.

Jagex would have been better off releasing a proper .exe version. I might have been swayed to go back then.

Comments

• LackadaisicalLackadaisical Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Runescape :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I haven't played RuneScape since 2008 but I'm very tempted to give the recently released 'Old-School' version a go. The big HD update back in '08 completely put me off the game :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are releasing a game client to go with the release :)

This is pretty new territory that they are heading into as rs3 will apparently utilize wasd movement and agility is being completely overhauled. I thought as soon as the old school servers came back everyone would remain playing old school but with two new skills due this year and rs3, this could be a huge year for runescape. On paper it seems promising, will just need to wait and see how it actually pans out though :)
  • Nikki E.Nikki E. Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new HD update on RS looks really good.

Personally, I am very excited for the two new skills to be released this year. :cool:

Must say; I've not played the 'Old School' servers yet(!); must get round to that soon.

The past year; I've really gotten back into playing RS. I feel Runescape has greatly improved since the Evolution of Combat.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not played in years. I burned out grinding 99 slayer.

My main issue with the game was it was practically impossible to level some skills (runecrafting, mining, agilty) without going insane with boredom. Jagex then threw in so many distractions and diversions that I seemed to spend all my time "catching up".

The changes look good though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agility was alright - I liked the Brimhaven arena.

Not played in a very long time.

You're right though. Runecrafting, Summoning, Slayer. All way too slow.

Smithing was a pain too, but major profits to be made so kind of made up for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jagex have made changes to the skills which were hard to train - such as summoning, crafting, slayer, and runecrafting - since the EoC. Those skills are now easier to level since the addition of new buildings and areas dedicated to training those particular skills.

Jagex have also got rid of random events; so, less distractions!

EtA: Apparently the agility skill is also undergoing a major change later on this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new image for Runescape 3 - along with the caption "A sign of things to come..." - was posted to the official Facebook page earlier this week.:cool:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151882856806729&set=a.450339386728.221054.59261801728&type=1&theater
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried replaying this game and it's simply awful :O

The combat system is plain boring with constant clicking being necessary for better xp rates. (This isn't the abilities, it's just the quickness of which monsters now die and so a new one needs clicked on).

The community has disappeared - there's barely anyone playing or those that do, simply don't like talking.

Many of the skills lack purpose and yet the updates over the years simply offer ways to gain experience in them. The experience gain isn't the problem; it's giving the players a reason to train that is the problem.

There's a lot to be done to this game, it's in dire need of fixing at the moment :s
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Die too quick? Are you sure you aren't just slicing up goblins in Lumbridge? Which would also account for the lack of players around you...
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Runescape still feels like a budget MMO. Quite why they went with HTML5 is beyond me, offer it an option yes, but in this day and age at least offer a client download as well.

With most MMO's going free to play, and looking a hell of a lot smarter than Runescape, I can't see HTML5 making that much of a difference.