Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Have you met her? Just curious :)

Yes. So has my mum, as a close relative is friends with her. Hope that's enough.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Yes. So has my mum, as a close relative is friends with her. Hope that's enough.

Yep, ta!
  • muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone met Anna Friel... what's she like?
  • LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Noel Edmonds is horrible in real life. He opened the Co Op in Workington in the seventies, looking totally bored, then when kids approached him for autographs, he told his heavies to " get these awful people away from me" and stormed off. Also a friend approached him for an autograph outside the BBC and he told him to sod off.

Ooooh no! I went to see Deal or No Deal filmed in Bristol and when the cameras weren't rolling he came and sat and chatted to us all off his own back and he couldn't have been more charming. Very funny too. Quite a lot of my friends have met him over the years and say he's really nice as well.

I was on a TV show with Carol Vorderman in the 90's and she was lovely even when surrounded with hormonal teenagers. Couldn't have been nicer.

So my most awesome celeb moment. I went to my father's house to see to the dog and little did I know my stepmother's best mate who used to work as some sort of PA to stars in the 60's and 70's (my stepmum was engaged to Bobby Ball *ugh*) was already there dropping some clothes off. So I walked in through the back door, headphones on blaring, when who do I see sitting at the table having a pot of tea? Only Dusty Springfield! I actually dropped my Walkman (showing my age) I was so shocked. I knew she'd worked for her and heard some stories :o but I didn't know she was passing through. Apparently she was doing some show near where we live. She was sooooo lovely. I did remember in my slight OMG!!!!! moment that she was actually named Mary and that's what she preferred when you were her friend.

I've dined out on that story for years.....
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Loon wrote: »
    Ooooh no! I went to see Deal or No Deal filmed in Bristol and when the cameras weren't rolling he came and sat and chatted to us all off his own back and he couldn't have been more charming. Very funny too. Quite a lot of my friends have met him over the years and say he's really nice as well.

I was on a TV show with Carol Vorderman in the 90's and she was lovely even when surrounded with hormonal teenagers. Couldn't have been nicer.

So my most awesome celeb moment. I went to my father's house to see to the dog and little did I know my stepmother's best mate who used to work as some sort of PA to stars in the 60's and 70's (my stepmum was engaged to Bobby Ball *ugh*) was already there dropping some clothes off. So I walked in through the back door, headphones on blaring, when who do I see sitting at the table having a pot of tea? Only Dusty Springfield! I actually dropped my Walkman (showing my age) I was so shocked. I knew she'd worked for her and heard some stories :o but I didn't know she was passing through. Apparently she was doing some show near where we live. She was sooooo lovely. I did remember in my slight OMG!!!!! moment that she was actually named Mary and that's what she preferred when you were her friend.

I've dined out on that story for years.....

:eek:I am so very envious of you. I have loved Dusty since I was about six years old.
  • LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You wouldn't have been disappointed. Lovely woman, wicked humour. It was odd cos on the way over I'd been listening to that song she did with the Pet Shop Boys and that it's one of the few songs I always saw the video in my head when I heard it. I remember her saying all she recalled of that shoot was how freezing she was the whole time. I also made her laugh by asking if she'd sued Sam Fox for covering I Only Want To Be With You (oh the humanity).

I probably have other celebs to add but seeing to a sick child so will have to post later. Though my daughter's dad recalls delivering something to Louise Redknapp in Dublin years ago and saying she was adorable and literally jaw droppingly beautiful. Cameras do not do justice. And he's from Dublin and never speechless!
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite topical I guess but I live and work in Manchester and have had the misfortune to bump into Antony Cotton on a few occasions. I can whole-heartedly agree with what everyone says about him being a nasty piece of work.

The first time I encountered him was about three years ago near Christmas. He was on Canal St with Lisa Reilly. I noticed her before I realised she was with him because she was slightly drunk and knocked into me, I turned to see who it was and upon realising it was her sort of did a double take and probably looked a bit shocked. Without me saying anything she laughed and said 'Yes, it's me' so I laughed back at her and said something like it was ok, don't worry about it and was about to say have a nice Christmas when AC pulled her by the arm and sneered at me 'Oh, it's like he's never seen somebody famous before.' Lisa just sort of pulled a face at me as if to say, sorry about him and then we both walked away.

The second time I saw him was in a department store and I'd just finished paying for some stuff when he came up and piled loads of clothes on the cash desk and barked at the woman 'Can I just pay for these and go, I'm in a rush'.

The third time was last December just before Corrie's 50th anniversary and he was walking down Deansgate in Manchester wearing glasses. A few people still noticed him and a woman approached him to speak to him and he just put his hand up, said sternly 'NO!' and carried on walking. Me and my friend were in hysterics, because by that point it was a running joke that he was a bit of a c**t and that just proved it.

I also know a friend of a friend (yeah, I know...) who works at Granada and AC is well-known for his behaviour. There was a point, not sure if it still stands, where a long-running member of the cast refused to have any scenes with him because they could't stand him.

My girlfriend and her mate met ^^ when he was opening a beauty salon. They were having their hair done and he came over to talk to them and he was OK and friendly and didn't camp it up from what they said.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    realwales wrote: »
    I've had some great laughs with Steve Davis. He can be a bit arrogant and doesn't tend to give people too much of his time if there are a lot of people waiting to see him, but to describe him as 'horrible' is not consistent with my experiences. He can be very, very funny.

I heard a story about him from about 30 years ago now it will be, from my gf's dad. He worked in a bank and they had a bank party at a hotel in Sheffield and a load of snooker players were in. One of the female bank workers got chatting to Steve Davis at the bar and asked him what he did in the bank. (That's how interesting he must have been)
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the female bank workers got chatting to Steve Davis at the bar and asked him what he did in the bank. (That's how interesting he must have been)

She might just not have had had an interest in snooker generally, and if so, might not have known any snooker players faces.
  • sam.hall13sam.hall13 Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Laura P wrote: »
    It's amusing that Cilla and Lulu appear to be universally despised. Cilla has always come off as a phony to me and I've always disliked Lula, who always seems to be far too pleased with herself while looking down her nose at everyone/everything else.

Lulu is as nasty as people say, my uncle knew her quite well and has nothing but hate for her, home wrecking *****.

Noel Edmonds is creepy, met him at a fete when Mr Blobby was the height of good entertainment:eek:

If he could he would shag himself.:D
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Loon wrote: »

Ive noticed in prrevious similar threads to this one, that there were some bad stories about him from back in his height of fame days but all the stories about him from the last decade or so seem very positive. I guess people can change, and he went through a down period in his life which might have made him think about his attitude towards others. I used to live in bristol and i only heard good stuff about him there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Patricia Routledge is famously foul. I've found she's a bit better if she has a glass in her hand ...

In response to the previous message: I thought Gordon brown was charming, when I met him. His wife was most odd, though.

oh no! im so disapointed, i imagined her to be very cheery and she's from Birkenhead too!
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Caroline Flack - utterly vile up her own arse cowbag. Only got where she is (which to be fair, isn't very far) by knobbin' blokes in bands.

Don't you like her then?
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When my ex-husband's dad was alive he told me that his doctor had lived in Glasgow where he had a surgery. He knew Lulu and didn't like her at all.
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Josh Freese is a thoroughly decent bloke. Gerald V. Casale not so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    When I worked in a shop a good few years ago Liz McClarnon (Atomic Kitten) and Lee Ryan (Blue) can in when they were together to buy a few hundred pounds worth of clothes.
    When they came to pay Lee Ryan handed me his gold card which he hadn't signed the back of so I had to ask him for id and he showed me his driving licence.
    They both seemed very down to earth and pleasant not at all like what the media reported him as.

Ricky Tomlinson on the other hand is exactly like 'Jim Royle' in real life no airs and graces and wants everything at the cheapest price and falls out with mates when they won't do him discount
    Forum Member
    moonbaby wrote: »
    I have not really met any celebrities myself apart from local radio djs and stuff who will mean nothing to most people but friends and family have met the following celebrities and this is what they thought of them:

Nice:
    David Beckham
    Sir Alex Fergusson (this came from my dad who is a Liverpool fan so he must be a genuinly nice man)
    Steven Gerrard
    Wayne Rooney
    John Mills (grandparents met him many years ago and said he was very down to earth and not at all stuck up spoke to everyone)

Not Nice
    Yvette Fielding. Apparently she is a bit of a cow to work for on Most Haunted. Why do you think the other people on the show don't stick around very long? Allegedly she got rid of Derek Acorah not because he was a fake but because she thought he was becoming the star of the show- Derek on the other hand is meant to be a nice man.

Any more stories like this?

Yve... who? who she??
    Forum Member
    Don't you like her then?

HI theresa,
    Still laughing at your comment.;)

jemjem
    Forum Member
    stash22 wrote: »
    Ive noticed in prrevious similar threads to this one, that there were some bad stories about him from back in his height of fame days but all the stories about him from the last decade or so seem very positive. I guess people can change, and he went through a down period in his life which might have made him think about his attitude towards others. I used to live in bristol and i only heard good stuff about him there.

.who are you talking about??
    frustrated jemjem
    Forum Member
    Lamaestra wrote: »
    Fair point, mate, but I can assure you I've really met those I said I had and I hope to meet Tomas Ledin again soon when I see him live! He's such a lovely, sweet person.

I never heard of him/her :rolleyes: I really mustwatch more tv!

jemjem
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ive met
    Cathy Hopkins Auther of the Mates Dates... series she Looked like she couldnt be bothered to be there at a Book signing she was paid to do,Came to my school for a Book signing

Rob Smith-South east today Presenter he was lovely signed my 2 BBC south east cards chatted to me and my mum for 15 minutes, met him when he and the other presenters was doing a Live Broadcast from my Town

My mum has met John Altman-Nick Cotton EastEnders he was nice and held the door open for her he Lives in out town so we used to see him alot
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,206
    Forum Member
    I heard a story about him from about 30 years ago now it will be, from my gf's dad. He worked in a bank and they had a bank party at a hotel in Sheffield and a load of snooker players were in. One of the female bank workers got chatting to Steve Davis at the bar and asked him what he did in the bank. (That's how interesting he must have been)

Having encountered Steve at tournaments I can tell you he is one of the most unassuming people you can meet, he is just very quiet and private = what you would call a reluctant celeb
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Rolf Harris had time for everyone and quite an eye for the ladeez. :)
    Nick Knowles is extremely up himself and arrogant, chauvenistic(sp) and insular.
    Julian Clary is mean, sulky and didn't speak to anyone.
  • LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jemjem321 wrote: »
    I never heard of him/her :rolleyes: I really mustwatch more tv!

jemjem

He's Sweden's top male vocalist, Jem, a former Abba backing vocalist and came 10th in the 1980 Eurovision Song Contest. He's a fortnight off 60, still gorgeous, talented and very polite, friendly and decent.
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my mate has meet the actresses who played Clare and Sarah of Hollyoaks and they seemed quite nice