Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Had the misfortune to eat within earshot of this harridan who loves to play the 'do you know who i am' card. Nasty and spiteful to her server and if you dared to look in her direction it was daggers. Still don't know till this day how she was able to scream for ten minutes about the soup.

Just remembered i was in the same store as Shona McClarty and Mat Lipsuckass (they play Whitney/Goon brother in Easties),McClarty has a foul mouth and BO that could floor an elephant, Mr Lipsuckass is defo a friend of Dotty and he is NOT fooling anyone with the pretend loved up nonsense.

she does look dirty- and not in a good way.
  • FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had a food stall in a charity event opened by Christopher Biggins who came and ate vast quantities of our wares,didnt pay and instead promised us free tickets for the Panto he was in the following night.We got dressed up and went to the ticket office who told us that biggins had not left any tickets for us :(
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me just put in another good word for Derren Brown. He seems to regard signing autographs, chatting and posing for photographs after his shows as an intergral part of the evening ( and his Twitter feed is hilarious!).
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsgoose wrote: »
    I used to work for an airline 10 years ago and met quite a few.

Nicest was Liam Gallagher, really lovely guy who chatted away, drunkest were Westlife and my worst was Lulu...ugh she was just awful, completely up her own arse and tried to get access to business class lounge with an economy ticket. I sent her packing ! She tried the old classic " do you know who i am ? " and i said " no but i know thats an economy ticket so you cant have access to the lounge "

I have some sympathy with celebs who are pestered endlessly for their autograph or to have a photo taken with them. However, they have the money to be able to afford First Class or Business Class travel and thus be able to escape a lot of the attention they would get in Economy. Why, then, do they buy an Economy ticket with the expectation they will receive a complimentary upgrade?
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firewalker wrote: »
    We had a food stall in a charity event opened by Christopher Biggins who came and ate vast quantities of our wares,didnt pay and instead promised us free tickets for the Panto he was in the following night.We got dressed up and went to the ticket office who told us that biggins had not left any tickets for us :(

I've never been fooled by him :(
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike1948 wrote: »
    I have some sympathy with celebs who are pestered endlessly for their autograph or to have a photo taken with them. However, they have the money to be able to afford First Class or Business Class travel and thus be able to escape a lot of the attention they would get in Economy. Why, then, do they buy an Economy ticket with the expectation they will receive a complimentary upgrade?

Arrogance, obviously. Unfortunately, alot of celebrities do think they automatically qualify for freebies and discounts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin Spacey- arrogant and has delusions of grandeur
    Duke of Wesminster- Lovely, very down to earth, unassuming
    Adam Garcia- Really sweet and down to earth
  • koshernostrakoshernostra Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to take a few minutes out to think.

Nice

Denzel Washington
    Halle Berry
    Larry Hagman
    Cher
    Daryl Hannah
    Mohamed Ali
    Donna Summer
    Sandra Bullock (awesome woman)
    Mathew Macounegy
    Lance Armstong and family (years ago as they were having meal in Texas restaurant. I waved and said hello...they waved back)
    Sting
    Mick Jagger
    Eddie Van Halen
    Tina Marie
    Tom Petty
    Ice T
    Kim and Kourtney Kardashian (when they were much younger and before they were famous)
    Ryan Gosling (met he and some of the crew while they were filming The Note Book in South Carolina)
    Billy Connolly and Pamela Stephenson
    Anita Baker
    Lionel Ritchie
    Paula Abdul
    Heather Locklear
    Paul Weller
    3 of the female Manson killer (not celebs but notorious killers...was locked up with them for 9 months)

Pricks/douches

Chuck Norris (I worked for him)
    Don Simpson (Hollywood Producer Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop, The Rock)
    Delay Thompson
    Eddie Murphy
    Hank Williams Jnr
    Jessica Simpson (but I think she was having a bad day)

There are loads more
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice:
    Jennifer Tilly (A lovely woman)
    Cat Deeley (Friendly, charming and hilarious)
    Jo Wiley (Really sweet and lovely)
    David Baddiel
    Gael Garcia Bernal
    Grant from Feeder
    Sophie Ellis Bextor
    S Club 7
    Coldplay
    Graham Norton
    Helena Bonham Carter
    Sacha Baron Cohen
    Samanda (if they count)
    David and Victoria Beckham (she was lovely, he seemed quite shy)

Meh:
    Louis Walsh
    Courtney Love (snogged me in a gay club)

Rude:
    Ben Elton
    Anthony Cotton
    Sadie Frost
    Nicky Clarke (one of the most rude people I have ever met)

Will add more if I remember any others.
  • clareiowclareiow Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Nice

Sergio pizzorno from kasabian - awesome bloke. Working for regional press at the IW festival and kasabian were the only headliner doing interviews for smaller press. He broke off from talking to radio 1 to talk to me, still my favourite interview!

Also nice from the IW festival - Keisha from the sugababes, Donovan, Arno carstens, paolo nutini and KT tunstall.

Can also say cricket legend mike getting is very nice, and mick hucknall too, although he totally threw me by asking me lots of questions about the isle of wight, and I was not prepared at all!!!

Ive met some pretty egotistical celebs as well, but given I work in media I'd rather not say!!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rude:
    Ben Elton
    Anthony Cotton
    Sadie Frost
    Nicky Clarke (one of the most rude people I have ever met)

Seems to be a popular name in the dislikes in this thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Seems to be a popular name in the dislikes in this thread.

It was just after Queer as Folk so he wasn't even a household name. I met Graham at the same event (it was an Aids awareness campaign/fundraiser) and he was by far the bigger name and so much nicer.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Rude:
    Ben Elton

Surprises me, somehow. Despite his aggressive stage persona, he always seems pleasant when interviewed as himself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the people in my rude list I met only once so there is a chance they were having an off day. But they weren't people I had approached for autographs and the like so I wasn't pestering them.
  • brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    ikkleosu wrote: »
    Sadly my tales are all of Z listers.

I've only met a couple of celebs and they were lovely:
    Jeff Green
    Mike Smith
    Phillip Schofield
    Carol Decker (so nice and chatty)
    Cameron Stout (BB4) (I know he's pretty much resoundly hated but when I met him he was so different to how he appeared on Tv. He was handsome, with bags of charisma and so so nice and easy with everyone.)

My Ex used to work with celebs a lot and said the nicest EVER was Jason Donovan. He is a lovely guy who takes time to genuinly talk to people.

He hated (and nosurprises here) Abs (F5ve) and worst of all was Sam Fox who was a rude cow and a diva.

Really, Jason Donovan? When I met him, he seemed to be a right c**t , I said hi to him at this theatre show and he completely blanked me and my girlfriend(at the time).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nice

Denzel Washington
    Halle Berry
    Larry Hagman
    Cher
    Daryl Hannah
    Mohamed Ali
    Donna Summer
    Mathew Macounegy
    Lance Armstong and family (years ago as they were having meal in Texas restaurant. I waved and said hello...they waved back)
    Sting
    Mick Jagger
    Eddie Van Halen
    Tina Marie
    Tom Petty
    Ice T
    Kim and Kourtney Kardashian (when they were much younger and before they were famous)
    Ryan Gosling (met he and some of the crew while they were filming The Note Book in South Carolina)
    Anita Baker
    Lionel Ritchie
    Paula Abdul
    Heather Locklear
    Paul Weller
    3 of the female Manson killer (not celebs but notorious killers...was locked up with them for 9 months)

Pricks/douches

Delay Thompson
    Eddie Murphy
    Hank Williams Jnr

There are loads more

They were NICE?:eek:
  • koshernostrakoshernostra Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    They were NICE?:eek:

Yup, and I hope they are released at some point. Too late for Susan Atkins who died a few years ago.
  • FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine was a dresser at Yorkshire tv many years ago and she said the worst person she ever worked with was Miriam Stoppard....she had a show where she gave advice to people on sensitive emotional matters and she would look and act all caring and sympathetic but as soon as the camera was off she treated everyone like dirt.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member

Nice

Denzel Washington
    Halle Berry
    Larry Hagman
    Cher
    Daryl Hannah
    Mohamed Ali
    Donna Summer
    Mathew Macounegy
    Sting
    Mick Jagger
    Eddie Van Halen
    Tina Marie
    Tom Petty
    Ice T
    Anita Baker
    Lionel Ritchie
    Paula Abdul
    Heather Locklear
    Paul Weller

Pricks/douches

Delay Thompson
    Eddie Murphy
    Hank Williams Jnr

There are loads more

Didn't they murder 7 people in a 2 day killing spree? Yep, they sound lovely people. I'd like them to be my neighbours in fact.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    brettriot wrote: »
    Really, Jason Donovan? When I met him, he seemed to be a right c**t , I said hi to him at this theatre show and he completely blanked me and my girlfriend(at the time).

Maybe he didn't hear your "hi's"? I wouldn't call someone a c*nt just because they don't reply to me when I say hi. Did he do something else as well?
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at the BAFTA Red Carpet, those who I don't mention were nice, the following ignored people

Jennifer Saunders (w/ Are Edmondson) Jennifer was getting called over, she looked and carried on walking

Same goes for Alan Sugar and Harry Hill
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol at the person on the previous page saying convicted murderers were nice
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just cos someone ignores you or wont sign an autograph/do a picture doesnt make them a bastard! :rolleyes:

How can a fleeting encouter tell you ANYTHING of any value about a person?? If you've known them personally or worked with them then fine, you probably have some knowledge of what they're like. A 5 second encouter tells you NOTHING!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nice

Denzel Washington
    Halle Berry
    Larry Hagman
    Cher
    Daryl Hannah
    Mohamed Ali
    Donna Summer
    Mathew Macounegy
    Sting
    Mick Jagger
    Eddie Van Halen
    Tina Marie
    Tom Petty
    Ice T
    Anita Baker
    Lionel Ritchie
    Paula Abdul
    Heather Locklear
    Paul Weller

Pricks/douches

Delay Thompson
    Eddie Murphy
    Hank Williams Jnr

There are loads more

wow, you've met a lot!

How did you meet Tom Petty?
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's strange but I have never heard one single report of anyone having a good thing to say about Eddie Murphy, ever.

There must be something.