LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
Forum Member
✭✭✭
... What's the smallest amount you've ever got for a trade in ? Or the most

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most was for my PS3 40gb it had been repaired once in 3 years but was on its last legs, Blockbuster gave me £100 against a new 120gb slim. Gameswise I traded MW3 about a week after release and got £35 at CEX, the smallest amount was about £2 for hitman 2 with no instuctions.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of quid for an Xbox copy of Morrowind, this was at the very beginning of the current gen. I think the most was when I got about £170 for my Gamecube and some games when trading in against an Xbox. mind you, that was when Gamestation used to give great trade in prices.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    was offered 50p for a kinect game didnt take it,

most i have got was about £120 for a PSP plus a couple of games and memory card
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was offered £2 for Tomb Raider Underworld on the PS3. I didn't take it, to be honest I loved the game I just had the HD Trilogy collection so I didn't need it anymore, but considering how many ways in which Tomb Raider Underworld has been given away / discounted over the past few years I'm not surprised the trade-in value was so low.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found some old PS2 games I'd never use again and got only 20p for pro evo I think it was.

Before xmas 2011 HMV were giving £35 for new releases up to about 2 weeks old so I bought a game, completed it then traded it for the next one about 5/6 times.
  • mach2001mach2001 Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    I got offered a pound for mass effect 2 Didn't think it was worth it and the most was £120 for my old grey xbox traded in for a bluray and 10 films as i had already bought a new slim one.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    20 cent for an old fifa game. I think it could have been 08 and I would have traded it in 2010. Thats the lowest.

The highest was £30 for Arkham City but that wasn't that long after I bought it. Loved the game but completed it fairly quickly and I wanted Skyrim so I traded.

(I don't trade very often tho. My catalogue of games is huge.)
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't do trade ins but I did once sell my snes for £120, I shopped around for the best deal between three shops and managed to jump it from £60 to £120.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    200 for the wii and a game a week or so after it came out.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have looked up some of my games on the CEX site to trade in and I will only get 50p or a pound for them, I just cant bring myself to trade them in for that little money when I could probably find more down the back of the couch :p .

The best trades I have receive have been games where I have been given more money trading in than I actually paid for the game in the first place.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheG-Man wrote: »
    Blockbuster gave me £100 against a new 120gb slim. .

You will be lucky if you get around £30 for a ps3 40gb, the price for trtade has dropped dramaticly in the last few months

I have a ps3 60gb, and was offered £60, compared to last year price £95
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lowest was probably about £1.50-£2 for a PSP game.

Highest was £40 for Saints Row 2 traded in against Resident Evil 5.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lowest about 75p for PES 08.

Highest, took MW2 in (nearly two years after release) to trade against Skyrim and got just over £20.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I sold my £280 xbox 360 for £400 a week after release. I did the same a week later and that basically paid for my 360 when I bought another one after the Christmas panic was over.

Worst price was 50p for ghost recon advanced fighter at game.