The Hollyoaks Awards 2012 - THE RESULTS

ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
Forum Member
✭✭
Thank you to everyone who voted! The results have been counted and the results have been verified (I could be on X-Factor!) and I will now post them.

SEXIEST FEMALE
Last Year's Winner: Rachel Shenton (Mitzeee)

01.(01) 64.7% Rachel Shenton - Mitzeee
02. (02) 13.2% Tamaryn Payne - Annalise Appleton
03. (05) 10.2% Jennifer Metcalfe - Mercedes McQueen
04. (**) 7.3% Jorgie Porter - Theresa McQueen
05. (04) 4.4% Claire Cooper - Jacqui McQueen

Last year's winner Rachel Shenton once again dominates the field, nearing 65% of the whole voting! She's also up on last year's vote of 61%. Mitzeee's had quite an unglamorous year, spending a chunk of it in prison for a crime she didn't commit. Last year's second place is the same, with criminally underused student Annalise Appleton once again standing firm. Tamaryn is also up slightly on year's result of 11.2%.
Next up we have Jennifer Metcalfe who climbs from last year's fifth place to take 3rd from cousin Theresa, who is a new entry in the voting after failing to qualify last year. Finally, rounding up the Sexiest Female is another mcqueen

Comments

• ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SEXIEST MALE
    Last Year's Winner: Danny Mac - Mark 'Dodger' Savage

01. (02) 46.2% Emmett J. Scanlan - Brendan Brady
    02. (01) 23.8% Danny Mac - Mark 'Dodger' Savage
    03. (03) 17.9% Ashley Taylor Dawson - Darren Osborne
    04. (04) 7.4% Kieron Richardson - Ste Hay
    05. (**) 4.4% David Atkins - Rob Edwards

Last year's top four remain the same as last year's, with the winner changing position! Bad boy Brendan Brady snatches the top spot from Dodger Savage with a great score of 46.2%, leaving last year's winner to settle for silver with a still good 23.8% of the votes. Remaining static at number 3 is Ashley Taylor Dawson's character of Darren Osborne who amasses 17.9%, just .2% up on last year's scoring of 17.7%. Another non mover is Kieron Richardon's reformed badboy Ste Hay who polls 7.4%, which is quite a bit down from last year's result of 11%. Finally, David Atkins who failed to qualify last year got enough votes to qualify but has to settle for fifth place scoring just 4.4% of the votes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CHARACTER YOU'D MOST LIKE TO DISAPPEAR
    Last Year's Winner: Stephanie Davies - Sinead O' Connor

01. 40.2% Pj Brennan - DOUG CARTER
    02. 28.3% James Atherton - WILL SAVAGE
    03. 26.8% Bart McQueen - JONNY CLARKE
    04. 4.4% Dan O' Connor - ALLY GROGAN

Doug Carter amasses 40.2% of the votes to be the character you guys would most like to depart in 2013. All new characters feature in the shortlist, with last year's winner Sinead O' Connor failing to get enough votes to qualify. 28.3% of you would like geek turned creepy freak Will Savage to get the hell out of here, whilst 26.8% of you would like Bart McQueen to disappear from out of sight for good. Ally Grogan only got 4.4% of the votes in a downfall from coming 2nd place in the longlist. But the character had already left screens by the time the shortlist was posted which meant perhaps people voted for a character still around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Thanks for these, gaz, it was really fun voting!
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Thanks Gaz! Definitely agree with the sexiest but I'd far rather see Will, Bart or Texas leave!
  • BOOM-BBBOOM-BB Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree so far with the results :) but would have been happy for any of those four to leave:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    Thank you to everyone who voted! The results have been counted and the results have been verified (I could be on X-Factor!) and I will now post them.

SEXIEST FEMALE
    Last Year's Winner: Rachel Shenton (Mitzeee)

01.(01) 64.7% Rachel Shenton - Mitzeee

That picture of Mitzeee is awful
  • Suitcase BeraoSuitcase Berao Posts: 6,078
    Forum Member
    I'll add my thanks for taking the time to do these. I voted in the initial stage, but didn't after primarily as you could see how this was going (everyone who voted for Emmett as Sexiest Male, also appeared to vote for him in every other category that he was nominated in, so it didn't seem worth my while taking the time to vote).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Very interesting, thanks for posting!

I agree with the sexiest winners.

(Side note: That link to the photo of Ste! How have I never seen that before? And how does he make eating cereal sleepily in a dressing gown look so beautiful?! :o)

Anyway, I think I'd have been happier for a lot of other people to leave rather than Doug. I think PJ's a great actor whose character has just not come across particularly well in the triangle storyline.

Can't wait to read the rest of the results :D
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I love the way you write a little thing about the winners Gazboi, can't wait for more and once again thank you for doing this.
  • BOOM-BBBOOM-BB Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this being updated today?:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm back! Sorry, not had internet access for 2 days! :o

BEST NEWCOMER

01. 47% Mandip Gill - PHOEBE JACKSON
    02. 35.2% Joe Thompson - DR PAUL BROWNING
    03. 16.1% Nikki Sanderson - MAXINE MINNIVER
    04. 1.4% Georgia Bourke - LACEY KANE

Last year's winner Mark 'Dodger' Savage is still around in 'Hollyoaks'- a rare feat for a newcomer! How will this year's winnier Phoebe Jackson fare in that stakes? Fiesty and determined- Phoebe was introduced as a homeless girl who befriended George. She's now a 'Hollyoaks' villager after being 'adaopted' as such by Jacqui McQueen, whilst killer Dr Paul Browning surprised me by getting over 35% of the votes. I'm not such of Joe Thompson as an actor, I find him quite happy to be honest, but I can see why people like the character.
    3rd place goes to Maxine Miniever, quite a feat for a character who has only appeared in a handful of episodes thus far! But she's made quite an impression- and I'm sure I wasn't alone in cheering at my screen when she gave Mercedes a well deserved smack in the mouth!
    Lacey Kane recieved just 1 vote in the shortlist and thus ends in fourth place. Lacey took a shine to crap Australian Ally Grogan who was dating her sister, and she slept with him, causing Queen Martha of Hollyoaks to lash out in supeb style.
  • BBTObsessedBBTObsessed Posts: 115
    Forum Member

Doug Carter amasses 40.2% of the votes to be the character you guys would most like to depart in 2013. All new characters feature in the shortlist, with last year's winner Sinead O' Connor failing to get enough votes to qualify. 28.3% of you would like geek turned creepy freak Will Savage to get the hell out of here, whilst 26.8% of you would like Bart McQueen to disappear from out of sight for good. Ally Grogan only got 4.4% of the votes in a downfall from coming 2nd place in the longlist. But the character had already left screens by the time the shortlist was posted which meant perhaps people voted for a character still around.

Thank god. Doug has the most annoying face ever. And especially his acting...that sucks!!
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm back! Sorry, not had internet access for 2 days! :o

BEST NEWCOMER

01. 47% Mandip Gill - PHOEBE JACKSON
    02. 35.2% Joe Thompson - DR PAUL BROWNING
    03. 16.1% Nikki Sanderson - MAXINE MINNIVER
    04. 1.4% Georgia Bourke - LACEY KANE

Last year's winner Mark 'Dodger' Savage is still around in 'Hollyoaks'- a rare feat for a newcomer! How will this year's winnier Phoebe Jackson fare in that stakes? Fiesty and determined- Phoebe was introduced as a homeless girl who befriended George. She's now a 'Hollyoaks' villager after being 'adaopted' as such by Jacqui McQueen, whilst killer Dr Paul Browning surprised me by getting over 35% of the votes. I'm not such of Joe Thompson as an actor, I find him quite happy to be honest, but I can see why people like the character.
    3rd place goes to Maxine Miniever, quite a feat for a character who has only appeared in a handful of episodes thus far! But she's made quite an impression- and I'm sure I wasn't alone in cheering at my screen when she gave Mercedes a well deserved smack in the mouth!
    Lacey Kane recieved just 1 vote in the shortlist and thus ends in fourth place. Lacey took a shine to crap Australian Ally Grogan who was dating her sister, and she slept with him, causing Queen Martha of Hollyoaks to lash out in supeb style.

:D Yeeeey for Phoebe/Mandip.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BEST COMEDIC PERFORMANCE
    Last Year's Winner: Emmett J. Scanlan - Brendan Brady

01. [01] 41.7% Emmett J. Scanlan - Brendan Brady
    02. [03] 34.3% Nicole Barber Lane - Myra McQueen
    03. [**] 13.4% Joe Tracini - Dennis Savage
    04. [**] 10.4% Tom Scurr - Barney Harper McBride

Last year's winner Emmett Scanlan again wins, but not by as big as field as last time. Polling 41.7% and beating last year's 3rd placed character Myra McQueen, see's Brendan (the character who can do EVERYTHING) keep his place at the top. (Which I'm sure he'll just be THRILLED about). Myra climbs a place to second place (Last year's second place Darren Osborne was not included which is perhaps an epic fail on my part) whilst Dennis Savage is a new entry at number three.
    Next up is a character who has not made me laugh once- Barney Harper McBride but I can appreciate whilst people thing the whole 'posh' thing funny.
  • lexstarlexstar Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for doing this, I cannot for the life of me see what people see in Brendan, but he won fair and square.

Would like to have seen Dennis win comedy, he makes me crack up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CHARACTER YOU'D MOST LIKE TO RETURN!
    Last Year's Winner: Chris Fountain - Justin Burton

01. 39.7% Ashleigh Slanina Davies - AMY BARNES
    02. 27.9% Jeff Rawle - SILAS BLISSET
    03. 19.1% Guy Burnett - CRAIG DEAN
    04. 13.2% Gemma Bissix - CLAIRE DEVINE

The only character from last year to return to the shortlist this year is bitch from hell Claire Devine who keeps her fourth place position. Last year's winner Justin Burton only recieved 2 votes overall in the longlist and thus failed to qualify. Amy Barnes, a character who underwent teenage pregnancy and nearly died in a fire but left with a somewhat happy ending earlier in 2012 after making an ill adviced pass at her gay ex fiancee (only in soapland!), was the most popular character you'd most like to return nearing 40% of the votes, whilst serial killer Silas Blisett who made a short lived return in 2012 to try and kill Mercedes McQueen (damn, why'd he have to go and fail!), came 2nd place in your votes.
    With the news that John Paul McQueen is returning to Hollyoaks at the end of the year, over 19% of you wanted his boyfriend Craig to return. John Paul's return to screens could spell the end of the ever popular 'McDean' pairing! Just over 13% want bitch Claire Devine to return, and whilst I agree she was a fabulous character, I'm not sure what purpose she'd serve these days with her most common enemy Warren Fox having departed earlier this year. That said, she is the Queen of the Bitches and she makes Mercedes seem possibly virginal in comparison.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexstar wrote: »
    Thanks for doing this, I cannot for the life of me see what people see in Brendan, but he won fair and square.

Would like to have seen Dennis win comedy, he makes me crack up!

I agree re Brendan. I have no idea either. I would've like Darren to have won the comedy thing becasue to me that is one of his very strong points.

Glad Craig got a mention although my desire to have him back wasn't to do anything with JP! Well, I most probably thought to .pick him as he has been gone for a while because of JP's return, but I would like his return not related to JP!!!

Thanks Gazboi for doing this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is Brendan funny. He is miserable all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    How is Brendan funny. He is miserable all the time.

I think it's quite a black humour most of the time. He gets quite a few good one-liners, and also his many internal contradictions can be quite funny. For example, the scene where he answered the door to Bart McQueen and was absolutely scaring him witless, all-the-while wearing a 'Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend' eye mask. I liked his 'Don't analyse me, shop boy' scene with George a while back as well.

I reckon he's great at comedy as well as drama. Then again, humour is a very subjective thing, and you usually have to like the character in general in order to find them funny, so I think we may end up agreeing to disagree!

Looking forward to seeing who managed to pinch the 'Best Partnership' award :):o
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    BEST COMEDIC PERFORMANCE
    Last Year's Winner: Emmett J. Scanlan - Brendan Brady

01. [01] 41.7% Emmett J. Scanlan - Brendan Brady
    02. [03] 34.3% Nicole Barber Lane - Myra McQueen
    03. [**] 13.4% Joe Tracini - Dennis Savage
    04. [**] 10.4% Tom Scurr - Barney Harper McBride

Last year's winner Emmett Scanlan again wins, but not by as big as field as last time. Polling 41.7% and beating last year's 3rd placed character Myra McQueen, see's Brendan (the character who can do EVERYTHING) keep his place at the top. (Which I'm sure he'll just be THRILLED about). Myra climbs a place to second place (Last year's second place Darren Osborne was not included which is perhaps an epic fail on my part) whilst Dennis Savage is a new entry at number three.
    Next up is a character who has not made me laugh once- Barney Harper McBride but I can appreciate whilst people thing the whole 'posh' thing funny.
    Pre Brendan, Darren was my favourite character. Sadly, since he settled down with Nancy, he is no longer funny. I do get that people eventually grow up but, in real life, funny people don't stop being funny when they grow up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ok loads of hanging chads in that result.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Ok loads of hanging chads in that result.

OK, that made me laugh. :D Do you want to demand a recount? ;)

Gaz, your poll is amazing, I love it. I didn't vote for Brendan for funniest, because I voted for him in pretty much every other category including sexiest female, but he is the funniest really. He can make anything comical if he turns his mind to it. I loved his "you want to run a pop-up bar ... in a bar?" the other night. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is a 'hanging chad'?

Next result coming imminently..
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    What is a 'hanging chad'?

Next result coming imminently..

It's a vote card that hasn't got punched out properly - comes from the US elections when Bush Jr beat Al Gore, and it was really tight, and the result in Florida was contested because of votes that had "hanging chads" and weren't 100% clear - or so they said.

Looking forward to it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BEST SINGLE EPISODE
    Last Year's Winner - Halloween Fright Night - Silas Strikes Again

01. 50.7% The Minibus crash and deaths
    19.4% Brendan vs Walker and Riley shot dead
    17.9% Lynsey Nolan's death
    11.9% The Hiest with Brendan and Walker

The Minibus crash and the deaths of Maddie (Boo!), Rhys, Jono and Neil (Aww!) is the clear winner of the Best Single Episode. Every once in a while, behind the dirge of Texas and the Teens, comes a storyline that actually is really good in Hollyoaks land. And putting aside Ste and Doug's wedding after Doug was hugged gay a mere couple of months before, this episode was really quite an effective storyline and paved the way for some good dramatic aftermaths (basically Claire Cooper is Queen of Life). Whilst many people cheered when Maddie finally met her maker (I did, after I stopped LOLing at the sheer brilliance of her death) and many people sobbed when cheater!Rhys popped his clogs with a sobbing Jacqui by his side, the episode showed that Hollyoaks CAN do a good episode if they focus on the right characters, and you know, throw in a death or FOUR.
    The episode in which fit Riley was shot by accident during Brendan and Walker's fight came 2nd in the poll, but it really wasn't ever in contetion of the win whilst Inspecter Lynsey Nolan's shock (and yes, this really was a shock!) death at the hands of evil panto doctor Paul Browning polled third.
    Another Bralker episode comes last. The Hiest, in which I have to admit had me on the my edge of seat, came last in the poll.