Contestants not happy with shows editing.

Comments

• Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it's a horrendous idea having double auditions - either have one or the other, not both. That way, we will see more contestants audition on the show even with a bit of editing
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    I think it's a horrendous idea having double auditions - either have one or the other, not both. That way, we will see more contestants audition on the show even with a bit of editing

It would make things easier to follow for the viewers. I think that the room auditions would be better as most of the contestants are not really ready to perform in front of such a large audience at that stage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would make things easier to follow for the viewers. I think that the room auditions would be better as most of the contestants are not really ready to perform in front of such a large audience at that stage.

I've always mentioned this on the forum to go back to room auditions and remove the arena auditions altogether. Even suggested that 3 categories with 3 judges (male, female, groups - age being limitless) each having 4 contestants because I find over 25s category as pointless. Also, we avoid the deadlock situation with 3 judges instead of 4.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always mentioned this on the forum to go back to room auditions and remove the arena auditions altogether. Even suggested that 3 categories with 3 judges (male, female, groups - age being limitless) each having 4 contestants because I find over 25s category as pointless. Also, we avoid the deadlock situation with 3 judges instead of 4.

Good points, and people dont buy music because an artist is over a certain age, so the category is not really relevant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good points, and people dont buy music because an artist is over a certain age, so the category is not really relevant.

Exactly! Even though a few artists over a certain age have made some career out of it but in general people probably won't buy their stuff as you rightly pointed out. Let's face it the pop charts is more aimed for teens up to mid-20s.
    I suggested on scrapping Xtra Factor until the live shows start as well as removing sob stories. They've been a lot less joke auditions which has made it less amusing but I suppose it is a singing contest. :)
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member

They decided to give the show a revamp after falling ratings last year. They have stabilised at a better level this year, but I think they've done both because they want to see what viewers are going to prefer.

The double auditions mean that the auditions drag on less. And I can't think that they'll get rid of the arenas completely because really, ratings took off in those years (2009 & 10) as people were able to engage with the acts early on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    They decided to give the show a revamp after falling ratings last year. They have stabilised at a better level this year, but I think they've done both because they want to see what viewers are going to prefer.

The double auditions mean that the auditions drag on less. And I can't think that they'll get rid of the arenas completely because really, ratings took off in those years (2009 & 10) as people were able to engage with the acts early on.

And then it went back down again - I think it may be to do with Cheryl Cole being on there as well (just to clarify -she is my worst singer ever) and she was very popular by many as she had a big UK fanbase - I think that could have been the main factor on why ratings were higher back then
    Forum Member
    And then it went back down again - I think it may be to do with Cheryl Cole being on there as well (just to clarify -she is my worst singer ever) and she was very popular as well

I think Simon leaving is also a factor.

Britain's Got Talent's ratings in 2011 also faltered a bit in the auditions, but improved a bit when he returned in the semi finals. Shows like that and XF could use him - he keeps the show together.

A lack of chemistry on the panel is also an issue - also, the TOWIE editing and the culling of 60 acts at bootcamp before they had even sung also most likely put people off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Simon leaving is also a factor.

Britain's Got Talent's ratings in 2011 also faltered a bit in the auditions, but improved a bit when he returned in the semi finals. Shows like that and XF could use him - he keeps the show together.

A lack of chemistry on the panel is also an issue - also, the TOWIE editing and the culling of 60 acts at bootcamp before they had even sung also most likely put people off.

That had a lot to do with it even though he has struggled to make a mark on XF USA at the moment
    Forum Member
    That had a lot to do with it even though he has struggled to make a mark on XF USA at the moment

It's a common thought that if X Factor USA's ratings fail to inspire throughout the series, he'll be back here next autumn.

I believe American Idol has also lost a number of viewers since he left.

Another factor is the fact these shows fail to keep up the interest once he leaves. They don't take over the headlines like they used to and so on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a common thought that if X Factor USA's ratings fail to inspire throughout the series, he'll be back here next autumn.

Another factor is the fact these shows fail to keep up the interest once he leaves. They don't take over the headlines like they used to and so on.

He should have never left XF UK tbh but I suppose he wanted to expand his brand and launch it in the USA. American Idol is really awful now - I can't bear to watch it anymore :yawn:
    Forum Member
    He should have never left XF UK tbh but I suppose he wanted to expand his brand and launch it in the USA. American Idol is really awful now - I can't bear to watch it anymore :yawn:

Maybe he should have launched it in the US before it got big here.

He started America's Got Talent in 2006, before BGT (he wasn't a judge, but he was involved in it a fair bit). The former does decent business over in the US, 10-11m regularly, 16m for the 2010 final.

Simon probably wanted to see how it'd fare without him on it.

Series 8 started well, but then began to deteriorate as we got into bootcamp & judges houses, even more so as we got into the live shows. Last year was hardly an improvement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He started America's Got Talent in 2006, before BGT (he wasn't a judge, but he was involved in it a fair bit). The former does decent business over in the US, 10-11m regularly, 16m for the 2010 final.

Series 8 started well, but then began to deteriorate as we got into bootcamp & judges houses, even more so as we got into the live shows. Last year was hardly an improvement.

I agree but it's done now. Simon does have that kind of personality which is why people stopped watching due to the effect of Simon leaving. To be honest I haven't really enjoyed the last 4 series but this years looks a bit more promising though IMO
  • rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't think that they'll get rid of the arenas completely because really, ratings took off in those years (2009 & 10) as people were able to engage with the acts early on.

I dunno - I think they might gt rid of them next year. I think the reason they have the double auditions this year is cos they couldn't do away with arena ones completely cos they had already booked the venues and opened waiting lists for audience tickets before the decision was made.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    I agree I think its silly having double auditions - IMO it should be closed room-bootcamp-JH-live shows, or perhaps do Arena after Bootcamp not before? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    The double auditions seem pointless anyway as if the act is crap in the arena , the judges have still put them through based on a good audition in the audition room.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

American Idol was on the downwards spiral before Simon left. They have also had really bad problems keeping hold of a judging panel from one year to the next, to the point where a few years ago they had Ellen DeGeneres joining midway through the season. The equivalent here would be Lorraine Kelly joining X Factor at bootcamp :o.

They had Paula, Randy and Simon until season 7. There have been 5 series' since and they're filming another soon, and only 2 of them (10 and 11) had the same panel for 2 consecutive years.

Simon isn't really that big a name in the US, and he certainly isn't an audience puller like he is here. Thats why I've never understood his decision to choose X Factor US over the UK, and whilst his ego would take a bashing, if he replaced himself on the US panel and returned here, the US show would be unaffected and the UK show boosted.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Simon couldnt launch it because of his contract. Thats why it took time.

Im curious to see the four chairs part. Thats new and maybe thatll help the show. Fremantles productions look all the same nowadays. Hopefully he'll move away from them now.
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why they didn't just do four back to back episodes of "the room" auditions and then another four back to back episodes of the arena.

A lot less confusing and easier to edit.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Chazmaxi wrote: »
    The double auditions seem pointless anyway as if the act is crap in the arena , the judges have still put them through based on a good audition in the audition room.

I don't understand that either :confused: Its like that sing-off crap we had from a few seasons back, even if one act was vastly superior to the other, the 'poorer' one was saved based on the previous nights performance. Eh? :o:confused:
    I admit I've hardly been watching this year - have we seen an act be crap in the arena yet?

Maybe the arena auditions are too soon for some contestants and should be saved to later on?
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I admit I've hardly been watching this year - have we seen an act be crap in the arena yet?

Hardly crap but not good enough to progress to bootcamp.
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    I think the room/arena double auditions actually benefits the contestants. It gives them a bigger profile and a chance to gain a larger following which is always important on shows like these.
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i wonder if this will put any of the failing fame hungry desperados off returning next year

i think not
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What reality contestants on a reality show complaining about editing? Say it isn't so. (And yes I read the article but it amounts to the same thing, you would think have these kids would be savvy to the ways these shows are edited by now.)
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't Fuller sue him, which prevented him from launching in the US for years?