Sound glitches in games

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone ever get dodgy sound issues in games?. I was playing a game on my PS3 last night and the sound would occasionaly sort of cut out every so often. So I'm not sure if it was my PS3 or the dis. The other weird thing is this doesen't happen all the time.

Comments

• heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get this occasionally on Battlefield 3, but only where one element of the sound drops out.

Music stored on HDD, streamed or via CD is always fine though, as are video's via browser and catch up TV.

If it's becoming a more frequent issue try changing whichever cable delivers your audio signal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heyrehair wrote: »
    Get this occasionally on Battlefield 3, but only where one element of the sound drops out.

Music stored on HDD, streamed or via CD is always fine though, as are video's via browser and catch up TV.

If it's becoming a more frequent issue try changing whichever cable delivers your audio signal.
    Thanks . Another issue I had while playing was the music sorta got really distorted and skipped a bit?. This could have just been an in game glitch I suppose though.
  • hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could it be your hdmi cable? last night I plugged my ps3 into another tv and although I had sound on the home screen my game was silent and I had to go to the audio settings and click set output to hdmi > auto set up.

Then it was fine. I know it's different because you generally have sound but it could be related?
    I had a problem where my home screen flickers although it hasn't happened for a couple of weeks now.