Long time Virgin customer wants to change to premier package

2»

Comments

• Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was looking to reduce cost of pack contacted CS and am know on Premier with Sky Sports and retained V+ box as the second uint. Reduced from 50M VIP. Made a good saving as well
    Give them a call and talk it over
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,238
    Forum Member
    The Cisco V HD boxes cannot get the Tivo software
    Source ? Have ever thought the reason the TiVo software is not V HD box could be because of the BBC red button and reminders ?
    Multiroom Streaming requires a lot of equipment and the boxes need to be next to a Router or a Ethernet Switch if they are going to be Hard Wired to the house network
    It's not a question of the functionality on the software, it's the product solution and the rights - which isn't a license disagreement, it's a negotiation full stop.

For some CPs, these rights haven't existed before, and for others, they've learned their lessons after what happened with Cablevision and Comcast in the US last year. TiVo in the US gets to completely skirt the whole rights issue altogether because they are an add-on product and have no relationship with the content and carriage.

Multiscreen and particularly "multiroom" rights are evolving, and for a lot of our content providers this is new territory. We are hard at work to make big strides in the Entertainment Anywhere space, so it all falls under the same negotiating umbrella.

And the product - people hate wires, we've found, and not a lot of people have their TiVo right next door to their router. It's not going to help our customers win any interior design awards if we've got CAT 5 running through the home. We're testing through a better way to do it, so when we bring it to market it will be a finished product that everyone can use if they want it.

Nick Ontiveros
    TV Strategy, Digital Entertainment

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/Android-App/td-p/590535/page/7
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hello, was wondering if anyone could advise on or experienced an issue with the new collections on VM, I have been a customer for a fair few years and rang CS today to enquire about changing to the new premier collection, at present i have 10m BB/TV V+ XL and phone line, I'm paying £54.50 a month so the premier collection looks very atractive.
    MY problem is i rang CS and was advised that the premier price didnt include the extra V HD box and this would cost me an extra £10,
    I left it awhile and rang again and spoke to someone different, She advised me that i couldn't get the premier collection at the advertised price of £45 plus £13.90 = £58.90 as i was an existing customer with all the services already! and the price advertised is for existing customers taking out a new service with VM, I'm well confussed surely upgrading my BB And getting Tivo constitutes new services? Or am i missing something
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep on at them, we got the premier collection no bother, but the first person we spoke to didn't have a clue, and then the second person took over an hour to get it sorted but we git there in the end.
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    martxx1 wrote: »
    Hello, was wondering if anyone could advise on or experienced an issue with the new collections on VM, I have been a customer for a fair few years and rang CS today to enquire about changing to the new premier collection, at present i have 10m BB/TV V+ XL and phone line, I'm paying £54.50 a month so the premier collection looks very atractive.
    MY problem is i rang CS and was advised that the premier price didnt include the extra V HD box and this would cost me an extra £10,
    I left it awhile and rang again and spoke to someone different, She advised me that i couldn't get the premier collection at the advertised price of £45 plus £13.90 = £58.90 as i was an existing customer with all the services already! and the price advertised is for existing customers taking out a new service with VM, I'm well confussed surely upgrading my BB And getting Tivo constitutes new services? Or am i missing something

I phoned Virgin Retentions last week about the new Collections Packages, they are a lot dearer than I had thought, I had to push to get some freebies thrown in

As you want the Premier Collection Bundle you have to have a Second box to start with, if you took a V HD box as the Multiroom box you will be charged £6.50 a month extra,
    but this is included in the Bundle so you will not be charged for it, if you took a Tivo box as a Multiroom box you will be charged £5 a month for it instead of £11.50 a month
    for it as the Multiroom charge has already been included in the Bundle price, for example if you took the VIP Bundle with two Tivo boxes
    then you pay £95 a month as opposed to £90 a month

My advice is if you really want to upgrade your service(s) and want to sign up to the Collections Bundle then phone up Virgin Retentions using your house phone
    and Dial 150 and press the Button corresponding to "Thinking of Leaving Us" in the Options
    then when you get through to someone say to them that you are not happy with your services at the moment and you are thinking of leaving them
    and push them to give you a deal you want, you might have to pay an Installation/Activation charge though for the 1TB Tivo box, if you wanted one

Yes, getting Tivo and upgrading your Broadband does constitute you taking up new services, I do not know why Virgin CS you spoke to thought differently

Also you will be tied into a new 12 month Contract straight away, but you can cancel any time before the first 28 days is up, because they let you try their services for 28 days first
    and if you really do not like it you can cancel penalty free
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I phoned Virgin Retentions last week about the new Collections Packages, they are a lot dearer than I had thought, I had to push to get some freebies thrown in

As you want the Premier Collection Bundle you have to have a Second box to start with, if you took a V HD box as the Multiroom box you will be charged £6.50 a month extra,
    but this is included in the Bundle so you will not be charged for it, if you took a Tivo box as a Multiroom box you will be charged £5 a month for it instead of £11.50 a month
    for it as the Multiroom charge has already been included in the Bundle price, for example if you took the VIP Bundle with two Tivo boxes
    then you pay £95 a month as opposed to £90 a month

My advice is if you really want to upgrade your service(s) and want to sign up to the Collections Bundle then phone up Virgin Retentions using your house phone
    and Dial 150 and press the Button corresponding to "Thinking of Leaving Us" in the Options
    then when you get through to someone say to them that you are not happy with your services at the moment and you are thinking of leaving them
    and push them to give you a deal you want, you might have to pay an Installation/Activation charge though for the 1TB Tivo box, if you wanted one

Yes, getting Tivo and upgrading your Broadband does constitute you taking up new services, I do not know why Virgin CS you spoke to thought differently

Also you will be tied into a new 12 month Contract straight away, but you can cancel any time before the first 28 days is up, because they let you try their services for 28 days first
    and if you really do not like it you can cancel penalty free

Are you a multi millionaire with all those services ? What do they all cost a month ? :D
    Forum Member
    Are you a multi millionaire with all those services ?
    LOL :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Are you a multi millionaire with all those services ? What do they all cost a month ? :D

No, I am not a Millionaire, I have to consult my family about the upgrade, I have already started this process

Currently I am paying £83.25 for the following services,
    this is what I usually pay every month anyway even before the April 2012 Increase

M TV - 65 Channels
    XL Phone
    Talk Mobile £10
    Talk 08 £5
    Caller Display
    Anonymous Call Rejection
    All Calling Features
    XL 50MB Broadband with PC Security for 7 PCs
    Forum Member
    So what about all the other services your profile says you have ?

You have also liked almost every post on Real Digital Facebook page
    Forum Member
    martine93 wrote: »
    So what about all the other services your profile says you have ?

You have also liked almost every post on Real Digital Facebook page

Yes, I still have them, but they are not Virgin related,
    I have Freeview and Freesat that you do not have to pay monthly for and of course I have the Full Package on Sky, Sports, Movies and Asian channels and I have Sky Broadband Unlimited that costs £7.50 a month extra that is all as I have Sky TV

I am still awaiting my Real Digital box from Real Digital themselves, I have put my name down as a Tester,
    I have not contacted them for a while now, but as I am busy this week I might contact them next week and see what has happened to my box

I have Read on their Facebook page they are busy sorting out their Satellite Signal

I have not contacted them, but when I do I will keep you posted as I have done in the past

Back to Virgin, I find as I have said before that the Tivo boxes are only good for On Demand stuff and Sky boxes is very good if you want to flick through the channels
    or watch/record some of the channels - minus ITV4+ of course, as you can only watch this channel if you manually tune it in,
    but Sky are now launching some On Demand stuff by integrating BBC Iplayer, ITV Player and Sky Anytime+ with their EPG

I have a BT Phone Line too instead of Sky Talk and I just pay the monthy Line Rental charge for, I have this because of my Sky services,
    as Virgin Phone Lines are not compatible with the Sky services, I am going to keep my Sky Broadband package because I need the Internet outside of my home as well via Wifi, Sky/Cloud services are Free if you have a Sky Broadband service
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a BT Phone Line too instead of Sky Talk and I just pay the monthy Line Rental charge for, I have this because of my Sky services, as Virgin Phone Lines are not compatible with the Sky services, I am going to keep my Sky Broadband package because I need the Internet outside of my home as well via Wifi, Sky/Cloud services are Free if you have a Sky Broadband service
    I believe that this is no longer the case so you can cancel the BT line and Sky broadband and still retain your Sky services,
    Are you able to share your annual combined Sky/BT/Virgin spend with the Forum?
    Forum Member
    1andrew1 wrote: »
    I believe that this is no longer the case so you can cancel the BT line and Sky broadband and still retain your Sky services,
    Are you able to share your annual combined Sky/BT/Virgin spend with the Forum?

I do not know the annual cost, just the monthly costs, some of them you already know as I have put them on these Forums before

BT Line Rental costs me £14 a month, that is all

I will not be able to use Sky (The Cloud) Wifi services if I cancel my Sky Broadband package that is why I am sticking with it and reluctant to cancel it
    Forum Member
    Deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not know the annual cost, just the monthly costs, some of them you already know as I have put them on these Forums before

BT Line Rental costs me £14 a month, that is all

I will not be able to use Sky (The Cloud) Wifi services if I cancel my Sky Broadband package that is why I am sticking with it and reluctant to cancel it

Joshua
    1) You can use Sky Anytime + with your Virgin phone line.
    2) The Cloud WiFi is free to anyone, you don't need to be a Sky customer. http://www.thecloud.net/free-wifi/join-the-cloud/
    So you can cancel your Sky Broadband (£90 a year) and BT landline (£168 a year) with no loss of services.

I've therefore saved you £250 a year. With just two years' savings you could buy yourself a shiny new TV!
    Forum Member
    Joshua
    1) You can use Sky Anytime + with your Virgin phone line.
    2) The Cloud WiFi is free to anyone, you don't need to be a Sky customer. http://www.thecloud.net/free-wifi/join-the-cloud/
    So you can cancel your Sky Broadband (£90 a year) and BT landline (£168 a year) with no loss of services.

I've therefore saved you £250 a year. With just two years' savings you could buy yourself a shiny new TV!

You mean Virgin Broadband instead of Virgin Phone Line
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean Virgin Broadband instead of Virgin Phone Line

Yes. Going to take up my suggestion?
    Forum Member
    I am now being upgraded on the 29th of May between 8am and 1pm

120MB Broadband here I come

I will now be getting after some persuasion

Premier Collection with
    2x 1TB Tivo Boxes
    1x Superhub and USB Adapter and Virgin Security for 7 PCs
    Upgraded to Size XL TV including Baby TV and Cinemoi and of course Picturebox
    Size XL Phone with all Calling Features - I already have this
    All Talk Plans such as Talk 08 £5 I already have this
    Talk Mobile £10 - I already have this
    I did not take the option of Talk International £10 as I do not make International calls
    Of course Directory Enquiries is already Included

All with little fuss

Price I must not say as they do not want anyone else phoning up and getting what I am getting
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I will now be getting after some persuasion

All with little fuss

Price I must not say as they do not want anyone else phoning up and getting what I am getting

Some persuasion / little fuss is contradictory.

Why bother telling us about your super deal then tell us you can't divulge the price because Virgin Media don't want to give the price to anyone else?

Just what makes you so special that you get a price that no-one else can get?
    Forum Member
    Ernie_C wrote: »
    Some persuasion / little fuss is contradictory.

Why bother telling us about your super deal then tell us you can't divulge the price because Virgin Media don't want to give the price to anyone else?

Just what makes you so special that you get a price that no-one else can get?

I have been a long-time customer since the first day Cable started in my area Videotron then Cable and Wireless then NTL

It did not take the much persuasion to add the extra 1TB Tivo box that I requested

You can ask for the same Deal as mentioned above
    and see what they say, ask them how much the Equipment would cost at the same time then Report it here and I will say whether I got that Deal or not

I am not saying anything else further that what I have just said, this is what I did and this is what happened,
    I just rung up this evening and spoke to someone in Retentions and they gave me this Super Deal, I was shocked that they agreed to what I was asking
    and out of the blue they heavily discounted my account without me pushing them or asking them to do it, they just did
    and they gave me a Special Offer in regards to the Equipment and the Installation and Activation Fees

I just wanted to brag about the Deal on here that is all
    Forum Member
    Yes. Going to take up my suggestion?

I am currently thinking about it because of the Wifi situation in regards to the Cloud services, I am not sure I will ditch BT yet
    because you cannot run Sky Broadband over Virgin Phone Lines, they are both linked together so I need more time to think about this,
    I am not in a hurry to cancel Sky Broadband just yet because of the reason I just mentioned
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am currently thinking about it because of the Wifi situation in regards to the Cloud services, I am not sure I will ditch BT yet
    because you cannot run Sky Broadband over Virgin Phone Lines, they are both linked together so I need more time to think about this,
    I am not in a hurry to cancel Sky Broadband just yet because of the reason I just mentioned
    For £250 per year you should be!
    Even if you upgraded to unlimited broadband on your mobile phone you would be saving money!
    I'm not sure what your line of business is but it sure pays more than mine!
    Forum Member
    For £250 per year you should be!
    Even if you upgraded to unlimited broadband on your mobile phone you would be saving money!
    I'm not sure what your line of business is but it sure pays more than mine!

I already have Unlimited Broadband on my phone Free of Charge on the 3 Network
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I just wanted to brag about the Deal on here that is all

That's EXACTLY what I thought. Selfish. Not interested in helping anyone.
    Forum Member
    Ernie_C wrote: »
    That's EXACTLY what I thought. Selfish. Not interested in helping anyone.

I have helped in the Past and I can tell you how I got this Deal

I Rang up 150 from my Virgin Home Phone and I Pressed all the Buttons they asked me to get to the Retentions Department NOT the Customer Service Department

When someone answered I said that I was not happy with my TV service and I would like to be upgraded to the Tivo box and service,
    I also mentioned that my Broadband was due to be upgraded from 50MB to 100MB between now and July

I told them what I wanted and they arranged it all for me

Simples

If you want to get a good deal you need to speak with Customer Retentions and not Customer Services, as they will not help you at all,
    I needed to upgrade my TV and Broadband services at the same time that is why I rang Virgin up in the first place, as I do not have any of their new Equipment,
    I also wanted another 1TB Tivo box for another room

I recommend you do the same to get huge discounts off your bill each month and to try and get a good deal on the Equipment that you need

See I am not selfish, I do help as well, I have mentioned these steps that need to be taken before,
    I have always recommended people to ring up Customer Retentions and not Customer Services
    especially if they have the old type Equipment and need to be replaced with new type Equipment

Speak with Customer Retentions to get a good deal, I have always said this and remain saying this to everyone on these Forums who need to upgrade their Equipment

The current Equipment you should have from Virgin is this

Tivo boxes - for their TV service
    Superhub - for their Broadband service
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I already have Unlimited Broadband on my phone Free of Charge on the 3 Network

Even more reason to cancel your BT landline and Sky broadband saving you £250 pa. I seriously doubt your 3 broadband is free, presumably you pay for it as part of a package.