I really hate Daphne from eggheads

1235»

Comments

• sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    That's the nub of it for me, too.... and I'd definitely have Kevin on my pub quiz team any day of the week. :)

Me too! You get the feeling that if he were on your team (and you got a question wrong) he'd just say ... 'ah well ... it is just a game ... its not a matter of life or death'. Whereas - if you were to do the same and you were on Daphne's team ... she'd beat you to death with her broomstick!
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no she would gnash you with her gnashers
    gnomgnomgnom
  • atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was an Eggheads team on Only Connect the other night, made up of Pat Barry and Chris, and they got pumped. Really made my night. Will be on iPlayer.
    While they did lose in the end, they were dead level going into the last round, in other words, after the 3 rounds peculiar to Only Connect and before a bog standard crosswordy type word game.
  • atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bargepole wrote: »
    Going back to the original title of this thread, isn't it the case that many posters on here feel inferior because Daphne and the other Eggheads have a fund of general knowledge which is far in excess of theirs.
    If it was merely "general" knowledge they wouldn't have much of an edge at all, it's all the obscure trivia they mug up on that wins them the quizzes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Totally agree with all about daphne ,so annoying the head shaking to let s know whoever has got the answer wrong and she knows it,plus the guessing and look of sham surprise give it a rest
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree with all about daphne ,so annoying the head shaking to let s know whoever has got the answer wrong and she knows it,plus the guessing and look of sham surprise give it a rest

Today she nodded wisely to a answer Kevin gave and proclaimed it right ................... only it was wrong !!!! Made me laugh out loud at her face .:D
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Today she nodded wisely to a answer Kevin gave and proclaimed it right ................... only it was wrong !!!! Made me laugh out loud at her face .:D
    LOL! That was a great moment. :p
  • pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't bear her. It's her wobbly voice that is most annoying.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member
    I'd cross the street to avoid any of the Eggheads team. Hell, I'd emigrate to Tierra del Fuego to avoid any of the Eggheads team. They have a certain look about them...
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pinkwafer wrote: »
    I can't bear her. It's her wobbly voice that is most annoying.

I think her teeth dont fit .
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy quiz shows but when Daphne is on I cannot bear Eggheads. When she appears I cannot help but yell 'oh the effin' Care Bear is on, switch over'.

Love Kevin and the rest.
  • chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey over 100 replies to this :eek:

How many would ( or did ) CJ get if there was a thread about this much loved Egghead :o
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I absolutely love it whenever she does that, can't stand the woman. Her attitude and the odious CJ's are mocking and bad sportsmanship. Why do the others put up with them?
  • best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Programmes like Eggheads (and Countdown) are obviously designed to be background wallpaper in Care Homes.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    I shouldnt laugh but: :D
    Daphne is very annoying, the way she pretends to not know an answer, takes a 'guess' and she knows it :rolleyes:
  • chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would just like to say I have met Kevin ( he wiped the floor with me on Sale Of The Century :o ) & you could not meet a more down to earth or nicer man.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

Yep, made me laugh out loud too, much louder than was really necessary, tbh :o But I can't abide her or her 'lucky guessing'.

I'll tell you who I do utterly loathe though, and that's Jeremy Vine. I simply cannot stand his smug, smarmy, oily character and recently he doesn't seem able to keep his mouth shut.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, made me laugh out loud too, much louder than was really necessary, tbh :o But I can't abide her or her 'lucky guessing'.

I'll tell you who I do utterly loathe though, and that's Jeremy Vine. I simply cannot stand his smug, smarmy, oily character and recently he doesn't seem able to keep his mouth shut.

I agree. I wish someone would gve him a new script. He's also rather dense. His pronunciation of many words is hilarious.:D