Trailer Park Boys

Does anyone know if this on telly at all?

It was on Paramount a few weeks ago, but only caught the end of it. Tried to series link but nothing came up.

Any ideas? Any fans?

:)

Comments

• AlferdPackerAlferdPacker Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if this on telly at all?

It was on Paramount a few weeks ago, but only caught the end of it. Tried to series link but nothing came up.

Any ideas? Any fans?

Its an awesome show. I got the Dvd box set series 1-6 a month ago for only about £35 online. Well worth it for 11 discs and some 50 odd episodes.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its an awesome show. I got the Dvd box set series 1-6 a month ago for only about £35 online. Well worth it for 11 discs and some 50 odd episodes.

Thanks for a quick reply :)

I may have to invest in them then.

But I buy TV series' on DVD then never watch them.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    It's possibly my favourite programme, it's outstanding. Discovered it quite by chance on Paramount about three or four years ago when they scheduled it after South Park. I got the DVDs on R1 before they got a belated release here but it looks like lately it's been shunted off Paramount's schedules, or at best relegated to later slots.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what's it about?
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    kit123 wrote: »
    what's it about?

Boys who live in a Trailer Park :D

The Office style fake docu with no laughter track following redneck petty criminals.

I think just about all episodes have been shown at one point but it has bounced around the channels. Paramount, Bravo, FX and even Men&Motors have shown them.
  • andyh1969andyh1969 Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    There has been 7 seasons, 1 movie and 1 special with a 2nd movie in the pipe line. I always though Channel 4 would have been the better tv channel for the show.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    andyh1969 wrote: »
    There has been...1 special...

Actually, a second one-hour special aired in Canada on December 7 of last year, "Trailer Park Boys: Say Goodbye To The Bad Guys."
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching Season 4 at the moment. This show is so funny.
    Forum Member
    Nailz wrote: »
    Watching Season 4 at the moment. This show is so funny.

Indeed. It really should be better known in Britain.
  • BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member
    The Bubbles and Conky episode is a classic. :D Though I can't remember what series it was in.

And Randy's stomach is a thing of nightmares :eek:

There are so many things about this series that are brilliant I could write a list a mile long.

I would just recommend buying the box set.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barbella wrote: »
    The Bubbles and Conky episode is a classic. :D Though I can't remember what series it was in.

Do you know I was just going to post exactly the same ... sheer genius :D

I'm off to find the boxset now. Thanks OP!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sotek wrote: »
    Do you know I was just going to post exactly the same ... sheer genius :D

I'm off to find the boxset now. Thanks OP!

Series 1-6 is £19.98 at Amazon !
    Bargain for a show which you can watch again and again

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001A47GCU/ref=s9_sima_gw_s0_p74_t1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1628TMS96PPHKKHY3KVW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

I love this clip. Randy needs a cheeseburger !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSrpTlF1zQY
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that, I've just emailed someone to add that to my Christmas List.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My boyfriend got me the boxset for Christmas, so I've been holed up watching it since :D

It's pure genius, and very underrated.
  • AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pure genius, and very underrated.

Indeed. Very very good.

Vastly superior to much of the crap churned out here over the last few years, and on a much smaller budget too.

£20 for the first 6 seasons on Amazon is an absolute steal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smokes, let's go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched a couple of episodes, didn't like it. Sorry, but Canadians make really unconvincing low-life rednecks.
    Forum Member
    flobadob wrote: »
    Watched a couple of episodes, didn't like it. Sorry, but Canadians make really unconvincing low-life rednecks.

You don't seem to know what a redneck is. And Trailer Park Boys is so true to the reality of a certain type of impoverished, dope-smoking Canadian the show could be mistaken for a documentary, with only the gun-play failing to ring true. Hell, I've KNOWN people like the two main characters, Ricky and Julian.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    You don't seem to know what a redneck is. And Trailer Park Boys is so true to the reality of a certain type of impoverished, dope-smoking Canadian the show could be mistaken for a documentary, with only the gun-play failing to ring true. Hell, I've KNOWN people like the two main characters, Ricky and Julian.:)

Sorry, but we all grow up with certain stereotypical views: the Italians are noisy, Americans are a bit hysterical and Canadians are, well, Donald Sutherland - sober and serious, and not at all likely to spend all day making crystal meth and having sex with farm animals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flobadob wrote: »

It took me 3 or 4 episodes to get hooked and now I've seen all the series and the films too. Such a great show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It took me 3 or 4 episodes to get hooked and now I've seen all the series and the films too. Such a great show.

OK, I'll watch a few more.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly, my apologies for bumping an old thread, but sometimes people get in a twist over creating a new thread where one already existed.

Just wanted to say I was a bit late to the game, I just finished the series on Netflix and I loved it. :D

Some favorite moments:

Bubbles and Conky
    Julian and his drink, even when he gets tazed
    Ray and the piss jugs
    Ricky getting shot
    Lahey's and Ricky's cars, good god
    Ricky in court
    Bubbles and his kitties

Regarding a previous poster saying he didn't think they were realistic portrayals, I would just say that I spent a few years living in Nova Scotia and they are indeed accurate. Except the gun stuff.;-)