Brtiney Spears- Everytime 10 years since #1.

2»

Comments

• Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I guess it depends on the song. I normally prefer upbeat songs but some of Britney's ballads are good as well. I forgot about When I Found You. Perfume is pants to be honest. I like her vocals on it but the song itself is just dull.
    Awww I love perfume!! I just think it's a lovely song!!!
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if I were to do a Britney Ballds it'd be as follows:

Born To Make You Happy
    When Your eyes Say It
    That's Where you Take Me
    Sometimes
    Everytime
    Outta This World
    Unusual you
    Alien
    Criminal
    I run Away
    Out From Under
    perfume
    E-mail My Heart
    I'll Never Stop Loving You
    Don't Let Me Be The Last to Know
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a song, what a video

"I may have made it rain, please forgive me, my weakness caused you pain & this song's my sorry"

Breaks my heart :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    What a song, what a video

"I may have made it rain, please forgive me, my weakness caused you pain & this song's my sorry"

Breaks my heart :(

I always ove the bit in the video right at the beginning. You have the onyx hotel poster, can hear a helicopter and the then the intro begins. All so effective and beautiful.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Ally_Bowie wrote: »
    Awww I love perfume!! I just think it's a lovely song!!!

That's fine, I was just stating my own opinion of the song.
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    if I were to do a Britney Ballds it'd be as follows:

Born To Make You Happy
    When Your eyes Say It
    That's Where you Take Me
    Sometimes
    Everytime
    Outta This World
    Unusual you
    Alien
    Criminal
    I run Away
    Out From Under
    perfume
    E-mail My Heart
    I'll Never Stop Loving You
    Don't Let Me Be The Last to Know

Like the sound of that! I forgot about some of those songs :blush: I think if I was doing a Britney ballad album I'd put on (in no order):

Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know
    Born To Make You Happy
    I Run Away
    I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
    Everytime
    E-Mail My Heart
    Out From Under
    Criminal
    Strangest Love
    Unusual You
    Everyday
    (To Love) Let Go
    Alien
    Baby Boy
    Outta This World
    State of Grace
    Sometimes
    Why Should I Be Sad
    Someday (I Will Understand)
    That's Where You Take Me

How does that sound?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's fine, I was just stating my own opinion of the song.

Like the sound of that! I forgot about some of those songs :blush: I think if I was doing a Britney ballad album I'd put on (in no order):

Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know
    Born To Make You Happy
    I Run Away
    I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
    Everytime
    E-Mail My Heart
    Out From Under
    Criminal
    Strangest Love
    Unusual You
    Everyday
    (To Love) Let Go
    Alien
    Baby Boy
    Outta This World
    State of Grace
    Sometimes
    Why Should I Be Sad
    Someday (I Will Understand)
    That's Where You Take Me

How does that sound?

Good take off some of the un-releases as it may alienate (pardon the pun) non fans :p
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Good take off some of the un-releases as it may alienate (pardon the pun) non fans :p

True dat :p The other option would be to put the unreleased ballads on a second disc (if this album was actually being released). That way the fans would be happy and the non-fans wouldn't be so alienated :p Haha I'm used to the puns, but I ran outta them the other night talking about certain lecturers!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah or maybe down the line a separate release of demos, unreleased and b-sides.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Such a lovely song, artistically speaking it's certainly amongst her best.

It's a shame that she hasn't shown her songwriting skills more since this. I think the fact that she wrote and composed this song almost completely on her own shows that she isn't the utterly talentless puppet people like to paint her as.

I'd love to see her perform this live at a piano again.
    Forum Member
    vdp2791 wrote: »
    Such a lovely song, artistically speaking it's certainly amongst her best.

It's a shame that she hasn't shown her songwriting skills more since this. I think the fact that she wrote and composed this song almost completely on her own shows that she isn't the utterly talentless puppet people like to paint her as.

I'd love to see her perform this live at a piano again.

Well it shows a different side to Britney. She also wrote Someday and various unreleased ballads. I'm pretty sure she has written other songs as well. I'm sick of people calling Britney a talentless puppet. I got into an argument 12 weeks ago with someone who claimed Britney was crazy and a talentless idiot. He thought she couldn't sing or dance or write songs. I got mad. I asked him what music he was into and he said heavy metal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney people forget co-wrote he majority of her 3rd and 4th albums. Everytime is a perfect showcase of what she can do and many would be shocked and surprised her input into the song.
    Forum Member
    Didn't Britney also write or co-write some of the songs that were meant to be on the scrapped Original Doll? I know she wrote Mona Lisa and Someday herself. I know a woman called Michelle Bell co-wrote some of the leaked OD songs (Money Love Happiness, Peep Show and maybe Ouch, but I don't know about the last one) but I don't know much else. Britney also wrote a song called Whiplash which was given to Selena Gomez.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Original Doll was if not entirely co-written helmed and the concept was of her own.

But then again though Danja and others had major input Blackout was executive produced and again helmed by her.
    Forum Member
    Yeah I think it was supposed to be personal (even more personal than Britney Jean IMO) and her "tell-all" album. The amount of conspiracies about what happened to that album and the songs on it is ridiculous. Some people even think the Illuminati has something to do with it but that's a load of bullsh1t really. Even my friends think that is bull. Well Britney herself was the EP of Blackout. Maybe that's part of what makes it so great :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Original Doll was scrapped I feel due to her pregnancy and the genre of the songs. Blackout for instance was not the album to comeback to as it was so overtly different yet they released it. save for Mona Lisa nothing on Original doll was that telling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Well it shows a different side to Britney. She also wrote Someday and various unreleased ballads. I'm pretty sure she has written other songs as well. I'm sick of people calling Britney a talentless puppet. I got into an argument 12 weeks ago with someone who claimed Britney was crazy and a talentless idiot. He thought she couldn't sing or dance or write songs. I got mad. I asked him what music he was into and he said heavy metal.

True, but those songs aren't really know to anyone outside her fan base which is a shame. Hopefully one day she'll showcase more of that kind of music.

I think this one in particular is really nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdd4dlss7TA
    Forum Member
    vdp2791 wrote: »
    True, but those songs aren't really know to anyone outside her fan base which is a shame. Hopefully one day she'll showcase more of that kind of music.

I think this one in particular is really nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdd4dlss7TA

I don't even think many members of the public know Someday was a single. IIRC it was released sometime in 2005. Maybe she should do an acoustic or unplugged album next and see how popular that is with the public. I love that song! She's definitely using her real voice on that song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now The Original Doll...i have had demos/snippets from you tube listening to and darn how that would have allowed her to evolve from Everytime :-)

Some truly beautiful sonvs on that album...wished it saw the light of day

Jive restricted and pulled it because Britney was in authority and they got scared basically...it was due forlate 2004 release ...and as i have read around apparently she also was due to shoot a Madonna "Truth or Dare" style docu/drama around the Onyx Hotel tour to recording the album etc to showcase where she was "at" at the time and why she was creating the album and doing it herself...she had a great team there...but i think her independance scared her label...had she not have broke her leg on tour and met K Fed then i think the album would have been out as intended...but due to her not being able to finish the album and promote...three songs made the "my perogative Hits" album as we know it today to act as a "teaser" (as thsoe three were due to be on the album) and the album was then planned to be released early 05 BUT again interference and then she got preggers and it all went out the window...plus she vot in a happier place.

So thus no real point to fight for it :-/...shame she co-wrote/co=produced the sonvs for it...but alas.

Blackout was the counter-balance of that period...dark,grungy,sonically driven.....a new dark period different to as she was pre-kids/meltdown...she knew where she was heading but Jive allowed this one to happen...for many reasons i feel.

As discussed o nthe main thread i feel Britne needs this Label change to restore her creativity a lot more...she was reinventing herself and showcasing what she was capable of...but labels interfere too much.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Isn't there a bidding war for Britney at the moment between labels? It's about time that she left Jive.
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Isn't there a bidding war for Britney at the moment between labels? It's about time that she left Jive.

Well Jive was closed down. Femme Fatale was the last album she did with them so she was transferred to RCA and Britney Jean was released under RCA. Now her contract with Jive/RCA which she's had since the late 90s has ended. Personally I hope she starts her own record label and takes full control of her career, like she was planning to do during the what would have been Original Doll era.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Well Jive was closed down. Femme Fatale was the last album she did with them so she was transferred to RCA and Britney Jean was released under RCA. Now her contract with Jive/RCA which she's had since the late 90s has ended. Personally I hope she starts her own record label and takes full control of her career, like she was planning to do during the what would have been Original Doll era.

Ahh right okay. I wasn't aware that Jive had closed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah her last two albums have been Sony on her disc/album case :-)

Yeah NEW LABEL....i would adore if he signed with Universal and had her own label with them perhaps? that would be PERFECT i reckon she could make it work...i mean 20 years ago Madonna was the only leading female artist to have her own label too...now we have Beyonce, Katy Perry etc with theirs of late...Britney would be fabulous in her own label with music she likes...I anticipate that :-)
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah she was still in her prime then. I watched some clips of the Onyx Hotel Tour and wow was she slaying! I wish she'd record another album like Blackout or In The Zone. We need another dark, edgy, raw, urban album from our Britney. It would make me happy and prove to the public that she isn't past it.

That's right. I remember reading about it. I think the idea was something to do with rebirth or reincarnation. The scene where she drowns herself in the bath is the saddest scene I've ever come across in a Britney video :cry: A real tearjerker of a song but still one of her best ballads. Is your mum a Britney fan or not? Or did she just not like that video?

No shes not a fan at all but she never minded me being one and listening to her music or watching her videos. I became a fan when I was only 10 and it was just before she brought out her Slave 4 U video and brought out her 3rd album 'Britney' which was more risqué. and even that didn't bother her. but I remember when I showed her the 'everytime' video, she actually said to me afterwards that she had lost all respect for her because she still had young fans, I was only 12/13 at that time, and she basically said that she hoped for britneys sake, none of her young fans think its the only way out and try to copy her. And now that im 23 and even though im still a Britney fan, I agree that making that video was a very stupid move