What sequels have been confirmed for the future?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    I would do anything! to have Jurassic Park 4 , , With stephen speilberg directing unlike 3, I remember they said the project is done away with as the writer died, and some other things, But there has been a few things about it again recently,
    JP 1 is my fave of all time
  • The quizmasterThe quizmaster Posts: 93,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit? 2
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, Robot 2 (2010) :D

I Am Legend 2 (2010) :D

Cars 2 (2011) :rolleyes:

Jeepers Creepers III (2011) :D

Scary Movie 5 (2011) :rolleyes:

Pirates of the Caribbean 4 (2011) :cool:

Big Momma’s House 3 :(

Bad Boys 3 :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit? 2

Yes: http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/104/1041556p1.html

I don't know why they're doing it, just leave a classic alone :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hangover 2. I've got a bad feeling this is gonna replace the original cast and go straight to DVD with an 18 certificate. Sequels of this kind always do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hangover 2. I've got a bad feeling this is gonna replace the original cast and go straight to DVD with an 18 certificate. Sequels of this kind always do.

I really enjoyed The Hangover....even though the main cast have the sequel listed on their imdb pages....who knows, I hope they don't replace the cast!! because I'm really looking forward to the sequel....xo
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    any sign of a "district 9" sequel?
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is talk of a D-9 part 2 but no specific plans yet.

Im surprised no ones mentioned Sin City 2 but then that was delayed :(

oh and the Alien prequel.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Im surprised no ones mentioned Sin City 2 but then that was delayed :(
    Doesn't look like that's going to get made anytime soon, unfortunately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member

What about A Series Of Unfortunate Events, that could have been a good franchise?

There is going to be an as yet untitled sequel in 2012. At the moment it's not been confirmed if Jim Carrey is doing it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A prequel is in the pipeline for District 9
    G.I Joe 2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Tarantino wants to do an Inglourious Basterds prequel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I remember reading something about a Pineapple Express sequel...something I'd be happy about (as long as James Franco returned as Saul) :D

I'm really looking forward to Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 and Toy Story 3 :cool:
  • trevalyantrevalyan Posts: 7,705
    Forum Member
    following the success of Avatar, and its foray into beautifully realised worlds, i would like to see somebody gee the sequel to "The Dark Crystal" along

with today's technology, a sequel to one of my favourite childhood films could surely be a hit, with a good script and director
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruce vs Frankenstein (My Name is Bruce 2)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zombieland 2 (3D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,118
    Forum Member
    is there a new robocop film being made?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    trevalyan wrote: »
    following the success of Avatar, and its foray into beautifully realised worlds, i would like to see somebody gee the sequel to "The Dark Crystal" along

with today's technology, a sequel to one of my favourite childhood films could surely be a hit, with a good script and director

The sequel is in the works but as far as I know it will still be Henson's puppets which of course is the correct thing.
    IMO Yoda in the three Star Wars prequels was crap as an CGI. It may be technicallt good but puppets still beat it when it comes to delivering emotions.
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nanny McPhee is returning

I'll see Emma Thompson in anything. Especially now that I know that the sequel is called "Nanny McPhee And The Big Bang"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dj sunset wrote: »
    is there a new robocop film being made?

Yes. I think it has been delayed until next year.
    It was originally going to be this summer.
  • trevalyantrevalyan Posts: 7,705
    Forum Member
    The sequel is in the works but as far as I know it will still be Henson's puppets which of course is the correct thing.
    IMO Yoda in the three Star Wars prequels was crap as an CGI. It may be technicallt good but puppets still beat it when it comes to delivering emotions.

i agree with you on the use of puppets, but as in "Where the Wild Things Are" they could be augmented wonderfully with today's CGI technology.

it really needs shooing along, it could be a massive hit i reckon
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    akenny01 wrote: »
    I would do anything! to have Jurassic Park 4 , , With stephen speilberg directing unlike 3, I remember they said the project is done away with as the writer died, and some other things, But there has been a few things about it again recently,
    JP 1 is my fave of all time

I heard a rumour they are making the dinosaurs trained killers with guns, becoming an army. I like you loved the 1st JP but I think it should have stayed at one.

Why is it that in the first one the fat tech guy dropped the canister of embryos and we had a long shot of the mud covering it yet neither of the sequels mentioned it, when I thought the whole reason for that shot was for the reason of a sequel storyline
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sherlock Holmes 2
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

the rumour of the sequal to Dark Crystal has been going on for at least 3-4 years now.
    The last i heard, the original voices where returning - but it was all going to be CGI.
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

because this film was so successful - the cast will defo be back!