Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my god, that's essentially the entire point of the advert. How can you complain about an advert that AGREES with your opinion of people like that?

The advert is SO simple, I don't know how you've managed to miss the whole point of it.

Patronising again I see
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    Patronising again I see
    Please try and keep your posts on-topic. Thanks. :)
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new OREO;s ad with the kid. How annoying is this advert, It's only cute to her parents, noone else!

The 'wise beyond their years' is getting old now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody SANIFLO advert. What is so bad about the actors voiced that they had to be re-dubbed so terribly? I would never buy a product with such a tacky advert. The whole thing plays like some weird over the top cartoon.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sky Broadband advert with Jennifer Aniston. It's on all the time and I'm getting sick of seeing this bloody advert ALL THE TIME! :mad:
  • Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    Ive seen that bloody Mc Donalds ad 'Nah your ah right' about 40 times and it's driving me insane.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE - Get Kevin Bacon off my TV now! The part where he says 'totes amazeballs' makes me want to dropkick the TV! :mad:
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just see the O2 Beyonce advert. :( Very bad.

She isn't that great.
  • McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    What I saw earlier tonight appeared odd at first, and I thought it was going to be a sort of comedy ad ...it showed men standing at toilets, and a group of men at urinals, then one looks down and a voice says 'blood in your pee?' and words to the effect that he may have cancer.

Wasn't so much a commercial as an infomercial, but I do find these things quite unpleasant - especially around meal times.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fold or scrunch??? wtf Andex!!!! why who cares!!
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sick of seeing Paul Whitehouse in Aviva ads and his endless cast of "colourful" characters.

Who is he going to play next? A "hilarious" turn blacked-up as a rasta in Brixton market?
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,404
    Forum Member
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    So sick of seeing Paul Whitehouse in Aviva ads and his endless cast of "colourful" characters.

Who is he going to play next? A "hilarious" turn blacked-up as a rasta in Brixton market?

Me too. They're tired now and it's a repetitive format. :sleep:

I also intensely dislike those overloud Confused.com adverts. They're ripe for the axe too. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Avon ad, where the first woman looks like she has been dragged through a hedge backwards
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The general trend of clapped out comedians appearing in insurance adverts is depressing. Depressing not because they've 'sold out' but because the ads are just so painfully humourless.

The new Direct Line Dawn French ones are the latest example. Very disappointing.
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not seen Dawn French on Direct Line,
    surely that would be a conflict with her
    new ads for Churchill Insurance?
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He seems to have gone full circle, his latest character isn't much different to the original 'Green Army' guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timebug wrote: »
    Not seen Dawn French on Direct Line,
    surely that would be a conflict with her
    new ads for Churchill Insurance?

It has been a lonnnnng day...

Yes Churchill, not Direct Line, my mistake.

Proves how well advertising works on people like me.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That one with Robert Lindsay talking with some woman about Sky TV.
    It's embarrassingly bad acting on his part...the way he keeps smiling is so lamentably false and his whole effort to make the conversation seem natural and off the cuff is just bloody awful.
    I cringe every time I see it...get a fecking grip Lindsay! :mad:
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rowse Honey... At last! an ad with a kid BEING a kid.
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    BIB At least with January out of the way we wont have to suffer any more until next January

Yeah i guess thats good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've changed the Peugot Gary's Cat advert!

Used to be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__z7pg8gTSI

Now they instead say:

"Gary's cat is missing, but it looks like he's got it covered, just like your Peugot with this deal, blah blah blah."

Then they end with:

"Oh look, there's Gary's cat"

Funny to see they changed it, wonder if it was due to the bad pres the advert got, or just a general ofcom complaint?
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The recent National Accident Helpine adverts with the Chumbawumba song and most recently the 'cover' of I Heard It Through The Grapevine.

Both make me want to grab an assault weapon and put Underdog, who seems to be constantly on crutches and I can only assume this is to claim benefits under false pretenses, down.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EIwood wrote: »
    They've changed the Peugot Gary's Cat advert!

Used to be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__z7pg8gTSI

Now they instead say:

"Gary's cat is missing, but it looks like he's got it covered, just like your Peugot with this deal, blah blah blah."

Then they end with:

"Oh look, there's Gary's cat"

Funny to see they changed it, wonder if it was due to the bad pres the advert got, or just a general ofcom complaint?

I noticed it had changed too. I liked the original version due to a line that this :rolleyes: smiley is designed for.

"Gary's cat always goes missing... :rolleyes:"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    crowby1 wrote: »
    Bloody SANIFLO advert. What is so bad about the actors voiced that they had to be re-dubbed so terribly? I would never buy a product with such a tacky advert. The whole thing plays like some weird over the top cartoon.

The enormous basement rooms featured belies the fact that this is aimed at countries where such things are standard eg., USA.

Most 'basements' in the UK are dank old ex-coal cellars ;)
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    TracerTong wrote: »
    The new OREO;s ad with the kid. How annoying is this advert, It's only cute to her parents, noone else!

The 'wise beyond their years' is getting old now.
    I find it uncomfortable to watch.
This discussion has been closed.