How to reset a Sumvision cyclone voyager 7''

Jason1976Jason1976 Posts: 218
Forum Member
Hi a friend of mine had a 7'' Sumvision Cyclone Voyager tablet for Christmas running Jelly Bean. They have set up a google account to get onto google play etc. They also put a password on it to lock the tablet this was one where you draw a shape. Unfortunately they forgot this so it locked them out and asked for their Google username and password which they also seem to have messed up. This all went wrong on the 27/12/12 they then brought it round for me to look at last night, i tried to get the password reset but google will not allow this they now want $1 or $2 to look into it and see if they can help, their is no credit card linked to the account as the tablet belongs to a 13 year old teenager. Dont want to pay google and dont see why you should just to recover a password. The tablet is now a useless piece of junk as we cant get into it. Does anybody know if this can be reset to factory defaults.This model only has a volume switch and an on and off switch. There is a small hole on the back that says mic/reset but i have seen online that this will not help. Can anybody help please.

Comments

• psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect this is generic Chinese tablet and probably has other names/brands too. Some can be reset from the buttons. Maybe worth a try:
    1. With the device turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
    2. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
    3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER.
    4. Press VOLUME UP to start the factory reset.
  • Jason1976Jason1976 Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Thanks i tried that psionic but it did not work. Anyone have any other ideas as thr tablet is useless until i can reset it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    If it's running Jellybean, look in Settings, then under the Personal group there should be an option there for a factory reset.
    Forum Member
    That wont work Eston if you read my post i cant get into the tablet because it needs a google password which has been forgotten. So there is no way to get into settings.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since the Google account is tied to an email address can't the account password be sent to the email address on another device. Not sure if the Play store has an option to do this though.
    Forum Member
    No john google wont do that they wanted to know so much information which i gave them but that was not enough they now want us to pay $1 or $2 to get them to look at it and may even mean ringing America and they cant promise they can help either.