How to pop the bonnet in a Ford KA?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,456
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone know how to pop the bonnet in a 2003 Ford KA? Theres a red pulley thing under the steering column but it looks like its just wire housing? Cheers.

Comments

• fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is the bonnet release, just hook your fingers under the end furthest away from you, and pull down and toward you and the bonnet will open.
  • stevie68stevie68 Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know how to pop the bonnet in a 2003 Ford KA? Theres a red pulley thing under the steering column but it looks like its just wire housing? Cheers.

If you dont know how to pop the bonnet how on earth are you going to manage to do what you want to do when you get it open?

stevie:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my last car had a little pulley with an icon on the passenger side, much easier. Thanks fat controller.
  • fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my last car had a little pulley with an icon on the passenger side, much easier. Thanks fat controller.

You're welcome :) - Ford have had that wee red lever under the steering column for years (I always thought it a bit odd too - maybe they just wanted to be different :D)
  • ErrodielErrodiel Posts: 4,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is the bonnet release, just hook your fingers under the end furthest away from you, and pull down and toward you and the bonnet will open.

Yup, then you'll be able to open the bonnet about an inch. Look in the gap and you'll see a wee yellow hook you need to pull across to release it fully. The garage oiled mine last time i had it service, it was like opening a different bonnet :D