US Shows that you gave a go and found your surprisingly enjoying!

Soaps Addict!!Soaps Addict!! Posts: 696
Forum Member
✭✭
For me its got to be Nikita, I never really thought I would be into it but I gave it a go only recently and I am like 10 episodes in or so on the first season and I am glad to say that I am really enjoying it! :)

Comments

• Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Vampire Diaries
    I avoided it at first, thinking it was a "Twilight" clone. What a stupid misconception that was. It's NOTHING like Twilight. When the first season ended I heard nothing but praise for this program and decided to give it a shot. The first 7 or 8 episodes were very boring and I was about to give up but then then it got good - really, really good. Lesson learned: never judge a show without watching a handful of episodes first.

2) Castle
    I wasn't sure about this one. I'm not a fan of cop shows but the humorous ads and Nathan Fillon's past work (he's been in a couple of failed shows but they were all interesting: "Firefly" and "Drive") had me curious enough to check it out. I've really enjoyed it. It's a fun, lighthearted program with an extremely likeable cast. :)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nurse Jackie
    The Big C
    The United States of Tara

I was wary because they were billed as comedies and i don't like comedies but it was the lead actresses that attracted me to it but it turned out they weren't really LOL hilarious but had elements of comedy but still balanced drama as well.
  • WolfGirl2WolfGirl2 Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    I love films about revenge so thought I would give Revenge a go and absolutely love it I am completely hooked
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once Upon a Time for me. Thought it was rubbish in the first 3 or 4 eps. Couldn't understand why everyone loved it, and then... hooked. Looking forward to season 2 :)
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psych. My husband watched the first series and then persuaded me to watch it. I wasn't sure that I would like it, but it is easily one of my favourite shows now.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Sons of Anarchy for me, stuck with it for a couple of episodes and got totally hooked!
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Pretty Little Liars
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The Vampire Diaries - sounded dreadful, but received nothing but praise. Gave the first few episodes a go and thought they were pretty poor, but after 6-8 episodes it became ridiculously addictive.

Once Upon a Time - not sure I'd continue to watch it if my OH lost interest, but it's certainly better than it sounds.

The Mentalist - I hate procedurals, but this show is fantastic!
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire Diaries.

Teen Wolf, didn't expect to like it, but it's just ace fun.
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sons of anarchy,i had it on my hard drive for a whole year before i ventured into it

how stupid was i?it is bloody excellent roll on the new season :D
  • Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leverage. Thought it was gonna be a Hustle rip off it isn't and I love it
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    Jenzen wrote: »
    Sons of Anarchy for me, stuck with it for a couple of episodes and got totally hooked!

Love that show.

I got quite excited the other day when I saw a biker actually wearing a SAMCRO jacket.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being as I am from there I missed a lot of shows when I moved to the UK some show I LOVE

Big Bang
    Pysch
    Royal Pains
    The Good Wife
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Pysch. I caught a marathon of it on a lazy afternoon whilst recently in the States. I thought at first that the lack of adverts (and anyone familiar with US TV will know how much of a shock that is) was reflective of the show's quality, but I gave it a go and got hooked.

Another one being Suits. Again caught it whilst in the USA. Now, I got hooked on Franklin and Bash last year, and heard about Suits but sort of brushed it off, assuming it would be a poor version of F&B. However, again, I got hooked and now my opinion is pretty much the other way round!

Oh, and 'Revenge' as well. When the adverts first started for it on E4, I wrote it off as one of the many crappy US imports that just completely tanks and gets cancelled after one season. Caught an episode last week though and thought it was gripping stuff! Definitely going to catch-up on it properly at some point.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Love that show.

I got quite excited the other day when I saw a biker actually wearing a SAMCRO jacket.

er hem... I admit to owning a Sons T-shirt and a SAMCRO hoody.

And Im not exactly young! :o

I still havent seen season 4, hoping it gets repeated before the new season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Entourage - sounds like (and some might say it has a reputation for being) the biggest pile of crap imaginable, but it's actually quite good.

Political Animals - (OK it's a miniseries, but I'm sure you can get over that...) not really my kind of thing, but it was crap and there's a great cast. Well played, USA network.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Revenge because it's the best US show in a while :D
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rookie blue and the next season starts like in 3 days I think.
    Warehouse 13 also pulled me in and I still watch
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And suits. I gave that a try because I used to see it advertised on wwe raw some weeks due to it airing with the states
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty Little Liars
    Revenge
    Teen Wolf
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unforgettable.
    Recorded it thinking it might pass an hour if I had nothing else to watch.
    Ended up with 3 or 4 episodes on Sky+ before I watched the first ep. Totally hooked in the first 15 minutes.

Then it got cancelled, I was actually a bit gutted.
    Then it got renewed for a second series. Delighted.

Then found out it was only renewed for 13 eps rather that 21-22, bit disappointed.

Then they got rid of 3 of the actors, why?
    It's like they knew it was good so decided to renew, but they hope season 2 will be awful so that will be the end of it.

Why bother?
  • londonitelondonite Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    everybody loves raymond
    spin city
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK I will also admit to Wildfire...
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dean Dare wrote: »
    Leverage. Thought it was gonna be a Hustle rip off it isn't and I love it

I gave up on Hustle about 3 seasons before the end because I was thoroughly fed up with how smug the characters were. I started to watch the first episode of Leverage when it was first shown over here but I thought it was basically a remake of Hustle so I switched off.

However over Christmas FX repeated the first two season and on the recommendation of a friend I decided to give it another go and I'm glad I did :)

Murdoch Mysteries (Yes I know it's a Canadian show but there isn't a seperate section for those )

I like reading murder mysteries with historical setting so I started watching this
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    The Vampire Diaries - sounded dreadful, but received nothing but praise. Gave the first few episodes a go and thought they were pretty poor, but after 6-8 episodes it became ridiculously addictive.

Once Upon a Time - not sure I'd continue to watch it if my OH lost interest, but it's certainly better than it sounds.

The Mentalist - I hate procedurals, but this show is fantastic!

I'll also add Rookie Blue - a soapy police drama sounds pretty bad, but it's really matured since it's started.
This discussion has been closed.