Temple Run

-GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
Forum Member
Quite simply, just download it and you'll see :cool:
Also available on Android from the 27th March.

Comments

• stafsstafs Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I simply can't seem to get enough of this game. I die and before I even know what I am doing, I am running from temple again, pursued by those pesky apes.

And it's free!
  • metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I played it loads, only have one objective left to get, and thats the 10 million club. My highest score so far is 7,697,835 and that was 17,112m run.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I must have spent hours playing this game, earning coins and unlocking a couple of the 'better' characters until I read http://www.templerun.co.uk/temple-run-characters/ and realised it was a waste of time :(

Mind you it was quite a fun waste of time, I guess that's the point. I'm now working on upgrading everything else. For some reason I wouldn't consider spending real money on upgrade coins but I'll happily spend a few hours of my time trying to earn them instead! Oh well.
  • metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrniceguy wrote: »
    I must have spent hours playing this game, earning coins and unlocking a couple of the 'better' characters until I read http://www.templerun.co.uk/temple-run-characters/ and realised it was a waste of time :(

Mind you it was quite a fun waste of time, I guess that's the point. I'm now working on upgrading everything else. For some reason I wouldn't consider spending real money on upgrade coins but I'll happily spend a few hours of my time trying to earn them instead! Oh well.

It's not a complete waste of time as they count towards some of the objectives, each objective you get increases your multiplier. Maxing out all the other things I'd do first though, and a massive supply of angel wings as you can use them an unlimite amount of times in a run (you have to run a certain distance before reuse though)
  • Simon1984Simon1984 Posts: 5,792
    Forum Member
    The angel wings killed the game for me.Just stack up on the angel wings and it's not that difficult to get to 10 million.

Can't really complain for a free game though although it would be good to have missions in the style of Jetpack Joyride.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    mrniceguy wrote: »

It's a game - the point of it is to enjoy playing it...if you enjoy it then that's the main thing.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I love this game ... not spent that much time on it and only have a few achievements but I'm loving it.
    Simple and fun, what more could you want for free !
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand all the fuss about this game. I just don't like it. :confused:
  • AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I finally hit 1 Million.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! :d
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My high is 985,212 lol
  • andym08homeandym08home Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've managed to get 3.3 million so far, I'm going to try and get to 5 or even 10 million eventually, really addictive game, I tell myself I'll have 1 game and I end up playing it about 10-20 times
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't played it in a while, but my highest score is just over 2 million
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I'm on just over 2 million too ..

Got everything unlocked, just to get the last few achievements
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Very addictive indeed, although I am not very good on it but that maybe down to my old iPhone as it's very glitchy - but smooth playing on my sons iPod
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,117
    Forum Member
    My highest is around 110,000.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just over 1,100,000, how people get to ridiculous high scores like 10 million amazes me, how long do they have to play it for? Haha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Make sure to buy those angel wings will definitely improve your score tremendously
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,117
    Forum Member
    I'm just over 1,100,000, how people get to ridiculous high scores like 10 million amazes me, how long do they have to play it for? Haha

I'm guessing about half an hour?
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't played this for months but just checked my high score...31,350 :(:o
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone playing Temple Run 2? What are your thoughts?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm playing it. It's a bit harder because now there's hills and bends on the path and there's a mine track you have to deal with sometimes. I played temple run 1 for the first time in ages after getting the second one and on my first try, I broke my high score and got 3.1 million.
  • WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All those absurd high scores on Game Center are pathetic "l33t h4xorz" cheating with jail-broken iDevices. Shame really, but wherever there are games, there are cheats.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit harder especially when the big monkey is blocking your view.
  • WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TracerTong wrote: »
    It's a bit harder especially when the big monkey is blocking your view.

I also think it's much harder to jump up and grab the power ups and then have enough time or space to jump the next obstacle.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny, I think Temple Run 2 is easier?! My high score is 4.1 mill, oh yeah. Got nowhere near that since I set it though!