Grand Theft Auto III Today

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We should see this on the store today. It was released on the US store yesterday for $9.99 (£6.15) so hopefully we'll also get it.

No doubt it'll be something stupid like £14.99 lol :rolleyes:

Comments

• TVScourgeTVScourge Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    We should see this on the store today. It was released on the US store yesterday for $9.99 (£6.15) so hopefully we'll also get it.

No doubt it'll be something stupid like £14.99 lol :rolleyes:

There isn't a single PS2 game on EU PS Store that cost more than £7.99, which is also the price of that other Rockstar game Max Payne. Don't think we'd be worrying about the price.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVScourge wrote: »
    There isn't a single PS2 game on EU PS Store that cost more than £7.99, which is also the price of that other Rockstar game Max Payne. Don't think we'd be worrying about the price.

Even £7.99 is a bit steep though.
  • TVScourgeTVScourge Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Even £7.99 is a bit steep though.

Considering this game cost £40 when it was new, and I can get this game two and a half times for the cost of GTA IV on PSN I think its definitely reasonable. At least its worth it. Everyone knows how good GTA III is. A-Train 6 for example is probably more steeply priced by comparison.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering this game cost £40 when it was new, and I can get this game two and a half times for the cost of GTA IV on PSN I think its definitely reasonable. At least its worth it. Everyone knows how good GTA III is. A-Train 6 for example is probably more steeply priced by comparison.

I see what you're saying, but when you can buy it for about £1 online, it's still a bit steep.

Are you buying it yourself?
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are VC and SA scheduled for a PS3 release as well?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    Are VC and SA scheduled for a PS3 release as well?

I would say VC yes as it was recently re-rated in America. SA wasn't though, so they'll probably do a HD remake of that instead.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Dunno whether I shoulg buy GTA3 now or wait to VC comes out (Might do them both on special offer or something) argh!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Dunno whether I shoulg buy GTA3 now or wait to VC comes out (Might do them both on special offer or something) argh!

I doubt we will see offers on these any time soon. I think I'll just buy it. Is only £7.99 and I know it's a good game.
    Forum Member
    I doubt we will see offers on these any time soon. I think I'll just buy it. Is only £7.99 and I know it's a good game.

Just went ahead and done it thanks to you :p Had some money left over from a pre purchased card and other money left had enough funds in the PS kitty to do it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just went ahead and done it thanks to you :p Had some money left over from a pre purchased card and other money left had enough funds in the PS kitty to do it

Haha well done mate. I think I'll be doing the same later. Are you going to play through it now then?
    Forum Member
    Haha well done mate. I think I'll be doing the same later. Are you going to play through it now then?

Probably will come back to it from time to time. Got a lenghy wait to actually download first so forth (Slow 2MB connection) will take a while
    Forum Member
    That is a right A**E! Spent all day downloading and get excited when download finishes............only to find during install that the data was corrupt and I have to download the whole thing again! GRR!
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It only cost me 69p for the iPhone and iPad version so IMO £8 is very steap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a right A**E! Spent all day downloading and get excited when download finishes............only to find during install that the data was corrupt and I have to download the whole thing again! GRR!

Ah gutted! Just seen it's 4GB in size lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    It only cost me 69p for the iPhone and iPad version so IMO £8 is very steap.

That's the mobile version though with dodgy controls. This is the version you can play on your TV with a control pad.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless this becomes a freebie on PS+ I have no interest. I do wish they had given it the HD remake treatment as I would probably buy that.

I still own this on the Xbox which was a better version than the PS2 version so I will stick with that I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the mobile version though with dodgy controls. This is the version you can play on your TV with a control pad.

It's the same game though, in fact the ios version is better as its the PC version.

It's just really expensive for an old game with no HD treatment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the same game though, in fact the ios version is better as its the PC version.

It's just really expensive for an old game with no HD treatment.

If you don't have an iphone though, then this is the only way, unless you get it on the PC. Something of which I'm still debating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you don't have an iphone though, then this is the only way, unless you get it on the PC. Something of which I'm still debating.

My point is that if they can sell the game so cheap for iOS and Android then why not for the PS3? IMO £8 is to much when I can pick up the PS2 version for £3 in CEX.

I know there will be some people where this will be the only way they can play GTA3 but if not get it else where.
  • BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the Steam summer sale this year I got every GTA game including the expansions/spin offs for £5 for the PC.
  • Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point is that if they can sell the game so cheap for iOS and Android then why not for the PS3? IMO £8 is to much when I can pick up the PS2 version for £3 in CEX.

I know there will be some people where this will be the only way they can play GTA3 but if not get it else where.

I will say that as I did not own a PS2 and my PS3 Slim cannot play PS2 games, then this is the only way I can play GTA 3.

I am not sure what the game is like, but the amount of hours I got from GTA 4, then if it is anything like that I will happily pay £7.99, as I like a game to look good, but for me the game play and story is the main thing. You know it is not going to look like a modern game before you get it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dino M wrote: »
    I will say that as I did not own a PS2 and my PS3 Slim cannot play PS2 games, then this is the only way I can play GTA 3.

I am not sure what the game is like, but the amount of hours I got from GTA 4, then if it is anything like that I will happily pay £7.99, as I like a game to look good, but for me the game play and story is the main thing. You know it is not going to look like a modern game before you get it.

If you liked GTA 4 then this is a must for you. It's a really good game with lots of missions. For £8 it's great, but it'll look graphically poor on your PS3.
    Forum Member
    It does play the same as GTA3 (As it is GTA3) :p But it does look poor graphics wise as it is a straight PS2 port. Has to be expected really
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had it on the ps2 re-bought it again for xbox360 and i have downloaded it on the pc (which is higher res graphics) so i wont be getting it for ps3
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:confused:

It's on Android and has been for some time, I got it for £1.99 when Google Play was having one of it's sales. Still only £3.89 at full price.