Skyrim / Dragonborn sequencing question...

ZaphodskiZaphodski Posts: 4,687
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Having recently downloaded Dragonborn eldest daughter decided she would give Skyrim a go..... However due to the courier arriving early in the game to initiate the Dragonborn questline she merrily sailed off the the Dummer world and now has the problem that the first Dragonborn dude is nicking all of her Dragon souls. As she is no doubt not strong enough to defeat him is there anyway she can continue through the game by starting to gather Dragon souls? She doesn't want to start again as she's put in a fair few hours....

Comments

• Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does it still affect her when she is back in Skyrim rather than Solstheim?
  • ZaphodskiZaphodski Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it still affect her when she is back in Skyrim rather than Solstheim?

Apparently so unfortunately :cry:
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw lame. My only suggestion was going to be travelling back to Skyrim and levelling up and getting the souls there.
  • ToytownAssassinToytownAssassin Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Yeah I hit this issue as I did the expansion on a new character. All you need do is save before you kill a dragon and reload if the dude shows up to steal the soul. On the 2nd or 3rd attempt in my experience he wont show up and you get the soul yourself.

Going back to skyrim doesn't help. He shows up there too.
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Yeah I don't think Miraak will show up every time you kill a dragon so just save/reload as needed. That said is not getting a dragon soul every time really that much of a hindrance? The more useful shouts such as unrelenting force and dragonrend are learned without the need for dragon souls or with souls handed to you
  • ZaphodskiZaphodski Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think she is using the save / reload method to get by for now. Hopefully she's soon be able to sort Miraak out soon. It's a shame that Bethesda didn't place a level check in the DLC to prevent this happening...
  • ToytownAssassinToytownAssassin Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    davethorp wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think Miraak will show up every time you kill a dragon so just save/reload as needed. That said is not getting a dragon soul every time really that much of a hindrance? The more useful shouts such as unrelenting force and dragonrend are learned without the need for dragon souls or with souls handed to you

The problem is that you need to unlock shouts in order to finish the quest to kill him and you cant earn any souls to do it as he keeps on showing up and taking them unless you do the save thing. Or at least that's how it was for me.