Best Star Wars Game?

FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm looking for the opinion on what is the best star war game that is true to the movies? I remember playing Star Wars on the Nintendo years ago, the graphics was crap but in terms of gameplay it was right up there.

I heard Bounty Hunter was good?

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would think that most would agree that BioWare's Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is the best ever Star Wars game.
  • Air ResistanceAir Resistance Posts: 5,145
    Forum Member
    Personally I think Star Wars The Clone Wars for Gamecube was as good as any.

Got to say though my all time favourite was Star Wars Battlefront 2.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh there are many greats, the Jedi Knight series are the best for me, quality games with a great story.
  • sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Battlefront 2
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    KOTOR for me, quite an incredible game.
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phantom Menace ps1
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of Star Wars at all but when I got my N64, it came with a pod racing game which was excellent, so that's my favourite :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    They missed their chance.

A good PS3 play as a Jedi with Move would have sold a LOT
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lego 'the complete saga' :D
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TIE Fighter on pc, back in the 486 days. Prior to that it was X-Wing.

It still makes me sad that game series died. I'd love to see what they could do on a modern PC. The problem was that it was a proper flight simulator (for fictional ships perhaps, but still a simulator), which really required a quality joystick with throttle and rudder, plus a full keyboard for all the other controls. It was complex to master, but nothing beat the experience.

TIE Fighter beats out X-Wing for not simply being the more refined experience, but because nothing was more satisfying than playing the bad guy and blowing the utter crap out of that pitiful band of rebels. :D
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's between four for me:
    Kotor
    Rogue Squadron
    Bounty Hunter
    Lego
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    TIE Fighter on pc, back in the 486 days. Prior to that it was X-Wing.

It still makes me sad that game series died. I'd love to see what they could do on a modern PC. The problem was that it was a proper flight simulator (for fictional ships perhaps, but still a simulator), which really required a quality joystick with throttle and rudder, plus a full keyboard for all the other controls. It was complex to master, but nothing beat the experience.

TIE Fighter beats out X-Wing for not simply being the more refined experience, but because nothing was more satisfying than playing the bad guy and blowing the utter crap out of that pitiful band of rebels. :D

You've summed up my thoughts exactly, it was also cool in Tie Fighter that after proving yourself you'd be selected to be in The Emperors secret order to do his dirty work. I'd love a new Star Wars space sim.

Honorable mentions

Dark Forces I and II (PC)

Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 (GameCube)

Super Star Wars (SNES)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    super empire strikes back snes.
    super return of the jedi snes apart from the last level that seemed inpossible
  • AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tie Fighter is the outright winner.

Was there ever a Millennium Falcon game where you play a smuggler trading goods and avoiding bounty hunters a la Elite?
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Battlefront 2 or KOTOR

I also loved Dark Forces on the PC, and Jedi Power Battles on the PS1 too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star Wars: Galaxies....pre-CU, though.

It really brought the SW universe to life. A tonne of professions, lush landscapes, accurate locations, species, characters, weapons, vehicles...you name it. It really was awesome.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tie Fighter
    Rogue Squadron
    Dark Forces 2 (plus expansions)
    KOTOR

not necessarily in that order...
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    X-Wing vs TIE Fighter - closely followed by KOTOR.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Battlefront 2. still getting hours of fun out of it with mates and the mods available for it.