Beyonce's Superbowl Performance - Will Be Amazing!!!!

Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm just so excited for this. Just her performing normally is always fantastic, and when she performs at award shows she's incredible, so god knows what this will be like! She's really going to set the bar high. Can't wait to see her dancing and singing live.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh I can't wait! :D

Her Brit performance should be another fantastic performance to look out for, although I don't think that her performance there will be like the Superbowl. Not long now though until either.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I know, she knows how big this will be so she's not gonna hold back.

I'm really looking forward to this. I want a big production, on point dancing and with her amazing vocals nothing can go wrong :).
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see what songs she does!
    I predict at least Crazy in Love and Single Ladies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »

I think a Destinys Child medley too.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »

I reckon those 2 songs, a new song and a Destiny's Child medley (with Kelly and Michelle)
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's been confirmed that she's doing Single Ladies. I think it's pretty obvious they'll be something involving Kelly and Michelle too, most likely a DC medley, however I don't believe they'll do their new song Nuclear. I think people are overreacting with that a bit...I think it's just to promote the Love Songs album...I doubt they'll even make a video for it. If she doesn't do Crazy In Love I'll die of shock. Plus her new single. So I reckon:

Crazy In Love (with Jay-Z)
    New Song
    Destiny's Child Medley
    Single Ladies

Looking at that though, I'm sure she can fit in something else...
  • Just VogueJust Vogue Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really hoping that we get to see a bit of stripped back Beyonce. Of course she'll showcase her immense vocal talent regardless of what she performs, but I think that an understated start to the performance with her belting out the opening verses of Listen would be epic. It could work well at the end also. Or as a break in the middle. Okay, it doesn't strictly matter when she goes all stripped back as long as it actually happens. :P

I really hope we're in for a new album over the next few months. I know we're getting a new single but I haven't seen any talk of an album? Her albums get progressively better so I really can't wait!

What I'd like to see in the performance...
    Crazy in Love (Of course Jay Z is going to be there!) & Single Ladies are a given, even though they aren't her best imo!
    Listen/Halo (Can't believe nobody has mentioned Halo yet! :eek:)
    Irreplaceable
    New song
    DC feature, although I doubt Beyonce will let them stay on stage for long lol!

I really wouldn't put it past Beyonce to get Blue Ivy on stage either! :p!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    For having had so many "US number ones" she doesn't have very many well known hits. Off the of top of my head ''Crazy In Love'' and ''Single Ladies'' are the only two obvious picks.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I was thinking of Halo but I can't see it going in there. I doubt she'll sing any slow songs because don't they normally do up beat songs at these sort of shows?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just Vogue wrote: »
    I'm really hoping that we get to see a bit of stripped back Beyonce. Of course she'll showcase her immense vocal talent regardless of what she performs, but I think that an understated start to the performance with her belting out the opening verses of Listen would be epic. It could work well at the end also. Or as a break in the middle. Okay, it doesn't strictly matter when she goes all stripped back as long as it actually happens. :P

I really hope we're in for a new album over the next few months. I know we're getting a new single but I haven't seen any talk of an album? Her albums get progressively better so I really can't wait!

What I'd like to see in the performance...
    Crazy in Love (Of course Jay Z is going to be there!) & Single Ladies are a given, even though they aren't her best imo!
    Listen/Halo (Can't believe nobody has mentioned Halo yet! :eek:)
    Irreplaceable
    New song
    DC feature, although I doubt Beyonce will let them stay on stage for long lol!

I really wouldn't put it past Beyonce to get Blue Ivy on stage either! :p!

I don't know why, but I think that Halo could be the final song. Possibly because it was the last song from the I Am... setlist
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For having had so many "US number ones" she doesn't have very many well known hits. Off the of top of my head ''Crazy In Love'' and ''Single Ladies'' are the only two obvious picks.

She doesn't have many #1s.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get me Bodied and Love on Top please.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Beyonce kinda utilises Madonnas setlist as a "blueprint" I reckon it will be...

high energy opener - Single Ladies
    high energy second song - Crazy In Love with Jay Z
    Destinys Child Medley
    segment of New Song
    &
    Halo finale...

It is a 12 minute show there and thereabouts...Madonna overran by a minute but so much was involved with that show.stage etc so with that i see a potential for that ^^ as a setlist that will work really...personally id love it to be mainly 4 songs as its her best album yet i feel material wise but we will see...but i feel out of her catalogue CIL and SL and Halo are a given for US mainstream audiences to choose from as they are her biggest over there arent they.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did an incredible performance of If I Were A Boy at an awards show in 2010...part of me would like her to perform that, but not sure it would fit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did an incredible performance of If I Were A Boy at an awards show in 2010...part of me would like her to perform that, but not sure it would fit.

You know saying that...she could open with a ballad and use Crazy In Love as a finale....and If I Were A Boy with her dressed on a version of the football gear would actually make an impressive entrance! A bit of gender bending perhaps...would be pretty cool to see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    although it`s likely she will include SL i hope she doesn`t imo it`s one of the most over rated pieces of crap ever.

i hope she does Sweet Dreams tbh prob my fave Beyonce song
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Will she do Silver Machine ? cos she didnt do it at Glastonbury.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love 'I Was Here' to be performed!
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member

deleted
  • MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't we just have a full Beyonce stadium show instead of the Super Bowl??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    Will she do Silver Machine ? cos she didnt do it at Glastonbury.

Sorry but what is Silver Machine?
  • Just VogueJust Vogue Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah the more I think about it the more I'm sure that Halo will be in there. I really think she'll use it as the very final song. It would be an absolute tragedy if it isn't included imo!

Is it possible that both Crazy In Love and Single Ladies won't make the cut? They are very similar dance songs. Perhaps they'lll opt for a mash-up instead. Like Madonna did with Open Your Heart we might only get a few lines of these songs each.

Also questioning as to whether Irreplaceable might have found its way onto the set list.
    MikePJB wrote: »
    I was thinking of Halo but I can't see it going in there. I doubt she'll sing any slow songs because don't they normally do up beat songs at these sort of shows?

Yeah it's mostly upbeat, but there is definitely a place for a slower song. That's why I think that they might use Halo, it has a very positive and uplifting message yet is relatively slow.
    You know saying that...she could open with a ballad and use Crazy In Love as a finale....and If I Were A Boy with her dressed on a version of the football gear would actually make an impressive entrance! A bit of gender bending perhaps...would be pretty cool to see.

I doubt Crazy In Love will be at the end. It's not really the kind of song I can picture her ending on. I'm not sure why though. It seems much more like an energetic start up song.
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    although it`s likely she will include SL i hope she doesn`t imo it`s one of the most over rated pieces of crap ever.

I hate Single Ladies too, but it will of course be included. Sad though as she has such an amazing back catalog but you can already tell that 3-4 minutes of the performance will be filled by this!

Love love love I Was Here, although it's not really known well by most so doubt it will be included :( Although the message would certainly fit in with that of the performance. It's all about Beyonce and her contribution to the industry and the world so there might be a chance.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,554
    Forum Member
    Mrfenty wrote: »
    Can't we just have a full Beyonce stadium show instead of the Super Bowl??

Cancel one of the biggest sporting events in the world to have a singer on? No thanks.
  • MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cancel one of the biggest sporting events in the world to have a singer on? No thanks.

North America is hardly worldwide and I think most people on this thread are only interested in the Super Bowl because of Bey!

Anyway rant over lol I agree about leaving out Single Ladies its so over rated id much prefer another uptempo like get me bodied but she has to open with crazy in love!!!
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,554
    Forum Member
    Mrfenty wrote: »
    North America is hardly worldwide and I think most people on this thread are only interested in the Super Bowl because of Bey!

Anyway rant over lol I agree about leaving out Single Ladies its so over rated id much prefer another uptempo like get me bodied but she has to open with crazy in love!!!

Almost 100m viewers. That's pretty high.