Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    All very different hotels again - and the Winterbourne allows smoking in the rooms - can already see trouble ahead:yawn:
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marthaa wrote: »
    All very different hotels again - and the Winterbourne allows smoking in the rooms - can already see trouble ahead:yawn:

I looked at the Staff section on their website....it doesnt come across as very professional and spotted several spelling errors..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    owllover wrote: »
    I really like haggis :)

Me too . Although a SCouser, both sides of my family are Scots and I love the thing but the veggie version..now a young Scot working on our local Coffee Bar says his mum though a meat-eater also prefers the veggie version..maybe you should all give that a try.
    I have one in the fridge. Burns night is also my wedding anniversay and we went out to eat and although the Turkish restaurant (strangly enough) didn't have haggis on the menu, I chose Scottish monkfish kebab..there's a combination for you!..... washed down with Raki instead of Scotch and entertained by a belly dancer instead of bagpipes.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I looked at the Staff section on their website....it doesnt come across as very professional and spotted several spelling errors..

BIB I agree. On a website promoting a business it lets the business down.

Read about your awful time at work.Hope things improve BG.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Personally, I don't think Jill came across that well tonight. From the very beginning and throughout the whole programme her demeanour was aggressive towards B&T.

B&T had their faults but they weren't arsey-faced and rude like Jill was. She was sitting next to Ben with a face that would curdle cream whenever he / Tom spoke.

Although I liked her and think she really did come across as a good host in many ways, I though Jill was very defensive from the start. Let's face it her place is unacceptable to many these days and she probably knew it and being in compettiion with some very smart operations. Much as I disliked the snotty Tomasina, a request for semi skimmed is not out of ine and needn't have been met like that. I'm afraid I can't stand full cream milk: I only ever have a little skimmed on my porridge! However I suspect that there was a lot more off screen with B&T's behaviour coloured their actions. I mean the things Ben said about Jason were dreadful..did they get a hint?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marthaa wrote: »

Do we have the usual stereotypes next week; Mrs Bucket, Mr & Mr Gay Blokes, Mr & Mrs Posh Accent, Mr Common-as-Muck Business Man & sidekick and of course the General Pratts?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Do we have the usual stereotypes next week; Mrs Bucket, Mr & Mr Gay Blokes, Mr & Mrs Posh Accent, Mr Common-as-Muck Business Man & sidekick and of course the General Pratts?

Certainly seems to be a forumula:D

Then there is Blackpool as a regualr..still there's an awful lot B&Bs there!
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,680
    Forum Member
    Morning All, or Afternoon
    Am disappointed as I wrote something for the Ch4 page and it seems to have disappeared into the ether. No reason why it shouldn't have been published, so there must have been a technical hitch this end.

Many thanks for that BG, are you feeling any better today?
    Lizaj wrote: »
    ... I though Jill was very defensive from the start. Let's face it her place is unacceptable to many these days and she probably knew it and being in compettiion with some very smart operations.

...However I suspect that there was a lot more off screen with B&T's behaviour coloured their actions.

I'm cutting Gill some slack because I think it was just her natural defences making her prickly.
    She's on her own and has obviously made some big changes in her life, so fair play to her.
    I don't think Ben was totally unappreciative of that fact, but at the end of the day, her place is what it is.

I think his friend took any requests to scour for faults rather too much to heart >/tongue-cheek<

I'm really not looking forward to yet another two-gay-guys-in-Blackpool-with-nightly-entertainment-laid-on-venue.
    I think Julia in Benidorm finally did for me and that kind of place is a 4inaB cliché now.
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the lineup for next week:

http://thewinterbourne.com/

http://www.wizardsthatch.co.uk/

http://www.northriselodgehastings.co.uk/

[url]http://www.the-salutation.com/[/url][/QUOTE]

This one looks rather posh...can`t wait till Monday to have a gander :D:D

hope next weeks a better week BG
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I'm really not looking forward to yet another two-gay-guys-in-Blackpool-with-nightly-entertainment-laid-on-venue.
    I think Julia in Benidorm finally did for me and that kind of place is a 4inaB cliché now.

Oh, how true! Julia in Benidorm. Now, there was a memorable character - and for all the wrong reasons :eek:. The good thing about that particular week was the young couple in Spain who won. I only remember cos they originally came from 20 miles away from where I live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning All, or Afternoon
    Am disappointed as I wrote something for the Ch4 page and it seems to have disappeared into the ether. No reason why it shouldn't have been published, so there must have been a technical hitch this end.

I'm cutting Gill some slack because I think it was just her natural defences making her prickly.
    She's on her own and has obviously made some big changes in her life, so fair play to her.
    I don't think Ben was totally unappreciative of that fact, but at the end of the day, her place is what it is.

I think his friend took any requests to scour for faults rather too much to heart >/tongue-cheek<

I think Julia in Benidorm finally did for me and that kind of place is a 4inaB cliché now

BIB The on-site showbar which stars one of the owners! One of the gay guys from a couple of weeks ago said he was in West end musicals for years. I looked him up and he was! He had some decent parts too! So maybe the guy from The Winterbourne is an ex-West Ender or he could be just a wannabe.

Wizard's Thatch. Hope that's not a euphemism. :eek:;):D Also hope it's not full of stuff from Harry Potter, Merlin etc and crystals.

The other 2 places look rather posh, esp. the last one.

As we all know, it's the owners who make or break a place on FIAB, so prepare to be Wicked, get out your broomsticks and polish yer Ps and Qs!
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    The Winterbourne looks quite decent from the outside on Streetview, I just hope Blackpool weren't playing at home when they filmed because Bloomfield Rd is right at the end of their street. The rooms look small but quite nice (and they are en-suite, which is good). Their website though is awful, I'm not sure hiding your address at the bottom of one page is the right way to go for a hotel!

Wizard Thatch is another one that hides it address on it's website, along with the tariff. I can't see their breakfast going down well - either serve yourself continental from a fridge in your room which they charge extra for, or walk down to the village.

Northrise Lodge looks lovely on their website, and the rates seem reasonable (although they also charge extra for breakfast).

The Salutation also looks lovely, but is too expensive for me(although at least the from £160 includes breakfast).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I see the Winterbourne and Northrise Lodge have already mentioned their appearance on the show on their websites.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

hooter wrote: »
    hope next weeks a better week BG

Thanks. The dust is starting to settle so hopefully next week will be better (although I'm at an offsite meeting all week).

It seems that perhaps I havent escaped everything just yet...maybe another "phase" later on in the year, but at the moment, there's no point worrying as there's nothing I can do.

Will hopefully try and get home in time next week, as I'm offsite I'm not sure if I'll get home by 5 :(
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member

Wizard Thatch is another one that hides it address on it's website, along with the tariff. I can't see their breakfast going down well - either serve yourself continental from a fridge in your room which they charge extra for, or walk down to the village.

I was just thinking the same about the breakfast when looking at the Wizard's Sleeve, sorry Wizard's Thatch website
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Winterbourne looks quite decent from the outside on Streetview, I just hope Blackpool weren't playing at home when they filmed because Bloomfield Rd is right at the end of their street. The rooms look small but quite nice (and they are en-suite, which is good). Their website though is awful, I'm not sure hiding your address at the bottom of one page is the right way to go for a hotel!

Wizard Thatch is another one that hides it address on it's website, along with the tariff. I can't see their breakfast going down well - either serve yourself continental from a fridge in your room which they charge extra for, or walk down to the village. Northrise Lodge looks lovely on their website, and the rates seem reasonable (although they also charge extra for breakfast). The Salutation also looks lovely, but is too expensive for me(although at least the from £160 includes breakfast).

Surely it's not a B&B if they don't provide breakfast as standard? In a hotel, I wouldn't presume breakfast is automatically provided, but in a B&B - by it's very name - I definitely would and also for it to be included in the room rate.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,558
    Forum Member
    Watching a previous FIAB on More4 at the moment featuring Eileen the cat lady - and lots of hairs. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Watching a previous FIAB on More4 at the moment featuring Eileen the cat lady - and lots of hairs. :o

I was watching that earlier but had to turn over as my local footie team were playing Chelsea :mad:
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They were a lovely group that week - apart from the annoying Jessica and gimp of a husband.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HI I don't usually comment here but 4 In a Bed is one of my favourite shows, this week was pretty great!

Ellie/Jason's place was my favourite, the design was spot on and totally to my taste.

Terry/Graham also had a fab place, I'd happily fork out what they ask for.

Gill's place was technically the worst for me however she has a wonderful personality and I'd stay just for her hospitality :D

Now Ben/Thomison have a decent place and the pole dancing barn is an incentive for me, however their behaviour throughout the week was off putting and their underpayment of G! Boutique was diabolical.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I emailed G! Boutique earlier today.

I am planning a birthday trip for my best mate and thought we could go and visit G! but looking at their photos, all the rooms seem to be doubles so I have emailed them to see if they have any twins.

Hopefully they'll reply :)
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    They were a lovely group that week - apart from the annoying Jessica and gimp of a husband.

Jessica was a horror. She was very sly and they deserved to come last because of it. She even dissed Bournemouth which is lovely by anybody's standards. I have been to St. Ives many times and like it so much have lived there for a time myself and it is one of my favourite destinations, a fantastic place, but so is Bournemouth. What an unutterable cow.

I think she was miffed because she thought St. Ives would win it for them and was trying to put Bournemouth down because of that. :p

I loved the cat lady's Art Deco bathroom. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I emailed G! Boutique earlier today.

I am planning a birthday trip for my best mate and thought we could go and visit G! but looking at their photos, all the rooms seem to be doubles so I have emailed them to see if they have any twins.

Hopefully they'll reply :)

Maybe when I come into some money I'll stay there too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a reply to my email!!

Dear x

Thanks for your email - we are so pleased you like the hotel! we don't have any twin rooms, we only have double rooms with additional pull out beds. Would this be of any interest to you?

Thanks

Eli Gray
    General Manager

Nice of them to reply so quick! I also told her about this thread in case she wanted to come on and read the (good) comments about the hotel :)
This discussion has been closed.