Super Mario Galaxy 3

Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
Forum Member
I emailed Nintendo with a bunch of ideas for a Super Mario Galaxy 3 if they were to make one, and this was my reply:
We do appreciate all the hard work you put into your idea, however it is our company policy not to accept any product ideas from third parties.

We therefore offer our apologies but, in accordance with our company’s legal restrictions, we cannot accept or retain any diagrams or descriptions of the idea. We hope this does not discourage your interest and enthusiasm shown in the development of computer games and really appreciate the time and effort taken.

We wish you the best of luck and hope you continue to enjoy Nintendo products.

Well, even if they don't listen to our ideas, what are your ideas?

Comments

• alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    'cause some nut would sue them.

I can't see a new galaxy any time soon, maybe bring it back as Super Mario Universe. Games ending in "u" is the new 64.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    I look forward to SucksToBeU.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Least they wrote back.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want them to make another super Mario galaxy. I'd much rather have a Super Mario Sunshine sequel, it's by far my favortie Mario game. I'd rather them do one in the style of sunshine and 64 with a large explorable world hub and large memorable levels. Not hopping about from small planet to planet.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
    Forum Member
    They could do a Super Mario Universe, but in either way I would like to see a third game. First was out in 2007, second in 2010, third would have a provisional release of late 2012/early 2013. Is there any other way I could get these ideas across, and does anyone have anything else they would hope to see?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As alternate said someone nut would sue. That is why David Jaffe stoped twittering for a while
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    I can't see a new galaxy any time soon, maybe bring it back as Super Mario Universe. Games ending in "u" is the new 64.

That's not a bad idea. :)
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think the next Mario could be 2013 but more likely 2014 and will definitely be for Wii U rather than the current Wii. The Wii did very well to get two Mario platformers not all Nintendo systems did (the Gamecube only had Sunshine). Much as I loved the two Mario Galaxy games I think the theme has run its course now and I think Nintendo would be well advised to move onto something new (which I'm sure they will do), Nintendo usually aren't ones for lazy sequels that only change the bare minimum.
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never got into the SMG games, so hopefully not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind a nonlinear game like 64, but I fail to see in what sense Sunshine qualified. The missions could only be completed in order, and often involved tedious and formulaic "chase the Shadow Mario" and "win the race" minigames. The Galaxy games are certainly the most enjoyable Mario titles all around.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    JakeMurrin wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a nonlinear game like 64, but I fail to see in what sense Sunshine qualified. The missions could only be completed in order, and often involved tedious and formulaic "chase the Shadow Mario" and "win the race" minigames. The Galaxy games are certainly the most enjoyable Mario titles all around.

Agree with that, Sunshine is good but it's not really a pure Mario experience imo, it has an infuriating camera in places and the blue coins were just tiresome. It really has nothing on the Galaxy games.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I must admit that I never got all the Shine Sprites in Sunshine. The blue coin hunt was a nonlinear aspect of the game--but it was so aggravating! Sad to say, I just didn't have the patience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forget about Sunshine and Galaxy, a Mario 64 sequel is what we need.
    The castle could be a different shape inside so it wouldn't look too similar to the original one and there would be more paintings to jump through and secret stars to find.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JakeMurrin wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a nonlinear game like 64, but I fail to see in what sense Sunshine qualified. The missions could only be completed in order. The Galaxy games are certainly the most enjoyable Mario titles all around.

Sunshine's a great game. Stunning visuals, memorable music, really fun gameplay and large levels. There were secret levels to be found in the overworld. And the Fluddless bonus levels with the acapella mario bros tune are a challenging treat.

The missions could only be completed in order for continuity and in each episode of each world, the levels were slightly different.

For me the Galaxy games are the least enjoyable.
    Forum Member
    Well, anyone heard anything for next year? Maybe a Super Mario Universe this time, and possibly both on the Wii and Wii U (kind of like the fact Sony still release games for the PS2 despite the fact there's a PS3 out).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated a galaxy. I would like to see a true sequel the 64 game. New castle, new paintings. That for me is the best Mario 3D game. It has to be in the Mushroom Kingdom, nit some beach or galaxy.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I liked mario sunshine, but dear me some of those fludless levels were so infuriating. I'd definitely like to see some sort of 3d mario outing on the wii u as it will look amazing in hd.
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved SMS
    Forum Member
    It's a shame any future Mario games can't be released on the Wii as well as the Wii U.

Maybe a sequel to Super Mario Sunshine would be more preferred?
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    It's a shame any future Mario games can't be released on the Wii as well as the Wii U.

Maybe a sequel to Super Mario Sunshine would be more preferred?
    Thing is, the Wii is over 6 years old now. They need to concentrate on the Wii U to make sure it takes off.
    Forum Member
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    Thing is, the Wii is over 6 years old now. They need to concentrate on the Wii U to make sure it takes off.

They still seem to be releasing games for the PS2 as well as the PS3 so...
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    They still seem to be releasing games for the PS2 as well as the PS3 so...

Third party publishers do because of the huge existing customer base. Nintendo will not as their interest us in pushing the new machine,