What did you buy today: Beauty & Hair Products

Comments

• LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    Scotty2012 wrote: »
    I bleach and tone my hair rather than go to a salon, to save money. This week I bought my supplies and I also got some hair treatments. All prices include P&P.

Bleach and toner products:
    1. L'Oréal Platinum Blue Bleach Paste 500g - £37
    2. L'Oréal Platinum Nutri-Developer 6% 1Ltr - £10.75
    3. L'Oréal Richesse De Diacolour 9.02 x3 - £19
    4. L'Oréal Richesse De Diacolour Developer 1Ltr - £18.50

Hair care treatments:
      [*]Kérastase Masquintense 500ml - £50

[*]ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment - £21

[*]Vidal Sassoon Hood-Dryer (For ApHogee Treatment) - £25

Have you used the Aphogee before - it's a great product, especially for chemically processed hair. I can't take the smell so I rarely use it but you can believe if I was going through some severe breakage this would be the first thing I would pick up. I find Joico K pak works well for me as a good protein treatment.

I love masquintense, particularly when I partner it with Aqua Oleum; I have soft silky hair for days, a total HG product.

I have the same hood dryer too, the portability is handy for when I'm travelling.
    1. Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Lushness wrote: »
      Have you used the Aphogee before - it's a great product, especially for chemically processed hair. I can't take the smell so I rarely use it but you can believe if I was going through some severe breakage this would be the first thing I would pick up. I find Joico K pak works well for me as a good protein treatment.

I love masquintense, particularly when I partner it with Aqua Oleum; I have soft silky hair for days, a total HG product.

I have the same hood dryer too, the portability is handy for when I'm travelling.

Hi Lushness

No I haven't tried ApHogee before. I normally use K-PAK DPR but lately I've been suffering with some breakage around my hairline. I'm trying to grow my hair so I figured the Two-Step would be a good idea seen as I have heavily processed hair. I'm going to do the treatment 1 week before my double process and about a week after to replensish the hair, do you think that's a good idea?

I love Masquintense, I've used it for years and the formula seems to have improved over the past couple of years. I get the salon size tub so it lasts me a longtime. My friends think I'm obscene for spending so much on hair but I remind them that it would cost me about £60 per month to have my hair coloured in a good salon that uses the same products and that is before the additional cost of the treatments on top.
    2. [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I bought some Benefit goodies yesterday. Bought the Facial Polish (stole some off a friend last weekend, the grains are really small and really make your skin fresh and smooth - I can't stop stroking my face :o and I haven't even needed to wear foundation today :D Also got some Erase Paste for the stubborn circles under my eyes and I don't look so damn tired anymore... very pleased with these two!
    3. LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
      Forum Member
      Scotty2012 wrote: »
      Hi Lushness

No I haven't tried ApHogee before. I normally use K-PAK DPR but lately I've been suffering with some breakage around my hairline. I'm trying to grow my hair so I figured the Two-Step would be a good idea seen as I have heavily processed hair. I'm going to do the treatment 1 week before my double process and about a week after to replensish the hair, do you think that's a good idea?

I love Masquintense, I've used it for years and the formula seems to have improved over the past couple of years. I get the salon size tub so it lasts me a longtime. My friends think I'm obscene for spending so much on hair but I remind them that it would cost me about £60 per month to have my hair coloured in a good salon that uses the same products and that is before the additional cost of the treatments on top.

No no, please don't do that. The Aphogee is a VERY strong treatment, one of the strongest available and should be used no more than once every 6/8 weeks, anymore than that and you'll be asking for trouble. I would suggest you use it a week before your double process then maybe a week or two weeks after use a lighter protein like Kpak.

Also you need to ensure that the Aphogee is completely rinsed out as you don't want any of it left in your hair. I used to take a good 15 minutes just rinsing. When you've finished rinsing please use a rich moisture conditioner (like masquintense) because your hair will feel hard and rough from the Aphogee. Leave the conditioner on for about 30 minutes or more if possible.

Once your hair is repaired from the damage you might find that you don't need to use the heavy protein as much, but you should still regularly use some form of protein in your regimen. :)
    4. PrincessChloePrincessChloe Posts: 269
      Forum Member
      Past two weeks I've bought...

Maybeline false lash effect mascara.
      Barry M bubblegum pink lipgloss.
      Badedas bath gelee.
      L'Oreal anti-aging moisterising day cream.
      Bobby pins.
    5. Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      No no, please don't do that. The Aphogee is a VERY strong treatment, one of the strongest available and should be used no more than once every 6/8 weeks, anymore than that and you'll be asking for trouble. I would suggest you use it a week before your double process then maybe a week or two weeks after use a lighter protein like Kpak.

Also you need to ensure that the Aphogee is completely rinsed out as you don't want any of it left in your hair. I used to take a good 15 minutes just rinsing. When you've finished rinsing please use a rich moisture conditioner (like masquintense) because your hair will feel hard and rough from the Aphogee. Leave the conditioner on for about 30 minutes or more if possible.

Once your hair is repaired from the damage you might find that you don't need to use the heavy protein as much, but you should still regularly use some form of protein in your regimen. :)

Thanks, that's good advice. I thought it might be too hardcore to be used so frequently. I will take your advice on board. I was intending on using Masquintense afterwards because as I understand it protein can dry hair.
    6. cold tootsiescold tootsies Posts: 324
      Forum Member
      On a whim I bought a cheap Christmassy nail varnish today. The colour's gorgeous- glittery dark purple:D. Despite using rapid dry spray, applying a top coat and making a concerted effort not to touch anything for 2 hours (:eek:), it's already all chipped and crumbley:confused:.
    7. LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
      Forum Member
      Philosophy Turbo Booster C Powder
      NARS Illuminator
    8. mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
      Forum Member
      On a whim I bought a cheap Christmassy nail varnish today. The colour's gorgeous- glittery dark purple:D. Despite using rapid dry spray, applying a top coat and making a concerted effort not to touch anything for 2 hours (:eek:), it's already all chipped and crumbley:confused:.

I find that with nail varnish these days. :( I did my nails yesterday and they are chipped today.
    9. LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
      Forum Member
      Just bought:-

Kerastase Sublimateur Jour and
      Kerastase Nutri Thermique Masque
    10. [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Two miss sporty nail varnishes in a blue i love; got a free concealer which il just use sparingly on my lips as a base for colour £4 for the varnishes, concealer free saving £2.99

Revlon skin match foundation with a free just bitten tint/ balm. Dont like the colour on tho :( £10 for foundation, saving £8 on free liptint

Heat protect shampoo £2.05 reduced to £1.55 with coupon
      Dove shower gel £3 reduced to 90 p with coupon n half price offer
      Sanex deo £2 reduced to 75 p, reason same as above

Two perfume/ body shimer sets £8 each reduced to 80p each
    11. [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,030
      Forum Member
      I bought some shoes off stylistpix website lovely black chunky heeled maryjanes:) and had my nails done for 25quid bargin as in town would have been 40quid nail extentions gel tips happy days:D
    12. LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
      Forum Member
      Just bought some Chanel Perfection Lumiere, liquid foundation. I hope I don't regret it as the reviews are quite mixed!
    13. TennisFreak08TennisFreak08 Posts: 9,451
      Forum Member
      Boots Permanent Hair Colour in Warm Medium Brown
    14. [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Hair dye. Two eyeluners. Two lipsticks. Three glosses. Two single eye shadows. Obe eyeshadow trio.
    15. daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I didn't think I had bought very much this week, but apparently I have! :eek:

* new bottle of Benefit They're Real! mascara
      * new bottle of Loreal studio secrets anti-shine mattifying primer
      * Estee Lauder pure colour cyber eyes eye shadow
      * YSL Gloss pur lip gloss
      * Garnier Nutrisse hair permanent hair colourant
      * refill of Sanctuary bath float
      * two bottles of Revlon nail polish

oh dear! :o
    16. labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Just bought some Chanel Perfection Lumiere, liquid foundation. I hope I don't regret it as the reviews are quite mixed!

I would be really interested to hear your thoughts on this. I'm too-ing and fro-ing on this or the Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup. There's no Chanel counter in my town, I've seen the mixed reviews too so I've held off going elsewhere to try it!
    17. alisonroadalisonroad Posts: 49
      Forum Member
      Nivea body firming lotion and hand cream ( Nivea rock)
      panty liners
      Nonchalante underarm pads
      Dove fine silk cream wash
    18. TennisFreak08TennisFreak08 Posts: 9,451
      Forum Member
      17 Magnetized Nail Varnish
    19. LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
      Forum Member
      I would be really interested to hear your thoughts on this. I'm too-ing and fro-ing on this or the Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup. There's no Chanel counter in my town, I've seen the mixed reviews too so I've held off going elsewhere to try it!

I really like it, it gives beautiful coverage and lasts aaallll day! I find I have to apply it quite swiftly though as it sets quickly so you do need to be diligent in application, but apart from that I enjoy wearing it. If you don't mind a matte finish rather than dewy you might like it. :)

I bought a load of stuff recently, won't be buying anymore for a while. :o

Cloud Nine straighteners
      Moroccan Oil Treatment
      Moroccan Oil Styling Cream
    20. labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I really like it, it gives beautiful coverage and lasts aaallll day! I find I have to apply it quite swiftly though as it sets quickly so you do need to be diligent in application, but apart from that I enjoy wearing it. If you don't mind a matte finish rather than dewy you might like it. :)

Thankyou for this :) I prefer a matte finish because I have quite an oily complexion anyway. I did buy the Invisible Fluid Makeup, and although its quite good, its a bit too dewy for me - think I might go for this Chanel one on payday!

I went on a bit of a shopping spree last week, I bought quite a bit :o

Real Techniques shading brush and powder brush
      Urban Decay eyeshadow in Sin
      Touche Eclat in No 2
      Mac softsac make up bag
      Mac mirror
      Benefit They're Real mascara
      Nars blush in orgasm

Thats me done for the next few weeks!
    21. LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
      Forum Member
      Thankyou for this :) I prefer a matte finish because I have quite an oily complexion anyway. I did buy the Invisible Fluid Makeup, and although its quite good, its a bit too dewy for me - think I might go for this Chanel one on payday!

I went on a bit of a shopping spree last week, I bought quite a bit :o

Real Techniques shading brush and powder brush
      Urban Decay eyeshadow in Sin
      Touche Eclat in No 2
      Mac softsac make up bag
      Mac mirror
      Benefit They're Real mascara
      Nars blush in orgasm

Thats me done for the next few weeks!

I love this blush it's gorgeous! :)
    22. RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
      Forum Member