original wii

gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We Are thinking of picking up an old pre owned wii. About 19.99 ive seen them. Mainly for my daughter to just play in her bedroom. Hopefully pick up some pre owned games for cheapness too.

My question really is are there many duffer systems around and a particular thing to look for ?

Comments

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    We Are thinking of picking up an old pre owned wii. About 19.99 ive seen them. Mainly for my daughter to just play in her bedroom. Hopefully pick up some pre owned games for cheapness too.

My question really is are there many duffer systems around and a particular thing to look for ?

The wii is a pretty reliable piece of kit so I wouldn't worry about getting a defective unit!!! They usually come guaranteed anyway! :)
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ta. We bought one and seems fine so far.

THis is our 3rd wii since launch now. This one isnt getting traded.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to remember (maybe mistakenly) that you could get demos off the nintendo channel. Did they stop that or was it DS only or am I imagining it?
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,418
    Forum Member
    The demos are in the Wii Shop Channel, I'm not sure whether they stay forever or are only available for a limited time however (certainly the latter used to be true).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I agree the Wii is a very solid bit of kit. I've had mine since very early on in its life cycle and it's still fine, and we bought a second hand one for about £30 a while ago from CEX in fantastic condition for the kids room and that's been trouble free too.

I get to say "well my Wii is gathering dust", but only because it's dusty under our telly. It's always on! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In game they had the original balance board and wii fit for 9.99. Might pick that up next time im in town....seems rude not to at that price
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the games still hold their price dont they. Was looking at mario bros,the one in red case and still seems to be 22-25 most places
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wii's are so cheap now it's unreal I got offered £5 from cash generators so I decided to keep it for now I don't know what to do with it, it's a great time to get one and try some exclusives.

And don't worry they are very reliable, enjoy :)
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when gaming was much simpler, the good old Wii.

all we are left with is next gen nastiness
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love both the wii and wii u.... cos my son can play his game on the tablet thing... and I can watch tv :)