NCIS renewed for Season 11!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good love this show and knows its going to have to end at some point but glad its not just yet. I just hope Cota signs up as I dont think the show would be the same without Ziva.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to get rid of that speccy freak in autopsy, Ducky needs a wingman not a ugly fat faced moron
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly surprising really, considering the ratings it gets over there. I do find it a struggle to watch nowadays, even though i've watched it from the start. The 'case of the week' format is far too rigidly adhered to for my liking.

Part of me thinks i've stuck with it for this long, I might as well stick it out, but then if there's going to be another year of it, I don't know ..
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need to get rid of that speccy freak in autopsy, Ducky needs a wingman not a ugly fat faced moron

Hey !! :mad:

I gave a cheer when they made Palmer a series regular, it was about-time-too after being an also-starring member for ~150eps. :D
  • richparrrichparr Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Great news, and leave Palmer alone! :)
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH. There's only one thing, that interests me in NCIS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    TBH. There's only one thing, that interests me in NCIS.

Abbey ?! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must be a mind reader. ;)

I'm not a huge fan of the Goth look but, in her case, I'll make an exception. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes you wonder if they would have cancelled the show if Mark Harmon hadn't signed on ?
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Never in doubt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Never in doubt.

ratings-wise, of course not. it redefines the word 'powerhouse'. but since harmon appears to hold the future of the show in his hands, what would they have done if he'd said no ?
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,051
    Forum Member
    ratings-wise, of course not. it redefines the word 'powerhouse'. but since harmon appears to hold the future of the show in his hands, what would they have done if he'd said no ?

They replaced Will Peterson with Ted Danson in CSI so it can be done. However in CSI it was not as focused on the lead as it is in NCIS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

-> :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    They replaced Will Peterson with Ted Danson in CSI so it can be done. However in CSI it was not as focused on the lead as it is in NCIS.

I think Danson has been fantastic in CSI. I was actually quite set against him when he was initially announced, but the character totally fits the show now for me.

But you're right that the focus is different for NCIS though. I actually think it could be an interesting direction for the show if Harmon eventually said no, but they renewed it anyway and killed Gibbs off.

You could have one final season with that storyline running through it and close it out with the big whodunnit. They could still potentially get Harmon back for some odd flashback episodes, but i do think it would make for interesting viewing.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would have preferred they cancelled it if he said no. Ten seasons would have been a good run before risking a Gibbs-less show.
  • duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally - I'm chuffed that the show continues. ;)
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course you are.

Now get back to autopsy before Palmer makes a mess of things!.....:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see a problem with replacing a character, even a major character.

They did it in CSI.

Just so long as they don't continue the character, with a different actor. :rolleyes:
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of the Goth look but, in her case, I'll make an exception. :cool:
    That's a nice picture, partly because it hides most of her tattoos.
  • duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Of course you are.

Now get back to autopsy before Palmer makes a mess of things!.....:)

I'm still recovering from my heart attack - it might take some time to get there. :D
  • suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too another 10 seasons please lol.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They may have done it in CSI but NCIS is currently performing twice as well as CSI.

Unfortunately, with a third show on the way, it looks like NCIS is going to be dragged out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    That's a nice picture, partly because it hides most of her tattoos.

It's a nice picture because she is SMOKING HOT. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    They may have done it in CSI but NCIS is currently performing twice as well as CSI.

The point I'm making is, you don't have to scrap a show, just because an actor (even a major actor) quits.
  • emmalou78emmalou78 Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:) Me too, love the name by the way!

All the cast are great and even after all these years, still love the show and happy there will be a Season 11.