[GAME] Battle Of The Seasons 2 [Live Show 2]

SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Previously on Battle Of The Seasons, we were introduced to the Top 16 acts from four different Series and they sung live for the first time. However in a cruel twist, four acts left the competition which turned out to be Mary Byrne and Katie Wassail from the "10 class and Eoghan Quigg & Alexandra Burke from the "08 class. Tonight, our Top 12 are about to get cheesy because it's Eurovision night, so expect some crazy moments, some top-notch performances, some neighborhood scoring and just about everything else in between.

Speaking of which, fighting for your votes are:

jackamakka & The 2010 Class
Aiden Grimshaw
The Reason

Wong_Billabong & The 2008 Class
Rachel Hylton
JLS

fireemblemcraze & The 2012 Class
Adam Burridge
Ella Henderson
Melanie Masson
MK1

yohinnchild & The 2011 Class
Max Vickers
Melanie McCabe
Johnny Robinson
Little Mix

So welcome everyone to our Eurovision show, where later tonight, we'll have a special guest performance.
But first, let's hope the judges are here, can you confirm your presence!

Comments

• yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    I'm here./.. may have to go for like 10 minutes in a bit... nbut will catch up :)
    Forum Member
    i'll be back on at half past :)
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, Roxie won't be here for the first half but I have her comments ready and our mystery judge has gone AWOL.

Opening the show with Sweden's entry from this year, it's JLS!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxUEcqgSqk0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxie's comment

JLS

OOOO! Ma boys, I think that song was such a perfect song. I loved it. That was so suitable for your voices. The only problem is that it didn’t feel like a group performance and felt like an Aston performance with a bunch of backing singers. However, the harmonies from the back singers were solid and it was a catchy song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed your post, hope you get back on soon, David.

So JLS get huge praise for opening the show, but will they get the votes to go with it?

Next up from the "11 class with Denmark's entry from 2011, it's Max Vickers!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7_PGOmms4Q
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxie's Comment

Max

I thought that was a very interesting performance. It was a very funky arrangement and kept me interested throughout. It was interesting choice of lyrics but I’m not going to hold that against you . It was brilliant darlin’! *Claps* I feel your mentor is taking you in the right direction.
    Forum Member
    I'm back noww - sorry just nabbed some dinner
    Forum Member
    JLS
    I think this theme is going to spring up a few surprises and car crashes, however I thought that was actually a very good song choice for you as a group and about 100 times better than your first performance. I loved the individual vocals and I loved the harmonies coming into the chorus. Definately a strong night for you and George has clearly upped his game from the last show. Well Done.

Max Vickers
    A bit of a difference from your first performance and one where I think it helped you show off your stage presence. Yes some of the lyrics could be construed as a bit cheesy, but it is Eurovision and you totally pulled it off. The vocals were brillint and you impessed me tonight with the passion you put into it. I hope people continue to support you and vote you through to next week!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Max gets a good reception, but will he still be safe?

Now over to the "12 class with Austria's entry from 2011, it's Ella Henderson!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc13B1ofQS4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxie's Comment

Ella

Ella! Honey! I loved that song and I loved the vocals! Wow! You can power through any song and with that incredible vibrato, you can do any song. I wanted a song which not only matched your vocals but showed off that amazing vocal ability with that vibrato and range! Those high notes at the end – people check after 2:00! WOW! You reached that high and then some. It was beautiful.
    Forum Member
    Ella Henderson
    The beginning part of that song was really great; just your voice and the emotion of the song. As songs go I wasn't really a fan of it; however you did sing it very well and managed to pour all your emotions into it and boy did you hit the power coming into the chorus. Another strong performance from you; well done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Ella gave it her all and she stormed it indeed.

Now this is the one that a certain fan has waited for, with Iceland's entry from 2010, it's Johnny Robinson!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYvhjRM_13I
    Note: The song is 98% English and has been approved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxie's Comment

Johnny

Hahaha! I know a judge shouldn’t be laughing but I am laughing in such a good way Johnny. That was such an incredible performance! Johnny – you are in your element with this theme aren’t you? :D It was well suited to your soft vocals and Eurodance is very Johnny Robinson. I can also imagine these are lyrics you would sing to Gary Barlow (I can’t blame you – I would too, ahhh Gary! <3). Anyway, Johnny, I really enjoyed that. If anything, you definitely have the entertainment factor!
    Forum Member
    Johnny Robinson
    Johnny! That is how you do Eurovision. I feel expectations were a bit through the roof as to what you were going to tackle for this theme and maybe it wasn't the all out cheesefest taht many wanted it to be, however I wanted this performance to show again your amazing vocals and your performance skills, which I feel it did. You rocked it tonight and I hope the level of the support you have picked up stays with you into the vote.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a performance from Johnny and the audience were going crazy with that one!

Onto the next act and with Iceland's entry from 2011, it's The Reason!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY2l00PC0JA&
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxie's Comment

The Reason

Ah! This night is so interesting so much different from the insanity I was expecting (seeing as Eurovision itself is insane!). It was very classy. I liked the group singing along too. However, was this really a star performance? No, it was a very ‘sit around the fire’ sing along performance. I didn’t see any of the star quality I saw in that first performance of yours!
    Forum Member
    The Reason
    I was bit unsure of that as a song choice for you as a group as I don't really think it fitted in anyway with how I see you as a group. I think you are a pretty popular group and will pull in the votes this evening but I hope in the themes to come that we will see something better suited to you. Good luck tonight guys.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it was a risk for The Reason, but it has mostly paid off well for them.

Back to the "12 class and with Ireland's entry from this year, it's Adam Burridge!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YGuX7e0Ors
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxie's Comment

Adam

This was really interesting Adam. I wanted to get a song which would be up tempo or dancey since Mr Grumpy Mystery Judge hates having you sing ballads or slower versions of songs. I really enjoyed it. You got it so into it and when you do those vocals shine. I think this type of music actually suits you quite well and this song especially! Vote for Adam!
    Forum Member
    Adam Burridge
    I think that song was a bit of a risk and whilst I think your vocal was ok I don't think that song choice was really you. I have to commend you for coming out here and doing something a little bit different, however for me the risk didn't totally work for you, I appreciate the theme probably goes against who you are as an act though. Good luck tonight in the voting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Adam gets mixed comments, will he be in trouble later tonight?

Past the halfway point and next up with UK's entry from 2002, is Melanie McCabe!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjQtOA0G4dE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxie's Comment

Melanie McC

Wow! Again a very interesting choice and a good one in my opinion…the song definitely suited that tone in your voice and it really brought out those vocals especially with that chorus. However, it was nothing special, on a bonkers theme like this I wanted to see you doing something a bit more crazy…not even that, rather I want you to let loose. Have some fun. If you ever get a chance like this, I would really like you to do that. But otherwise really nice Melanie!
    Forum Member
    Melanie McCabe
    You totally rocked the first live show and this performance was just as great. You have such amazing power in your voice and you never fail to deliver a killer vocal. I guess some of the judges could argue it was along the same lines as the first live show; personally I wanted you to sing this song as I thought you sounded amazing next time (if there is a next time) I will pick something more uptemo. Please vote Melanie - She's Amazing :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's good comments overall for Melanie McCabe, will she get the chance to let loose in the next show?

Next up with the UK's entry from 2009, it's Rachel Hylton!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UukWe_bEJ6s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxie's Comment

Rachel

Rachel, I really liked the vocals. I really loved the sound and it was so sweet. I also actually quite enjoyed the lyrics. I definitely did not expect you to do this kind of performance. However, that awesome and incredible grit you have in your voice, where was it? I want to hear your soul! That’s all I need in your performance. It didn’t feel like you singing it unfortunately.