Hebburn (BBC2)

shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else watching? Looking quite good and nice to see the blonde from Fresh Meat in something else.

Comments

• KatanaBladeKatanaBlade Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently it's a comedy... Just waiting for the laughs to start. Pretty weak all said and done.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed a few times but on the whole it was poor. I so wanted it to be good as well.
  • Clarkie66Clarkie66 Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a mixture of hilarious and terrible and I did laugh out loud quite a few times so I'll be watching again next week. I thought Vic Reeves was really good and quite touching in his relatively straight role.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A little hit and miss, but I thought there was plenty to build on. Interesting characters and setting.

Tentative thumbs up from me.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to disagree. Plenty of great characters. A sort of Geordie Gavin and Stacy. Loved it.

That was post 2 I was talking about.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Caught a bit of it. Load of crap.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    It had moments mainly when it was just the family together but it fell apart with all the supporting characters, they should have kept in the house like the brilliant Grandma's House, although even then it probably wouldn't have been that much better.

Probably won't watch next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will definitely watch next week though, there was some promise there most definitely.
  • grimpygrimpy Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought it was rubbish.
  • twinchassis88twinchassis88 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have terible taste.

I thought it was brilliant!
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I thought it was pretty good. Some interesting characters established, a smattering of backstory and a few real laugh out loud moments. I particularly liked the business with the bagels.

Looking forward to more.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member
    Loved it, some moments were hilarious and the song at the end had me in hysterics-Quite promising that there looks to be some light and shade too with Vic Reeves and definately agree it has a bit of a Gavin and Stacey Vibe about it-Hopefully it'll grow from here but imo one of the best BBC comedy pilots in a while :D
  • LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is Gavin & Stacey just set elsewhere. I enjoyed it. :)
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    I laughed at some bits, my mum also thought it was similar to tone and style to Gavin and Stacey, and I noticed in the credits, it's got the same director as Gavin and Stacey.
  • The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    I thought it was great.
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure how far they can take it, but I laughed out loud in parts, and quite took to the characters. Definitely watch next week.

Loved Mum. And the bagels. And Gran. And the sister. And the toilet.

C'mon. It was great.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Clarkie66 wrote: »
    I thought it was a mixture of hilarious and terrible and I did laugh out loud quite a few times so I'll be watching again next week. I thought Vic Reeves was really good and quite touching in his relatively straight role.

Reeves.....I couldnt remember his name :DOn the credits it came up as Jim Moir his real name.
    I quite liked it bit slow but put it on series link.
  • SamsMamSamsMam Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I liked it. Not a laugh out loud comedy for me, but it did make me smile :) The characters were good and it has potential. Will watch it next week.

Coming from a neighbouring town, it was weird seeing places in Hebburn you actually recognise.
  • sparkie70sparkie70 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As another poster said a bit of a Gavin & Stacey feel to it. I thought it was OK if a bit short on laughs at times however the cast is good. I be watching next week.
  • caraxcarax Posts: 3,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamsMam wrote: »
    I liked it. Not a laugh out loud comedy for me, but it did make me smile :) The characters were good and it has potential. Will watch it next week.

Sums up my thoughts on it, pretty much. Though Vic Reeves retiring and having a dodgy heart made me feel rather old. :eek:
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It made me smile. I'll probably watch it again. And Hebburn's not that far from me.I know one or two characters who are like fat Keith!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did giggle when I saw on a TV guide that Hebburn is "a fictional town" :D

Don't live far from there myself and know loads who live there. Can't wait to find out what they thought of it :D
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carax wrote: »
    Sums up my thoughts on it, pretty much. Though Vic Reeves retiring and having a dodgy heart made me feel rather old. :eek:

Ah yes, I remember the first Big Night Out about 22 years ago if I'm not mistaken. And I remember thinking what the hell is this! But it did make me laugh.

I especially liked Les and his fear of chives. :)
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I laughed at some bits, my mum also thought it was similar to tone and style to Gavin and Stacey, and I noticed in the credits, it's got the same director as Gavin and Stacey.

Wasn't the bar maid in Gavin and Stacey?
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    Wasn't the bar maid in Gavin and Stacey?

No, I don't think so.

I liked the fact that Les loved spirit levels and hated chives!