F1 Coverage - The Verdict: 2013 Season

Comments

• DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariusuk wrote: »
    I only noticed "Gorsjean"

Check again then, Arius - it seems Mr. Gorsjean had a Prancing Horse at his disposal ;)
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    Looks like i'll be watching in SD as im not getting a satellite signal for the HD channel right now :(
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fine here - though having come home from Solihull with visibility nearly at zero just before midnight I feel for your satellite dish stefmeister!
    Forum Member
    DanielF wrote: »
    Fine here - though having come home from Solihull with visibility nearly at zero just before midnight I feel for your satellite dish stefmeister!
    Red Button feeds suffering from some break-up as well sadly.

The LNB I got to replace the 1 that failed last year ain't as good & does seem to suffer more in poor weather, Will have to look at getting a better 1 i guess.

Signal on SD channel starting to go now as well :(
    Forum Member
    Problem fixed for now.

Noticed a lot of snow build-up on the dish & LNB arm, Grabbed the mob out the kitchen & used it to clear the snow off my dish & got the signal back :cool:

Race control online isn't working.
  • LiamCarbinLiamCarbin Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Problem fixed for now.

Noticed a lot of snow build-up on the dish & LNB arm, Grabbed the mob out the kitchen & used it to clear the snow off my dish & got the signal back :cool:

Race control online isn't working.

Same here, thought it was my computer playing up. :( I want the pit lane feed
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Race Control not working online but is working on the red button.
  • airfixairfix Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reception problems here, have had to come online to watch FP1.
  • dansusdansus Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like i'll be watching in SD as im not getting a satellite signal for the HD channel right now :(
    airfix wrote: »
    Reception problems here, have had to come online to watch FP1.

Im getting the 10fps problem on SkyGo, seems its not a new problem as theres long thread from.. Malaysia 2012.. :confused:
  • Ambient SheepAmbient Sheep Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wbm00 wrote: »
    Suzi Perry tweeted to say they're remixing the BBC titles in response to feedback about loud engine noises over The Chain:

https://twitter.com/suziperry/status/314617049139789824

Yay, well done the BBC! Thanks for listening...
    Forum Member
    Race control messages on the pits channel are coming up in different colors.
  • pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A slightly 'Skeleton team' for FP1 with Lazenby not with anyone at all. No Damon, Brundle or Ant. Croft/Herbert in the box.
    Forum Member
    Seems there's still no 16:9 graphics feed for GP2.

Graphics have had a bit of a revamp though.

Font's a bit on the small side which I can see been an issue on SDTV & web streams.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8956/capturempgsnapshot11532.jpg
    http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3714/capturempgsnapshot15262.jpg
    http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3975/capturempgsnapshot09172.jpg
  • hobnob_monsterhobnob_monster Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teeny tiny pixie graphics for GP2. Good job I've got my contacts in.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as well I gave P1 a miss by the sound of it.
    Forum Member
    Online race control still not working :rolleyes:
  • davedpgdavedpg Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For some reason, 5 Live Sports Extra has disappeared from my radio
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Activate something passively?

To me. passive means something that is not active and something that uses a sensor and changes something else ain't passive.
  • kirstiemcnabbkirstiemcnabb Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    The new Sky Sports F1 show 'F1 Midweek Report': http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8578687/f1-midweek-report Except no one knows about it, because:

a) it is not in the schedules once
    b) they have not promoted it on their main Twitter feed

This was on sky sports app race control midweek.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Great commentary and reaction from Will in gp2
    Some good and bad driving too

Did not have a problem with the changed graphics myself
  • coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sounds like Ted asking the questions in the press conference?
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisf1fan wrote: »
    It was mentioned on the Sky Sports F1 Facebook page a dayy or 2 ago.
    This was on sky sports app race control midweek.

Just spotted the first one - a bit odd how they promoted it on Facebook, but not Twitter.
    sounds like Ted asking the questions in the press conference?

It was James Allen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I know it's not really broadcasting related but I find it a great shame that the comments on Lewis Hamilton's BBC column have already descended into snipes and arguments over tax:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21885280

Given that Lewis is by no means the only [British] F1 driver to live in Monaco I have to wonder what it is about Lewis specifically that makes some people consistently single him out for criticism.
  • BenFranklinBenFranklin Posts: 5,814
    Forum Member
    wbm00 wrote: »
    Given that Lewis is by no means the only [British] F1 driver to live in Monaco I have to wonder what it is about Lewis specifically that makes some people consistently single him out for criticism.

If you're going to attend a PR photoshoot at a children's hospital, expect people to point out that your tax arrangements mean children's hospitals in the UK miss out on money.
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't of mattered if it was Lewis, Jenson, Di Resta etc......any F1 driver who lives abroad is going to get hammered on those boards. Unfortunately it's symptomatic of many BBC articles that the ranty 'DM' style posters hijack the topic onto something else. I remember one recently where a photographer was discussing how he took various shots at the Olympics.....cue the top rated comments about how the Olympics was an expensive waste, the atheletes were revealing in the afterglow too much....basically anything but the article in question.

I'm quite surprised it went down the tax angle to be honest, I was expecting it to descend into another LH vs JB fanboi ruck.

Then again it is after budget day, probably to be expected. As a matter of sheer curiosity I wonder how much tax is earned off the back of Lewis Hamilton merchandise in the UK, see if any way it balances it out (or makes some effort). I suspect the loss of tax vs tax raised will be disproportionate in favour of monies earned via merchandising. I believe there was something called the Hamilton effect and how his introduction into the sport and the ensuing LH vs JB pairing reinvigorated the F1 market in the UK and much money was made off the back of it. I full well can see why people would say he's a tax shirker, but I wonder how the actual facts play out.

I think what harmed Lewis with the tax saga and singles him out is:

1. He's arguably the most newsworthy British driver, the press do seem to enjoy needling him more than say JB or PDR. People like don't winners in this country, add in some confidence and it's all downhill.

2. Lewis wasn't upfront enough about his original move to Switzerland, it later drip fed out that reducing his tax bill was part of his motivations to move away. He if was straight up and said he thinks he'd pay too much tax I think he'd of gotten less grief for it.

3. F1 is percieved as a rich mans sport, the rich aren't in favour at the moment.

4. It's Lewis Hamilton, some people just dislike for being him.
This discussion has been closed.