ANTM Cycle 18: British Invasion Premieres Tonight in America

Comments

• dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, I only saw half of this, missed the first bit of it, so will watch that bit soon. I dunno what Kyle or anything had said or anything, but all the girls annoyed me to do with that.

Really liked the photo shoot, my favourite one so far, although with what we had first two weeks, I'm not surprised.

I was ok with the call out order, the bottom 2 was completely right, although I would've liked to see Seymone leave. Sophie should've been way higher, was one of my favourite pictures, and I like Azmarie's should've been 3 or 4 places lower, with Laura first called out.

This episode has really told me, that I really want Miss J back on the panel. Have something funny, along with very serious Kelly :p:p. Although it really seems, that he was just put on the panel kinda, cause they couldnt find anyone else. Im not complaining though :D
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's up with Eboni? She seemed like a nice girl the prior to these episodes... :o Its like she's rebelling...

Candace, while generally looks good, does not take good photos. Kyle is meh aswell. The girls attacking her over the focus group (ouch! "I don't like the African accent") was wrong as even if she was bad, it wasn't like she won/said herself she was all the shizzzzzz.

Laura should have got first callout. Azmarie was very overrated today. Those lips were like sausages!
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just got to say Tyra Banks is so f-ing hypocritical it's not even funny.

First of all, Eboni was so bitchy in regards to Kyle. However, in saying that, I honestly think it was edited that way to make Kyle looked attack. I doubt Eboni and Alisha out of nowhere told Kyle upfront she was shit and they were better. It was as though Kyle had probably said first how she thought she did crap etc.

Then the photoshoot, sorry but I still stand by my decision that Catherine should have got FCO. Whatever Kelly said, Catherine looked stunning. I'm not even a fan of Kyle but damn she looked great. Was I the only one who thought she looked like a younger Dominique? Laura looked great too and I think she looked a bit like Amanda Swafford from Cycle 3. AzMarie...overrated. Her lips looked terrible. Also Alisha looked great at panel, but in her picture her teeth and mouth looked odd.

In saying that, they got the bottom 2 right. Imo, Candace should have stayed. Seymone just looked like a big girl plomped on the side of the car. She was only looking at the camera as well. You could at least see that Candace was trying in hers and wanted her place in the competition. They should have sent Seymones fiercely real ass home. I dunno why they keep mentioning her first photo, it was crap and didn't deserve FCO. Seymone thinks too much of herself when she said the Brits had to step it up... maybe she should think about herself first.

It annoyed me that when Candace mentioned about someone wanting to quit, it was like Tyra looked at Kyle and said "I don't know who that is" and then mentioned that it's brought down to what happens after the photoshoot... yet Tyra will send home someone because of a photoshoot, or on set. Pfft It's getting too hypocritical. It really is double standards with Tyra. I think Candace problem is she always looks so serious. When they showed her montage, she looked great in her makeover shot, she was happy. She looks like someone who would do one of them military boot camp training things lol.

On a side note.. Why was Sophie's hair blonde again? :confused: Also I thought Miss J was awesome, :p replace Kelly with him. Laura seems like the only person who does anything different with her outfit when she comes to panel.

Sorry rant over :p
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was weird because seeing the pics before the episode, I thought Sophie would get a good critique. I think she deserved to get placed a bit higher, and Azmarie a bit lower also. Laura's pic was best though.

Don't really like Kelly at all anymore. I feel like she just tries to be bitchy for the sake of it.

Seymone was the worst. But Candace I was okay with going also.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Okay so this episode kind of showed how much Tyra is wanting the US girls to stay ahead at the moment. The bottom two was right, but having a huge clusterf*ck of UK girls towards the bottom was rather off. Seemed like the judges were overly picky about their pictures, especially Sophie's and Catherine's. AzMarie's wasn't that great, I think Tyra's actually quite frustrated how average AzMarie's performance is but won't admit it.

Agree Candace should have stayed, she had a stunning face and body. Seymone reminds me of Whitney from cycle 8 but a much more unsophisticated, unbalanced version.

Kelly seemed right miserable at panel. lol still mad about Louise perhaps.

I can understand why some girls were annoyed about Kyle messing up and still getting positive feedback that she's likeable. But taking it out on Kyle was wrong, just made them look jealous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dunno why, but I'm starting to find Seymone quite unlikeable. Thank God Jessica Rabbit is only animation... because Tyra comparing Seymone to Jessica was quite... remarkable:p Though I agree she does look very much like Cycle 8 Whitney, but she was very likeable.

Also it's good to see that it's quite obvious (despite the segregation) that both sides get on. When they were lined up at the challenge, you had Americans and Brits mingled, and also seen Annaleise and Candace getting on.

Tyra is really pushing for an American to win though, and I won't be surprised if it's AzMarie that wins since she's getting that much praise for okay-ish photos. The Brits are actually coming across as the underdogs in this cycle rather than the front runners. I very much agree that Laura and AzMarie are the frontrunners on the American side, whereas Sophie and Catherine are leading the Brits. In saying that, part of me thinks Catherine won't even make it over seas because she's getting pushed back a lot in each episode airtime-wise
    Forum Member
    I'd say Candace is actually more like Jessica Rabbit, especially in the face. Seymone certainly does not have the slinky figure that Jessica has. ;)
    It's kind of ironic the winner gets a single because to me Candace had the look and attitude of an r&b singer, she reminds me of Brandy.

The girls hearing the focus group's comments was a 'watching through your fingers' moment. :eek:

What was up with Eboni this episode? We finally managed to seperate Eboni and Candace once and for all, but neither for positive reasons. One was eliminated and the other was complaining all the time. lol

One thing I am pleased about is that Laura is continuously whooping arse and making it look easy. I have a feeling though that the judges are simply waiting to come down on her, as I don't think she's been tested yet. She's just breezed through it so far. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Annaleise and Laura have been putting up their own recaps from the episode. It's actually quite good to see how down to the earth Laura is, and how manipulative the show becomes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgQXv78eW_A&feature=channel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOGvghXAmmg&feature=plcp&context=C431208cVDvjVQa1PpcFObUR2OGFofz_uIIeQtR-uRJDhzNtaFL2M=

I also seen a video from Sophie saying the pink hair dye fades really easily and that it was practically gone after 2 washes so that explains why she's blonde lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite liking Annaleise's blogs :o

Wow at the focus group... :o
  • Ashfield22121Ashfield22121 Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura's second video was so sad :(

I have a new found respect for her and really want her to do well. It seems like she had a really rough time before the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also found new respect for Laura during this. It kinda sounds like ANTM is a regret to her. And she does seem like a very serious person despite the way they're portraying her on the show. Also I do enjoy Annaleise's videos she's fun and she does at least give a lot of info surrounding it all. One thing I actually really liked hearing was Laura's opinion of Louise.. it makes me feel that Louise really was being pushed a lot. Also I was right to think that something must have happened at the beginning of the episode for Kyle to react that way, instead of people just randomly attacking her. Do you think because of this we can rule out Annaleise, Laura and possibly Sophie winning?
    Forum Member
    Boy wherever I read that Laura was like Jael (cycle 8), I didn't really see it until watching those vids. :eek:

Ann did a video blog during cycle 15, so doing one doesn't necessarily rule them out of winning.

Although in regards to Laura, I did read that she admitted that she didn't really want to model and that she just wanted to use it to pay for school.
    That's certainly not the 'Tyra' way of thinking is it? :o
    Since then I felt that she wasn't going to win, and why I think the judges are simply biding their time to really find out what makes her tick and how much she wants it.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I'm really going out on a limb this early in a season, but I think Laura might be one of my favourite Top Model girls ever. She's absolutely beautiful, has taken consistently excellent pictures, and her personality seems really cool and chilled, even if she seems pretty downbeat in those vlogs she made. I don't think she'll win, but she's my favourite girl in years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she's great and looks like a model that's what is great for her. I think the only problem is, the show has now pretty much turned 90% reality, 10% model. The last time I think a proper 'looks like a relevent mode' won the show was in Cycle 14 with Krista... and still she's a nobody. The only 2 people from the whole of ANTM that I have seen or heard of have been Tocarra (I seen her in a poster in town for Evans) and also Eugena in a few music videos.

If anybody is gonna win this cycle, my bets are going on AzMarie or Alisha and I don't know why I say that lol :S
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I know I'm really going out on a limb this early in a season, but I think Laura might be one of my favourite Top Model girls ever. She's absolutely beautiful, has taken consistently excellent pictures, and her personality seems really cool and chilled, even if she seems pretty downbeat in those vlogs she made. I don't think she'll win, but she's my favourite girl in years.

I agree about her not winning.

In the blogs I get the feeling as though she hasn't had a great time since the show. If you notice in her second vid she talks about her day being a waitress.

Maybe she is just having a bad time, but from how she seems in the blogs, and how the show has been edited, I get the feeling Laura isn't going to win, which is a shame as she has been destroying this cycle, and has definately become one of my favourite girls ever on the show.

I wish her great success in the future. Her second video about her friend had me tearing up.
    It really hit home about how fragile life really is. :cry:

I now see how her photoes can be so stunning. She has the emotion and character within her to make them so strong.
    Good luck to her, and may she continue to kick ass in the competition. :D
    Forum Member
    I think AzMarie is definitely the preferred winner. Infact I feel like the whole cycle currently rests on her performance.
    However, her personality is so laid back that she's practically horizontal. A quality that usually frustrates Tyra as it translates to her as indifference and lacking desire.

If Tyra gets bored of AzMarie then I feel like a Brit victory is on the cards, I 'm not sure Tyra cares who as they are all the same to her. :D Though I'm thinking Sophie/Alisha/Catherine.

I bet it sucks for Tyra that the two US girls who have been doing especially well, AzMarie and Laura, have personalities that aren't usually popular with the judges.
    Eboni was a dark horse up to now, but her recent negative edit suggests things going in the opposite direction for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what about that awful focus group. :eek:

Annaliese said they edited out most of the horrendous things they said.

Where did they find those people. I would be mortified to have heard things like that. I'm surprised a fuss wasn't kicked up about that.

Shame on Tyra and the production team for leaving that in.

And that pompous Martin Lindstrom was back.
    I still haven't forgotten how rude and offensive he was to Kayla last cycle.
    Don't really see why he needed to be on the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen who got eliminated. I was expecting it, but my god the other person in the bottom 2 I was like :eek: Not only that, but the whole Call out was BS!! Can't wait to see it tomorrow to see how it turned out that way
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting used to seeing Tyra just dump all the Brits at the bottom, but the call out order this week was total rubbish. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can justify the FCO but what the hell? Why was Big-Moan near the top of the leader board. When I first looked at it, i thought "maybe it was a challenge and whatever side won, would all be in the first half of Call-out" but then I seen Sophie up the top then it all mindf**ked me. Tyra really is an embarrassment to herself ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished watching, god the results had me frustrated and sad haha

1) Why the hell is Seymone still there? Yes, I know I'm not a professional but no way in hell did she deserve to be called 4th. Also she is such a stroppy bitch and she frustrates the hell out of me. If that was anybody else, their behaviour would be brought up at panel. They totally over-exaggerated how amazing her photo was. Yeah the face was stunning.. after they had photoshopped it til near an inch of it's life.

2) Annaleise's days are numbered, she may be next to leave imo. They dwell on her being a tv presenter more and more each episode. In saying that I love her personality it's awesome. I laughed when they asked her height and she said "i'm 5'7''...but I make up for it in personality" Also she looked so much like Keenyah in her photo

3) Tyra is so condescending it's not even funny anymore. When she was saying "who's next a Brit or a Yank? *Brits shake heads*... You's are smart" I felt like it was a big f**k you to them as if she was looking down on them. Also when she had called Kyle and brought up about the Brits being the bottom 4. She again put them down.. pssh shut it Tyrant.

4) Why was Catherine bottom 2 when she had a slammin' photo. They dwelled on her and Ashley not booking a job, yet didn't with Seymone? Talk about double standards. When Ashley was eliminated, it was great to see that the girls were generally upset to see her go.

The whole call-out was BS, IMO it should have been
    1) Eboni
    2) Sophie
    3) Catherine
    4) Laura
    5) AzMarie
    6) Alisha
    7) Annaleise
    8) Kyle

9) Ashley
    Eliminated - Seymone

They're pushing so much for Seymone. Her and Annaleise will be next out I think.
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That call out order, was pretty similar to what I would've had. Only differences, would be Az down a bit more, and Alisha, and possibly Analiese a place or two higher. But overall, the bottom 2, were my bottom 2, although the two were two of my two 4 at the start :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna miss Ashleys quirky little comments. Catherine needs to look better at panel. The dress under the top looks odd as lol
    Forum Member
    It is getting annoying now. I'm starting to think that maybe Tyra will just humiliate the Brits and not one of them will ever get top photo and certainly not win.

This episode was like the AzMarie Appreciation Show.
    All except for Tyra commenting that she's getting cocky. Interesting because I still feel like Tyra doesn't like AzMarie as much as she feels she should.

The Brits really do provide the best commentary. Alisha is probably the best at it.
    Although I did love Ashley saying "I'm not asking much, just to walk in your show for gawdsake", in her strong Scottish accent.
    Seymone realy does need to go, agree that 4th was ridiculous. Her shot wasn't that good, I thought her body looked unflattering.

Eboni has certainly done a 180 turn from last week. I almost feel like the show is pitting Eboni and Sophie against eachother. Maybe it was just for this episode, or maybe it will be more of a longterm thing. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Brits really do provide the best commentary. Alisha is probably the best at it.
    Although I did love Ashley saying "I'm not asking much, just to walk in your show for gawdsake", in her strong Scottish accent.
    Seymone realy does need to go, agree that 4th was ridiculous. Her shot wasn't that good, I thought her body looked unflattering.

Ashley say for gawdsake was hilarious in her accent.

The callout order was rubbish again. Catherine shouldn'tve been in the bottom 2. If it was based on because she didn't get any bookings, surely the highest Seymone should've been was bottom 3?

Her photo wasn't very flattering, especially the hip area. For the past few weeks they were talking about finding the right angles, she clearly didn't at all!