Rock hard bit of skin underneath my big toe, how do I get rid of it?

Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
Forum Member
✭✭
You know when you have hard skin under your big toe, and it hurts to walk on, I have that.

I've tried grating it off with one of those grater things, rubbing baby oil hasn't worked either.

it's driving me nuts, am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• DRY_SWEEPERDRY_SWEEPER Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    put the foot in water for a long time, it wont be so hard then and you might be able to do something with the grater
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,481
    Forum Member
    For goodness sake go to a chiropodist/podiatrist. It'll cost around 30 quid but you'll feel like you're walking on air afterwards.
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cut it off with scissors
  • Craven MoorheadCraven Moorhead Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Rob22 wrote: »
    You know when you have hard skin under your big toe, and it hurts to walk on, I have that.

I've tried grating it off with one of those grater things, rubbing baby oil hasn't worked either.

it's driving me nuts, am I doing something wrong?

Corn or veruccha (sp?).

There are acid based liquids you can use that'll burn it away in about ten days.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a cream from boots called scholl its really good for cracked heels and feet:)
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have it but on the side of my big toe, the outside. I keep cutting it off but comes back and more painful.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no chance I will be able to cut mine off.

it hurts just to touch it, let alone cutting it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chiropodist then I reckon!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When in the house don't wear shoes, The additional air getting to the soles of your feet and reduced temperature of the foot will start to work on the problem. it might take a while but should help and enable you to start touching the soles too.

You might when able want to do a little emery board work on the hard skin area too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When in the house don't wear shoes, The additional air getting to the soles of your feet and reduced temperature of the foot will start to work on the problem. it might take a while but should help and enable you to start touching the soles too.

Cheers.

I do wear slippers and trainers indoors quite a bit, which is silly really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,481
    Forum Member
    Rob22 wrote: »
    There's no chance I will be able to cut mine off.

it hurts just to touch it, let alone cutting it

Sounds like a corn. They're really painful if you put pressure on it, and they go in quite deep, you really need to get it done by a chiropodist. When it's cut out professionally it doesn't hurt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fosdyke wrote: »
    Sounds like a corn. They're really painful if you put pressure on it, and they go in quite deep, you really need to get it done by a chiropodist. When it's cut out professionally it doesn't hurt.

But wont it really hurt if a chiropodist does it? I mean it must do a bit, surely
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you can just leave it and continue to suffer instead
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like a callus or corn - try putting some bazuka (salicylic acid?) on it - the stuff that's used for veruccas, then file it down, and use a corn plaster. A chiropodist will probably do the same thing - they won't cut it out (i.e., draw blood) or do anything painful.