His & Hers

monitotmonitot Posts: 68
Forum Member
Anybody else watching this new series tomorrow night on bbc3 with the lovely Russell Tovey? I really cant wait!!

Comments

• monitotmonitot Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Sorry I meant 'Him and Her'!!!
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Good job I spotted this! Is it really a new series?!

And to think I only came on here to correct you...!
  • peter_sharp1ukpeter_sharp1uk Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No HD version this time.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I saw a trailer for the new series when I was watching American Dad last Sunday. Looking forward to it.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching this now. Russell Tovey looks much younger than his real age (31).

Also I caught a bit of Sun, Sex & Suspicious Parents - didn't realise Russell Tovey was also the narrator!
  • MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it last night. A decent start if very lacklusture in parts. Laura (Bexs sister) reminds me of my own sister in parts with the bitchy attitude and delusions. Loved how Pauls David Cameron-esque half brother was out of place.

He does look young for 31 but he is very handsome...plus he is gay which is a Brucey bonus.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Have the opening double episode taped, REALLY looking forward to watching it. :)
  • tiltonlandtiltonland Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Great show,,sister in law such a bitch,great acting,,,both main characters are gay in real life.
  • DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura is a real scene stealer, plays her character really well and I hate her and love her at the same time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Balls. I forgot this was on!
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,508
    Forum Member
    No HD version this time.
    Repeats on BBC HD starting on Thursday, 29th November, if you can wait that long. Had to search for that though, they really should flag it up in the original BBC3 listing. :mad:
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dirtyhippy wrote: »
    Laura is a real scene stealer, plays her character really well and I hate her and love her at the same time.
    Exactly how I feel - I have to remind myself she's an actor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they'd stop with the pukey sniffing and eating rancid stuff, I can't fathom what the point is. Is it something the writer thinks couples do?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love a boyfriend like Russel Tovey. I love him. Laura makes this show though...."I need my vitamins Steve, or the baby melts"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    monitot wrote: »
    Sorry I meant 'Him and Her'!!!

I clicked on the thread list for this thinking it was about a 1970s comedy series which I recall being on back then, [it sank without trace, unlamented]. but turns out, to be something else. ah well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    the actress who plays Laura is Russel Howards little sister <-- my fact of the week
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    tashajayne wrote: »
    the actress who plays Laura is Russel Howards little sister <-- my fact of the week

She obviously got all the funny genes in that family
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiltonland wrote: »
    Great show,,sister in law such a bitch,great acting,,,both main characters are gay in real life.

Are you also meaning Becky?? (Sarah Solemani) as she is married to a man called Daniel according to Wikipedia. Granted not the most reliable source sometimes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to be Shelly's best mate! She seems so sweet :)
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    tiltonland wrote: »

Russell Tovey is gay, but who else? :confused:
  • furkinfurkin Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I started watching this series - really loved the last one.

I got so pissed off with the sister - I stopped watching half way through ep 2 - & havn't bothered since.

It was as though 'someone' said "give her more lines",,,, but they've gone over the top.

They could give her a series,,,, & leave Him & Her alone.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Finally got round to watching the first two episodes. Really enjoying it though I feel there is too much Laura and Paul so far. They are great characters but I feel they are taking over a bit. Anyone know why there is only 6 episodes this series?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked the series but I just can't stand Laura, Paul and Dan! They are the three most irritating characters I could imagine, I know that's their point but I want to just hit them they are so annoying.

When it is just Steve and Bex I love the show, and Shelly is so nice too. I just hate the rest of them, Dan does my head in I think I would kill him if he was my friend in real life. My hatred of these characters is starting to get in the way of my enjoyment of the show which is a shame, as I pretty much adore most of the things Russell Tovey is in and up until now this was one of them.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Dan was even more repulsive than usual tonight. I'd have to disinfect my place if someone like that character ever came around.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd programme. Makes me feel somewhat depressed. The two main characters are lovely, but some of the others are despicable. The sister ...good God.