The Loved Ones

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
Forum Member
It was fantastic, a real gem of a movie. The guy that wrote and directed this is a genius. The acting is outstanding! My stomach was in knots with the tension and at times I was frantically shaking. I was always laughing at the funny bits. The film never did what I was expecting, it was so unbelievably refreshing! It is that beautiful kind of film when after watching it, it's still in your mind and you keep thinking about it. Thank you for this film! :D

Comments

• mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lola is one of the scariest characters ever (and her dad)..they really put that poor guy through the mill.
    It was really gory in parts but a little bit cartoonish at the same time...i enjoyed it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great film, looked fantastic on blu ray, great transfer.
  • intruder2kintruder2k Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Terrible movie, how somebody could describe it as "beautiful" is beyond me. The Aussies copy Hollywood and make a torture film with the same kind of psychotic characters that have been a staple since the Mad Max movies. If you want a similarly gruesome film that's actually done well, check out Storm Warning.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    intruder2k wrote: »
    Terrible movie, how somebody could describe it as "beautiful" is beyond me. The Aussies copy Hollywood and make a torture film with the same kind of psychotic characters that have been a staple since the Mad Max movies. If you want a similarly gruesome film that's actually done well, check out Storm Warning.

I dont remember seeing a crazy prom date in mad max :p the loved ones is better than storm warning imo
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    If you think one film is terrible and go on to recommend another, at least recommend a good film... Storm Warning? nowhere near as good.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weird this thread popped up. I just finished watching this after having it stored on skyplus for months.

I thought it was great, especially as I knew very little of what was going to happen.

Lola is monstrous!