Glen Michael's Cartoon Cavalcade - STV kids nostalgia

Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,677
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Considering CITV has celebrated 30 years of networked kids output, here's STV's regional effort with legendary presenter Glen Michael on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXMNFDrvzm8

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    I used to watch this as a wee laddie and was really excited when we were told that the Christmas treat for our primary class day out was to be given a guided tour of Edinburgh's Waxworks Museum by Glen himself.

When he arrived he was very, erm, "merry" and smelt like my Dad after coming home on a Saturday night. One of the resident guides took us around instead, but Glen tagged along going "Ooh" and "Ahh" at everything. Was still a good day and he seemed really nice.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use to love watching Glen Michael on a Sunday.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember he came and put on a show at our local community centre when i was 10 or 11, had his dog Rusty? and his lamp..Palladin was it?
    Remember he used to show old Fantastic Four cartoons in two halves, great fun, i haven't thought about him in years. Gonna have to look him up now!
  • PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    logansdad wrote: »
    I remember he came and put on a show at our local community centre when i was 10 or 11, had his dog Rusty? and his lamp..Palladin was it?
    Remember he used to show old Fantastic Four cartoons in two halves, great fun, i haven't thought about him in years. Gonna have to look him up now!

Yes his dog was called Rusty and lamp Palladin.

I liked watching Arabian Nights.

Ahh the memories !
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Glen Michael was great :)
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looked him up on Wiki..He's still alive!!! and he's..............English!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Think he lives in ayrshire now.

...and what was the word in the end credits song, I always used to think that they said JANE at the end.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the cartoons I remember him showing were Atom Ant,Roger Ramjet,Batfink,The Banana Splits & Fang Face.There was also another cartoon that he showed.I think it was a little Spanish guy that travelled the word & he use to say 'I want to be your friend,hey amigo'. or to that effect.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My papa worked for STV and my birthday was read out all the time along with my uncles lol.