Lewis - New Series

Comments

• Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    Kevin's done a few things! :)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0923610/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

I'd almost forgotten he did Peak Practice, even though I never missed an episode!

And I remember seeing him in Miss Marple!

My favourite thing he's done, was B&B which I saw as a child, still upsets me, even now!
  • pognog2pognog2 Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewis has a history of being a crap cook. Hathaway is supposed to have the ability.

Pierce and ping

I'm still holding out for a few one off episodes I think they'll leave next weeks episode with both Lewis & Hathaway still un-decided so if it doesn't come back we can assume Robbie & Laura are living happily ever after and James is doing whatever he wishes either an inspector or having left the police force but if it does they are both still employed

I do think it'll we depend on Laurence's American dream if it works they'll be no more if it doesn't the show will be back January 2015
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    lets hope laurences career is a fail....in the nicest possible way and kevin gets bored of not working then more lewis :)

how does everyone think or hope the final scene will end,i think all 4 of them will be in a pub garden and just fade out

also I hope laura and Robbie tell each other they love each other next week instead of "I quite like laura" come on Robbie you can do better than that :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mirror have already posted a picture of the last scene
    its Robbie and James in a beer garden - I do think Laura and Jean will be in the scene as well. At least I hope so
    Forum Member
    oooh thankyou pognog2 is that in todays mirror? and is there an article to is it worth buying the paper? cheers chick :)
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    pognog2 wrote: »
    Pierce and ping

I'm still holding out for a few one off episodes I think they'll leave next weeks episode with both Lewis & Hathaway still un-decided so if it doesn't come back we can assume Robbie & Laura are living happily ever after and James is doing whatever he wishes either an inspector or having left the police force but if it does they are both still employed

I do think it'll we depend on Laurence's American dream if it works they'll be no more if it doesn't the show will be back January 2015

I love lewis -gutted it is winding down- lets hope after a rest both kevin and laurence want to carry on
  • babspankybabspanky Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About time Lewis got his love life in order, those two are made for each other. I'm not really soppy, but they really made me go aaaah.
    Yera wrote: »
    I love lewis -gutted it is winding down- lets hope after a rest both kevin and laurence want to carry on

Really? Oh I hope so too.
    Forum Member
    babspanky wrote: »
    About time Lewis got his love life in order, those two are made for each other. I'm not really soppy, but they really made me go aaaah.

Really? Oh I hope so too.

I know what you mean ive turned into a soppy sappy romantic mess since the start of series 7 laura and Robbie as you said are ment for each other there so damn cute together and beliveable and natural,its like there together in real life (I know there not) but there just so awwwww lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    terri21 wrote: »
    oooh thankyou pognog2 is that in todays mirror? and is there an article to is it worth buying the paper? cheers chick :)

No it a few weeks back http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/lewis-to-end-in-way-inspector-morse-1565387
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Pierce and ping

The preview for next week does say something about as they solve the case both Hathaway and Lewis face life changing decisions.

The fact it says FACE rather than MAKE does - from that, anyway, suggest it's one of those where they might sort of end the programme with the question hanging in the air as to what they might do - if you see what I mean!

Like when someone says, "So are you gonna do that?" and the camera goes on the face of the person asked .... and then it ends before they speak! lol

It mentions in the review that Hathaway resorts to prayer next week so maybe his decision is to toy with going back to the church!

As to Laurence going to America, I've read about that and every time it mentions that they are going now because his two sons aren't at school yet, so that's why they're going now. Which just from that suggests they aren't planning on going long term anyway, whatever happens.

It would be a shame if this was the absolute end of Lewis. Morse went on for so long, it feels like Lewis has lasted no time by conmparison.
    Forum Member
    jk1978 wrote: »
    I think there is deffo not going to be another series but Kevin has already stated he wants a year off (so no filiming this year) and is up for the idea of a one off next year...maybe a Xmas special but I think only if Lawrence Fox will want to do it aswel.

Remember Morse had a few one off specials before the final ep.

Least we all have Endeavour to look forward to later in the year which I assume will have the full 2 hours ep.

With Morse, John said he wanted to do something else, around 1993 when the last 'series' went out. There'd been 7 series - from 1987 - of three or 4 episodes a year, (28 episodes) and that left little time for anything else.

So they offered him Kavanagh and asked him to do one off specials, which is what they did. And there was 4 - in 95, 96, 97 and 98 before the last one was shown in 2000.

Always remember in one of them - can't remember which! - John did it with his 'Kavanagah' hair! lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Morse, John said he wanted to do something else, around 1993 when the last 'series' went out. There'd been 7 series - from 1987 - of three or 4 episodes a year, (28 episodes) and that left little time for anything else.

So they offered him Kavanagh and asked him to do one off specials, which is what they did. And there was 4 - in 95, 96, 97 and 98 before the last one was shown in 2000.

Always remember in one of them - can't remember which! - John did it with his 'Kavanagah' hair! lol

I think that was the '95 which was Laura's first episode cause did make a comment about Morse needing a haircut
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand why Hathaway wouldn't be thinking about promotion or would want to leave the force if Lewis goes. Doesn't really make sense to me. I'm also puzzled as to why he doesn't have a girlfriend or any love interest. Its as if they have stopped developing Hathaway as a character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I can't understand why Hathaway wouldn't be thinking about promotion or would want to leave the force if Lewis goes. Doesn't really make sense to me. I'm also puzzled as to why he doesn't have a girlfriend or any love interest. Its as if they have stopped developing Hathaway as a character.

In a previous ep when Lewis was toying the idea of retirement James made a comment about saying he couldnt do this...meaning the job...without being Lewis' sidekick...also that no one else "gets him". He always said if Lewis goes, then he does......

As for the bit about a girlfriend....James has always been a been of a lone wolf...a loner....my Brother is the same...he has never married and he is 37...he too lives inside his head like James does....so they have not stopped developing the character per say...just continuing it.....
    Forum Member
    I think that was the '95 which was Laura's first episode cause did make a comment about Morse needing a haircut

Ah, Laura's first episode. When she first appeared, walked up to Morse and Lewis and consulted a piece of paper and said she was looking for "Inspector ... Mouse" lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »

I liked the fact that they never went too deeply into Hathaway's character - to begin with he was enigmatic and small clues to who he was were given away here and there, such as why he left the church and the possible abuse he'd suffered as a boy.

Also, the fact that he was so reserved yet became so loyal and relaxed around Lewis, highlighted what a force for good Lewis is.

For me, Hathaway has been one of the most fascinating characters on TV for quite a while, and I'm quite glad that they didn't just settle him into a relationship - although they've been a bit inconsistent with this, as they've shown him being both quite relaxed in a romantic situation and, at other times, very nervous and unsure how to proceed.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yvie123 wrote: »
    I liked the fact that they never went too deeply into Hathaway's character - to begin with he was enigmatic and small clues to who he was were given away here and there, such as why he left the church and the possible abuse he'd suffered as a boy.

Also, the fact that he was so reserved yet became so loyal and relaxed around Lewis, highlighted what a force for good Lewis is.

For me, Hathaway has been one of the most fascinating characters on TV for quite a while, and I'm quite glad that they didn't just settle him into a relationship - although they've been a bit inconsistent with this, as they've shown him being both quite relaxed in a romantic situation and, at other times, very nervous and unsure how to proceed.

But this is what writers do, to suit individual stories, they do it with Sgt. Ben in Midsommer and did it with the Old Barney Bee's daughter, Cally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But this is what writers do, to suit individual stories, they do it with Sgt. Ben in Midsommer and did it with the Old Barney Bee's daughter, Cally.
    I've not watched Midsommer for ages, but yes, I think the writers on that show must take the prize for the most inconsistent characters!
    I never forgave them for having Troy and Cully seemingly about to embark on a passionate affair ( well, caught in a smooch by her Dad, anyway!) only for them to act as if it had never happened just an episode later:D

As for Ben, they could never seem to decide if he was a bumbling idiot or a clued up, ladies' man!
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    As soon as they mentioned the mysterious "500" inscription on the car, I immediately thought that it might be "SOO" not "500". The fact that they kept going on and on about "500" - and didn't even consider the possibility of it being "SOO" - made it such an obvious clue.
  • lammtarralammtarra Posts: 4,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnloony wrote: »
    As soon as they mentioned the mysterious "500" inscription on the car, I immediately thought that it might be "SOO" not "500". The fact that they kept going on and on about "500" - and didn't even consider the possibility of it being "SOO" - made it such an obvious clue.

A clue to what, though, since we did not see the name Soo before Lewis and Hathaway did and made the connection immediately? I'd spent most of the episode thinking it was SoA.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member

In the last series they had Hathaway briefly involved with a lady known ( on DS) as the Horticultural Hottie , but there seems to be no love interest for him in this series which strikes me as a bit odd. Possibly because Lewis is now linked with Laura they thought that both of them getting it on would be too much.

I wonder what the Horticultural Hottie and Cully are doing these days , I haven't seen either of them in any drama recently .
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    In the last series they had Hathaway briefly involved with a lady known ( on DS) as the Horticultural Hottie , but there seems to be no love interest for him in this series which strikes me as a bit odd. Possibly because Lewis is now linked with Laura they thought that both of them getting it on would be too much.

I wonder what the Horticultural Hottie and Cully are doing these days , I haven't seen either of them in any drama recently .

Yes!

I remember that, didn't we have some exchanges describing different female characters, substituting made up names with some alliteration?
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    david1955 wrote: »

Horticultural Hottie is Nadine Lewington I believe.

She's only been in an episode of Misfits on screen since.

As for Cully, an episode of Doctors,an episode of Casualty and a film called Get Well Soon.

She's been busy on stage: http://www.laurahoward.net/website/CV.html
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,728
    Forum Member
    Ah, Laura's first episode. When she first appeared, walked up to Morse and Lewis and consulted a piece of paper and said she was looking for "Inspector ... Mouse" lol

Didn't somebody also once ask for him as 'Inspector Morose'?
    Forum Member
    am I the only one who couldn't stand morse and thought that series was rubbish and also I cant stand endeavour both imo are absolute tripe yet I absolutely love love love lewis