Strictly Confidential tour

Comments

• Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Stranger and stranger - Artem partnering Lisa? :confused:

Whatever next? Natalie Lowe in a film as Grace Kelly? [OK I'll go along with that one]
    lol - aye me too!!
  • pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Craig should immediately be removed from the judging panel at least until Lisa leaves the show .

corruption is the only description of lasts weeks marking and then the announcement that they are to tour together in his show
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pabird wrote: »
    Craig should immediately be removed from the judging panel at least until Lisa leaves the show .

corruption is the only description of lasts weeks marking and then the announcement that they are to tour together in his show

This all seems a bit extreme to me.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether Lisa goes now, or in two weeks, and whether Craig scores her high or low has no real commercial effect on this tour whatsoever. It's in summer of next year for Christ's sake. By that point, all but the hardcore will have forgotten whether he gave her a 6 or a 7 or an 8 for her pigging quickstep. In fact most viewers don't even know now. Sane ones anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Whether Lisa goes now, or in two weeks, and whether Craig scores her high or low has no real commercial effect on this tour whatsoever. It's in summer of next year for Christ's sake. By that point, all but the hardcore will have forgotten whether he gave her a 6 or a 7 or an 8 for her pigging quickstep. In fact most viewers don't even know now. Sane ones anyway.

What you say does make sense to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly!!!
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Monkseal - why are you always so rational!?
    Is it one of your special talents?!
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How much does four or five extra weeks television exposure enhance a brand six months down the line? Would Lisa have the same commercial brand if she had left a month ago? Saying she got to the (semi) final rather than round five will make a difference to sales.

Anyway FWIW I have extended my analysis to all the dancers comparing Craig's score for all the dancers with the average of the other three.

Only for Lisa has Craig scored higher than the other judges averaged. Coincidence? Maybe. But especially compare his relative scores for her versus his scores for the other crap to middling dancers. He has over-marked Lisa by about 1.5 per show.
    Craig	Other Average	Craig below Others
    Denise & James	8.1	8.2	0.1
    Kim & Pasha	7.8	7.9	0.1
    Louis & Flavia	6.9	8.0	1.1
    Dani & Vincent	7.4	7.8	0.4
    Lisa & Robin	7.3	7.1	-0.2
    Nicky & Karen	5.7	7.0	1.3
    Michael & Nat	5.6	6.6	1.0
    Colin & Krist	5.6	6.4	0.8
    Vic & Brendan	5.3	6.3	1.0
    Fern & Artem	5.2	5.9	0.7
    Richard & Erin	4.9	5.9	1.0
    Sid & Ola	4.5	5.4	0.9
    John & Aliona	4	4.8	0.8
    Jerry & Anton	3	5.0	2.0

• MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How much does four or five extra weeks television exposure enhance a brand six months down the line? Would Lisa have the same commercial brand if she had left a month ago? Saying she got to the (semi) final rather than round five will make a difference to sales.

Lisa was a viable commercial commodity from the second she came out and blew away a very lacklustre week 1, where nobody else really stood out, with her cha cha, which 90% of people loved at the time, and which is probably still overall the biggest talking point of the series, especially with casual fans, so far. And that was nothing to do with Craig. From that point on she was more or less guaranteed Top 5/6 at least, even if they gave her Widdy scores and called her a fatty rum-pum-pum who dances with her face more than any other part of her body. In fact probably especially so. She'd still be here regardless of whether Craig had given her 2s or 9s.

Although speaking of "Widdy scores", isn't she his other cash cow currently? And didn't they mark her bottom of the leaderboard nigh on every week? And what effect did that have on her "commercial appeal"?
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No wonder Lisa received the judge comments with wide eyed amazement. It was indeed unbelievable.
    The rest of Strictly is a fairyland anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No wonder Lisa received the judge comments with wide eyed amazement. It was indeed unbelievable.

I think that all of Lisa's comments and marks have been deserved.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member

:D:D:D:D
  • Wobbly CobblersWobbly Cobblers Posts: 46
    Forum Member

The tickets are available now though so the revenue stream begins now so it has a significant commercial effect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member

I LOVE the word 'pigging' :D

In a good way :o
  • shrewshrew Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa was a viable commercial commodity from the second she came out and blew away a very lacklustre week 1, where nobody else really stood out, with her cha cha, which 90% of people loved at the time, and which is probably still overall the biggest talking point of the series, especially with casual fans, so far. And that was nothing to do with Craig. From that point on she was more or less guaranteed Top 5/6 at least, even if they gave her Widdy scores and called her a fatty rum-pum-pum who dances with her face more than any other part of her body. In fact probably especially so. She'd still be here regardless of whether Craig had given her 2s or 9s.

Although speaking of "Widdy scores", isn't she his other cash cow currently? And didn't they mark her bottom of the leaderboard nigh on every week? And what effect did that have on her "commercial appeal"?

Just stop speaking sense! Don't you know where you are!!!!???!!!!

<shakes Monkseal by the shoulders>

C'mon guys - it's not like it's the Olympics, World Cup* or Eurovision now is it!

*choose a sport... any sport.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    tangoqueen wrote: »
    I LOVE the word 'pigging' :D

In a good way :o

and "cash cow".

Don't forget, Lisa has a "hhhhhuuuuugggggeeeee personality" and she's "larger than life".
  • katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps people are jumping too quickly on the 'Craig has Lisa on his tour and therefore he is marking her highly' bandwagon.

Isn't it equally plausible that Craig rates Lisa (and marks her accordingly) and therefore wants her on his tour?
    Forum Member
    katie_p wrote: »
    Perhaps people are jumping too quickly on the 'Craig has Lisa on his tour and therefore he is marking her highly' bandwagon.

Isn't it equally plausible that Craig rates Lisa (and marks her accordingly) and therefore wants her on his tour?

If he rates her as a dancer, then he really does need to retire.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you are right katie, I think that Craig does mark Lisa fairly.
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Errr.. No. Not for dancing anyway.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, I think - inexplicably - he really rates what she beings to the show. Not technique, obviously, but all the other stuff they've all trotted out ad nauseum. Craig has funny taste - he loves doing panto with Widdy, after all.

Trying to work out what Lisa could bring to his new production, other than bums on seats (though I'm in the group put off by her inclusion), I can only imagine it's as 'inspiration'. Look! Dancing is for everyone! Yada, yada.
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Yep, I think - inexplicably - he really rates what she beings to the show. Not technique, obviously, but all the other stuff they've all trotted out ad nauseum. Craig has funny taste - he loves doing panto with Widdy, after all.

Trying to work out what Lisa could bring to his new production, other than bums on seats (though I'm in the group put off by her inclusion), I can only imagine it's as 'inspiration'. Look! Dancing is for everyone! Yada, yada.

Can Craig actually dance himself? I remember Katya making a negative remark about a Cha Cha he did? He also did a Charleston at some point and I wasn't impressed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Monkseal - why are you always so rational!?
    Is it one of your special talents?!

It is a good talent to posses.
  • LisaCLisaC Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Errr.. No. Not for dancing anyway.

If you watch his face while she's dancing, in the glimpses we've had, he has a Face like thunder. He knows how bad she is, he's just found a way to make her useful.
    Forum Member
    LisaC wrote: »
    If you watch his face while she's dancing, in the glimpses we've had, he has a Face like thunder. He knows how bad she is, he's just found a way to make her useful.

Yes, I think that's it. I know it is one big scripted mess and they have all "sold out". He has been the biggest sell out this this though.