Kelly Clarkson announces engagement

child of tyrachild of tyra Posts: 830
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a445455/kelly-clarkson-announces-her-engagment-to-boyfriend-brandon-blackstock.html

Kelly Clarkson has announced that she is engaged to her boyfriend Brandon Blackstock.

The singer took to her Twitter page to announce the news today (December 15).

She posted: "I'M ENGAGED!!!!! I wanted y'all to know!! Happiest night of my life last night! I am so lucky and am with the greatest man ever :)"

In November, Clarkson confessed that she is in love with Blackstock. She previously joked that the relationship was "killing" her creativity.

"Our priorities kind of shift and you become happier, and all that stuff," she previously told The AP. "It's probably my best accomplishment because I think, for me, especially, I just didn't think it would happen.

"It's like one of those cheesy love songs that didn't exist, but it does, so that's cool."

So happy for her! Seems like such a genuinely nice girl with the talent to match. Congrats!

Comments

• SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that possibly puts that rumour to bed. I'm surprised that the article didn't mention her having a new CD out now!
  • child of tyrachild of tyra Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think that rumour was ever true at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree; anyone can start a rumour and that one never seemed plausible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there was no evidence for it at all. Just happy for Kelly!
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really like kelly. congratulations to her and her intended.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this is off topic but i've never understood why Kelly isn't up there on the same league as Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy Perry etc. She's a fantastic singer and is extremely likeable with great songs and yet she always struggles to go platinum.
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bit confused about what the rumour was? Are we talking about the age-old gay rumour?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    I know this is off topic but i've never understood why Kelly isn't up there on the same league as Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy Perry etc. She's a fantastic singer and is extremely likeable with great songs and yet she always struggles to go platinum.

I've wondered this too. I much prefer her over Beyonce etc. I think marketing and PR can play a part too, Beyonce has the whole "power couple" image with Jay-Z, Rihanna is, well, Rihanna! And Katy Perry has a failed marriage and various high profile romances. JMO though.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Kelly! My congratulations to her. Hope they will be happy for many years. :)
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly is a bit too nice and ordinary - not a bad thing but she lacks the untouchable glamour and mystique of Beyonce or Rihanna.

That sounds mean which I don't mean, but it's about image. If you want to be A list you got to act it. Kelly prefers being nice.

Congratulations to her.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly is a bit too nice and ordinary - not a bad thing but she lacks the untouchable glamour and mystique of Beyonce or Rihanna.

That sounds mean which I don't mean, but it's about image. If you want to be A list you got to act it. Kelly prefers being nice.

Congratulations to her.

i kind of get what you mean. her voice is exceptional, but her image is not glamorous. she`s kind of like the girl next door image wise, but i like that about her. she`s grounded.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly is a bit too nice and ordinary

Nice and ordinary can be a big appeal to me sometimes depending on the person and whether they are genuine. Kelly does seem like a lovely woman and she her voice is amazing. I love some of the more glam and provocative artists too but sometimes a return to simplicity is welcome and artists like Kelly provide that. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her voice is in a completely different league to Katy Perry and Rihanna.. first of all because she can sing well.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »

Maybe some people don't think she's a proper singer cos she came to fame on American Idol??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow.. how delightful. I actually think Kelly is a pretty girl and a great role model! She's just a real size.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Well, that possibly puts that rumour to bed. I'm surprised that the article didn't mention her having a new CD out now!

Let's be real, there is rumors about every celebrity out there, all of them are supposed to be gay. Especially if the celebs happen to have close friendships with people from the same sex.

Congrats to Kelly, she seems to be a really nice, down to earth person, and talented too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    totally agree, go Kelly!
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a445455/kelly-clarkson-announces-her-engagment-to-boyfriend-brandon-blackstock.html

Kelly Clarkson has announced that she is engaged to her boyfriend Brandon Blackstock.

The singer took to her Twitter page to announce the news today (December 15).

She posted: "I'M ENGAGED!!!!! I wanted y'all to know!! Happiest night of my life last night! I am so lucky and am with the greatest man ever :)"

In November, Clarkson confessed that she is in love with Blackstock. She previously joked that the relationship was "killing" her creativity.

"Our priorities kind of shift and you become happier, and all that stuff," she previously told The AP. "It's probably my best accomplishment because I think, for me, especially, I just didn't think it would happen.

"It's like one of those cheesy love songs that didn't exist, but it does, so that's cool."

So happy for her! Seems like such a genuinely nice girl with the talent to match. Congrats!

Christ my life is complete now she is engaged, will she be going on a diet for the big day?
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doubt it she seems to be pretty happy with her size and shape.

Good to see that offensive post has gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice is in a completely different league to Katy Perry and Rihanna.. first of all because she can sing well.

Right. Why would she want to be put in the league with them? Notice none of the three people she publicly asked to do a song with were either KP or Riri. All the people she mentioned have the chops to carry a song with her. Just imagine those two singing with Kelly. It'd be a nightmare for them.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Doubt it she seems to be pretty happy with her size and shape.

Good to see that offensive post has gone.

yes, but so did my reply :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would LOVE to hear a KC/JHud duet. Two huge voices
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good lukc to her.

Lovely news.:)
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The name Brandon Blackstock reminds me of a character out of Chef some years ago!
  • glazedhoneycakeglazedhoneycake Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    A bit off-topic I know, but my favorite two songs by Kelly Clarkson were "Miss Independent" and "Since U Been Gone"! :cool: