✭✭✭
    Trumpton
    Camberwick Green
    Hectors House
    Bagpus
    He Man (original)
    Spiderman
    Rent A Ghost
    Children of the New Forest (starring Richard Gibson)
    Blue Peter
    Top Cat
    Tom & Jerry
    Scooby Doo
    Thunderbirds
    Captain Scarlet
    The Owl Service
    Nogin the Nog
    Ivor the Engine
    Pogles Wood
    the Magic Roundabout
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Used to love California dreams,byker grove and childrens ward,
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone recall Bailey's Comets, from the 70s?

Anyone? It was sort of like Wacky Races, only it was teams of rollerskaters, not car drivers.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miles19740 wrote: »
    Trumpton
    Camberwick Green
    Chigley
    Mr Ben
    The Flumps
    Fingermouse
    Fingerbob
    Bagpuss
    HeartBeat
    Cheggars Plays Pop
    Crackerjack - "Ooooh I could crush a grape" ;)
    Rent-a-ghost
    Grandad
    Grange Hill
    and of course Blue Peter

The above plus Vision On,Mary,Mungo And Midge,Rainbow,Jamie And The Magic Torch,Pipkins,Tomorrow People,Captain Pugwash and probably others as and when I think of 'em.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Maid Marian and Her Merry Men - brilliant! :D
    I mentioned Mike and Angelo in my list :) Loved that in its earlier seasons.
    What about The Adventures of T-Bag?

Speaking of Maid Marian, Mark Billingham who played Gary, one of the Sheriff's guard is now perhaps more well-known as an author. Back in 2010 two of his books featuring DI Tom Thorne were dramatised by Sky 1
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone? It was sort of like Wacky Races, only it was teams of rollerskaters, not car drivers.

I vaguely remember that one but I don't think it's been shown on British TV for donkey's years
  • Options
    marclamarcla Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No 73
    Saturday Superstore
    Going Live
    0815 from Manchester
    Grange hill
    Byker grove
    Parallel 9
    Rainbow
    Playschool
    Fragle rock
    Woof
    Let's pretend
    record breakers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    The above plus Vision On,Mary,Mungo And Midge....Captain Pugwash and probably others as and when I think of 'em.

Vision On: remember those funny little silent films that used to get shown as part of the show, and the Viewers' Gallery, where they showed a selection of viewers' drawings?

Mary, Mungo and Midge: a young girl, dog and mouse left unsupervised in a tower block. Where were social services?

Captain Pugwash: if only there really were characters in that called Master Bates and Seaman Staines.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Anybody else remember this

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wbh4sB8394

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50/50_(children%27s_game_show)
    Loved it! They picked my school once.. we didn't win :o
  • Options
    zoli86zoli86 Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    How could everyone forget Animals of Farthing Wood!? Best childrens show of the 90s!!
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary, Mungo and Midge: a young girl, dog and mouse left unsupervised in a tower block. Where were social services?

And we must remember to make sure the lift door is shut :D
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few people have mentioned Mike and Angelo in their lists - I totally forgot it on mine, used to love it. The original My Parents Are Aliens! :)

Its a crime that ITV still have yet to give it a dvd release!

The only thing I hated about the show was that the Original Angelo got replaced by a bad actor!
  • Options
    Hexadecimal666Hexadecimal666 Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zoli86 wrote: »
    How could everyone forget Animals of Farthing Wood!? Best childrens show of the 90s!!

Another one I completely forgot about! Think it slipped my mind as it was BBC (?) and I usually watched ITV, but I did definitely used to watch Animals of Farthing Wood. I used to get the books out of the mobile library at school too although I don't think I ever ploughed all the way through one! :D

steven1977 wrote: »

There are a lot of programmes in more of a "series" format (where the story progressed from one episode to the next) - Mike and Angelo, Animals of Farthing Wood, Spooks of Bottle Bay should all be available on DVD. Here's hoping it happens one day!

If anyone remembers Spooks of Bottle Bay I've been uploading some full episodes to YouTube at www.youtube.com/user/spooksofbottlebay :)
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    steven1977 wrote: »

The only thing I hated about the show was that the Original Angelo got replaced by a bad actor!

Tim Whitnall was superb in it. I used to love it with the first two Mikes then they introduced a girl (Michaela, IIRC).
  • Options
    Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm racking my brain trying to remember the title of this cartoon I used to love as a kid.

There were these 4 superhero types who were on this ship...one of them used to answer 'Big 10' if he was asked to do anything.
    I think one was called Mercury or something similar....arrgghhhh! Racking me brains now.....

Linkety link
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief what a choice - in my day there was (only) Watch with Mother but it was great - esp. the Woodentops.
  • Options
    bbll22bbll22 Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thomas the Tank Engine WAS my childhood! :D

I did watch other shows like Fireman Sam, Postman Pat, Wacky Races etc, but Thomas was it mainly!

I never minded Ringo's narration of the show but Michael Angelis made it for me!

A really top-notch narrator with a good variety of accents at the ready!

I think I might just search YouTube now for some really classic episodes now! :D
  • Options
    Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just remembered another favourite of mine.....Inch High Private Eye! Remember that anyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Barbapapa.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,016
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I'm old. :D

Follyfoot Farm
    White Horses
    Flashing Blades
    Black Beauty
    Camberwick Green
    Trumpton
    The Herbs
    The Tomorrow People
    Screen Test
    Rhubarb and Custard
    Rentaghost
    Mr Ben
    Mary Mungo and Midge
    The Banana Splits
    Hair Bear Bunch
    Tales of the Riverbank

I'm old too then. Add to most of the above...

Pipkins
    Play Away / Play School
    Vision On
    Wait Till Your Father Gets Home
    Andy Pandy
    Bagpuss
    Handful of Songs
    Crystal Tips and Alistair
    Worzel Gummidge
    Runaround
    Ivor The Engine
    The Flumps
    Paddington
    Paperplay
  • Options
    Hexadecimal666Hexadecimal666 Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about 'Happy Monsters', does anyone remember that? It was shown on Channel 5 in the very early 2000s, and it was about a little girl who lived with her Dad and they bought a breakfast cereal which came with a monster. Well, it came with the seeds of a monster (or something like that) and when she put the seeds in the bath they would grow into full-sized friendly monsters. Quite an obscure one - can't find anything about it on the internet besides an IMDB page!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one I completely forgot about! Think it slipped my mind as it was BBC (?) and I usually watched ITV, but I did definitely used to watch Animals of Farthing Wood. I used to get the books out of the mobile library at school too although I don't think I ever ploughed all the way through one! :D

There are a lot of programmes in more of a "series" format (where the story progressed from one episode to the next) - Mike and Angelo, Animals of Farthing Wood, Spooks of Bottle Bay should all be available on DVD. Here's hoping it happens one day!

If anyone remembers Spooks of Bottle Bay I've been uploading some full episodes to YouTube at www.youtube.com/user/spooksofbottlebay :)

Their must be some way of getting hold of these tv series without begging people on download sites to see if they have them. I wish ITV would just have a way of allowing us to watch old shows on demand.
  • Options
    swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miles19740 wrote: »
    I believe Trumpton, Camberwick Green and Chigley are available on DVD.

Camberwick Green about to be released in Blu Ray :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone recall that series in about 1978, when a modern girl staying in the country goes back to the Elizabethan era, and falls in love with a young man there? I recall it referring to the tune, Greensleeves. Was that the title?
    swills wrote: »
    Camberwick Green about to be released in Blu Ray :)

I used to love the start, when you had the revolving music box, and the topped opened, and the character who was to be the main focus of the story rose out of the top. I also liked the end credits, where you had one of the characters turning a crank to move the credits along a piece of cloth on rollers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erasmus Microman