Is there anyone who still likes the meerkat ads?

2»

Comments

• Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My meerkat toy arrived in the post this morning!
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never liked them first time around. But I get why people did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the ones just before Corrie are good.
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..The children love it so it's going to be around for some time still.
  • spectraspectra Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ads and the meercats are cute but I haven't a clue what the web site they're plugging is about ...so as ads they totally fail in my eyes.

seriously? Can't hear the word meerkat without thinking "compare the meerkat/market.com".

If you are not sure what the website is pugging then you probably don't need it. I think many insurance customers have used comarison sites by now let alone those who pay energy bills. I suppose if you don't pay for such items you wouldn't need an easy way to "shop around"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ads and the meercats are cute but I haven't a clue what the web site they're plugging is about ...so as ads they totally fail in my eyes.

I'm afraid I don't believe you. The message is very clear.

On the whole I really like the meercat ads, they have the odd one that doesn't work as well. The whole campaign has been very well thought out and is coherent; apart from teh webb ones which seemed wildly out of place; Quite a rare thing in this day and age.
    The last campaign I can recall that was as well rounded was the Carling Black label campaign with the dambuster spoof being voted funniest ad of all time
  • SuddenEliteSuddenElite Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Absolutely love the Meerkats. In my humble opinion the best piece of advertising entertainment for a very long time, albeit not a particularly successful one in terms of brand awareness hence the Robert Webb "clarification ads".

But as a piece of entertainment - brilliant. I especially love the Corrie ones.
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    I agree wholeheartedly!
    They are funny and so well done too.
    The Corrie ones are fantastic.......a lot of work must have gone into creating those.

They are aren't they? I laugh every time at the one where he kicks a football and it bounces back and knocks the lamp over. Brilliant!