C4 - 16 Kids and Counting

heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
Forum Member
Look like a nice family. Not sure I'd like to queue up to use the loo though :eek:

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shall admit.. I was sat patiently waiting for the B word.. but was pleasantly surprised to hear another B word instead.. business.

I will however use one more B word.. bonkers. That's what this couple are. Bonkers! :) And they've clearly bonked too much, too.

They seem like a really nice family.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's wrong on a.few different levels, one of the kids - an elder one didn't even know how many brothers and sisters he has.

As the daughter pointed out, if they all followed their parents footsteps she'd have 256 grandchildren which cannot be useful to society. You don't get schools with that many kids and one couple have it in grandkids.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were all on This Morning today.
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I shall admit.. I was sat patiently waiting for the B word.. but was pleasantly surprised to hear another B word instead.. business.

I will however use one more B word.. bonkers. That's what this couple are. Bonkers! :) And they've clearly bonked too much, too.

They seem like a really nice family.

Take it the "B" word stood for "Benefits"? You've got to hand it to the guy for supporting the family off his own efforts :)
  • spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They seem like amazing parents and a really nice family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So he's 41, she's 37 an they had their first child when she was 14?

Something was glossed over pretty quickly there.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know whether to feel sorry for the kids in these huge families or to feel envious of them. In some ways I think it would be lovely to grow up with so many siblings, but then again you'd really have to vie for parental attention!
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do find it funny with family members struggling to remember all the names and birthdays.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    Take it the "B" word stood for "Benefits"? You've got to hand it to the guy for supporting the family off his own efforts :)

I wish they went into that a bit more. It must be hell of a bakery to support that amount of kids and one working there, presumably employees too.

Is there good money in bakeries then?

Is it one which provides for retailers or at they the retailer too?
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not sure what more they could have said? At least they admitted to it and didn't try to avoid the subject. I felt they covered it acceptably.
    Forum Member
    Look out France...the Brits are coming :D
  • brewer480brewer480 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit, I was expecting another one of those program's where I would be considering calling social services but I have to admit it does look like they are doing a very good job at bringing the kids up. That said I do think there must be a deeper reason why they want so many kids. I wish they went into the finances in more detail, how can they afford all these bills on one salary?
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So he's 41, she's 37 an they had their first child when she was 14?

They were 16 and 13 when they met.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brewer480 wrote: »
    I have to admit, I was expecting another one of those program's where I would be considering calling social services but I have to admit it does look like they are doing a very good job at bringing the kids up. That said I do think there must be a deeper reason why they want so many kids. I wish they went into the finances in more detail, how can they afford all these bills on one salary?
    I agree the children seem happy/healthy and well adjusted. Haven't got a clue how the finances work out.
    Forum Member
    I didn't have 16 brothers and sisters...I was deprived as a child :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brewer480 wrote: »

Is doesn't add up from what we've been told, unless the bakery does a mighty trade.
    They must have something coming in elsewhere.

I know it won't be much but how many of the kids would they get child benefit / family allowance for? How much would it all total?
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heiker wrote: »

So they don't get any benefits ?

Yeah right.

He would soon stop impregnating his weary wife [ her poor chuffer must be a sight for sore eyes ] if he didn't get handsome hand outs from the Taxpayer.
  • modeyinkmodeyink Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has private healthcare as well.
    Forum Member
    So they don't get any benefits ?

Yeah right.

He would soon stop impregnating his weary wife [ her poor chuffer must be a sight for sore eyes ] if he didn't get handsome hand outs from the Taxpayer.

£160 a week in total
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow 12 minute labour!
  • brewer480brewer480 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is doesn't add up from what we've been told, unless the bakery does a mighty trade.
    They must have something coming in elsewhere.

I know it won't be much but how many of the kids would they get child benefit / family allowance for? How much would it all total?

The show said they get £160 per week which they said doesn't cover the food the kids eat. I have no idea if they get any other benefits.

I thought I'd be really annoyed watching this but I really have respect for the parents, must need the patience of a saint!
  • spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww they missed his birthday and he was really upset. :(

Casper is a cool name too.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Just watching this now and do think they are amazing .. or is that mad :confused:

Imagine how much Child Benefit money they must get :eek: They would be buggered if it went down to only getting it for 2 children.

How do they afford it all with a Bakery business :confused:

The children are really lovely aswell as the parents :)
  • nvellanvella Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know whether to feel sorry for the kids in these huge families or to feel envious of them. In some ways I think it would be lovely to grow up with so many siblings, but then again you'd really have to vie for parental attention!

Everyone I know from a large family has only had one child!!
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Lovely to see a big, well adjusted family. What a great support system they'll have around them throughout life. The kids seem lovely, and are nicely turned out. Parents in a long term marriage, working hard in and out of the home, living frugally and preparing home made meals and packed lunches. The Jeremy Kyle section of society should take notes.